Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Ok, this has been bugging me for a while. When I started alchemy, I had a boost because I had a ton of excess orbs that shot me up to level 3. After that, I have been having major problems leveling up. Even now, I only managed to complete one level 2 formula sense then.

My question is, how do you level 8s, 9s, and 10s level up so fast?!

Seriously, I've been working my butt off in zomg and in towns to get gold and alchemy items for golden giftboxes and such with very little success, and I feel like I'm wasting all of my money. I do the daily chance every day, but I only managed to get 2 alchemy items this entire time. I've spent millions already on almost completed projects, but even with those, It won't even get me up to level 4. I haven't seen the 'thank you' advertisement things from gaia for weeks either.

I'm worn out with this alchemy stuff, and I've never gone through so much gaian money before. It's not like I splurge either, because I'll monitor the marketplace and look at the charts for days before buying stuff. How do you people do it?!

Dangerous Dabbler

lil_lollypop1
Ok, this has been bugging me for a while. When I started alchemy, I had a boost because I had a ton of excess orbs that shot me up to level 3. After that, I have been having major problems leveling up. Even now, I only managed to complete one level 2 formula sense then.

My question is, how do you level 8s, 9s, and 10s level up so fast?!

Seriously, I've been working my butt off in zomg and in towns to get gold and alchemy items for golden giftboxes and such with very little success, and I feel like I'm wasting all of my money. I do the daily chance every day, but I only managed to get 2 alchemy items this entire time. I've spent millions already on almost completed projects, but even with those, It won't even get me up to level 4. I haven't seen the 'thank you' advertisement things from gaia for weeks either.

I'm worn out with this alchemy stuff, and I've never gone through so much gaian money before. It's not like I splurge either, because I'll monitor the marketplace and look at the charts for days before buying stuff. How do you people do it?!

I think the guy who got to Level 10 said somewhere that he spent about 100 million.

I've managed to get to Level 4 and not far from Level 5, and I've spent about 5 million of what I had previously, outside of what I've earned back from selling extra farmed items and crafted items and put back into Alchemy. Probably 10 million or so all together.

I'll tell you right now, Level 4 is a LOT easier than Level 3. But to get there, the Sundae Treats, the Fondue, the Fausto's Bottle, are really the only way. Level 2 formula aren't worth it for the 1 exp they give. Meanwhile, farm to make Golden Magical Giftboxes and Philosopher's Caches even though they won't give exp anymore. Open them if you dare (the Cache is a better bet for that, though Used Tissue comes from the giftbox so does a lot of really cheap crap), sell them otherwise for gold. Even Orb Aggregate will still help your gold: 1000 to craft + 100 for the formula, but you can sell it for 2700 to 3000 gold.

Compared to Level 3 formulas, the Level 4 ones for Black Neko Cosplay and the Captain what's-his-name Nestegg are very, very easy.

Hygienic Guildsman

Don't craft Golden Giftboxes, just craft Caches.

Hot Firestarter

Muskratio

why do you say that?

Hygienic Guildsman

Ziarinaa
Muskratio

why do you say that?
Because caches always give you a component, and it's often worthwhile. Golden Giftboxes don't always give you a component, and the ones it does give are frequently more or less worthless. The cache costs more in terms of trash/flowers/bugs, but the same in terms of fish/loot/etc., so it also uses up less time.
Muskratio
Ziarinaa
Muskratio

why do you say that?
Because caches always give you a component, and it's often worthwhile. Golden Giftboxes don't always give you a component, and the ones it does give are frequently more or less worthless. The cache costs more in terms of trash/flowers/bugs, but the same in terms of fish/loot/etc., so it also uses up less time.

Technically it takes 5 GG's to make one cache, so it costs the same in terms of trash/flowers/bugs, and less in terms of fish/loot, so it's a lot more worthwhile.

And yes, Caches are a much better investment. Even buying Caches on the market and selling or trading the ingredients you get from them for ingredients you need for alchemy will usually turn you a profit.

Hygienic Guildsman

Sybaritic
Muskratio
Ziarinaa
Muskratio

why do you say that?

Technically it takes 5 GG's to make one cache, so it costs the same in terms of trash/flowers/bugs, and less in terms of fish/loot, so it's a lot more worthwhile.

And yes, Caches are a much better investment. Even buying Caches on the market and selling or trading the ingredients you get from them for ingredients you need for alchemy will usually turn you a profit.

Well, of course what I meant was given one cache and one giftbox, the amount of fish/loot used to craft them would be the same. But yeah, that's also a good point.

Dangerous Dabbler

Muskratio
Sybaritic
Muskratio
Ziarinaa
Muskratio

why do you say that?

Well, of course what I meant was given one cache and one giftbox, the amount of fish/loot used to craft them would be the same. But yeah, that's also a good point.

I agree that Caches are a much better deal, if you're going to open them. I am not happy when I get yet another Chameleon Tail or Regal Feathered Headdress, feh, from a Golden Giftbox. But if you're looking for a profit to finance buying other components, the giftboxes sell for about 90K on the market and the caches only sell for 300K. Yes, you might get more from the Cache if it's got a good ingredient inside, and maybe even worth more than the 300K, but five giftboxes get you a clear 450K. And if you need gold fast, the giftboxes are quicker to craft. So I think there are merits to both.

BTW, for creating them? Find out what farming you can stand doing, and keep an eye on the market for low unit prices on the rest, rather than trying to farm everything yourself. I like playing zOMG, I'm happy to wander through towns, but I hate sitting on the dock fishing or doing WordBump. So I buy my fish and Batchelors Credits and even Tickets, but farm the flowers/trash and feathers and such.

Hot Firestarter

Thank you for all the advice everyone!!!

I do not mind farming for ingredients. 3nodding

Hot Firestarter

Muskratio
Ziarinaa
Muskratio

why do you say that?

but collecting that many bugs and flowers especially pink carnations can take a long time!! eek eek

Hot Firestarter

Cimeara
Muskratio
Sybaritic
Muskratio
Ziarinaa
Muskratio

why do you say that?

I agree that Caches are a much better deal, if you're going to open them. I am not happy when I get yet another Chameleon Tail or Regal Feathered Headdress, feh, from a Golden Giftbox. But if you're looking for a profit to finance buying other components, the giftboxes sell for about 90K on the market and the caches only sell for 300K. Yes, you might get more from the Cache if it's got a good ingredient inside, and maybe even worth more than the 300K, but five giftboxes get you a clear 450K. And if you need gold fast, the giftboxes are quicker to craft. So I think there are merits to both.

BTW, for creating them? Find out what farming you can stand doing, and keep an eye on the market for low unit prices on the rest, rather than trying to farm everything yourself. I like playing zOMG, I'm happy to wander through towns, but I hate sitting on the dock fishing or doing WordBump. So I buy my fish and Batchelors Credits and even Tickets, but farm the flowers/trash and feathers and such.

farming 500 pink carnations at a time for a Cache takes a long time - how do you manage?

Hygienic Guildsman

Ziarinaa
Cimeara
Muskratio
Sybaritic
Muskratio

farming 500 pink carnations at a time for a Cache takes a long time - how do you manage?
The easiest way for me is to only hunt for them during dawn and dusk. You almost never find them during the day and at night, but during the times when the screen is yellowish/orangish, they're much more common. Same goes for old crumpled newspaper, the really rare trash type. I also collect both flowers and trash, and bugs when I see them, because I can trade bugs for the others, and if I collect trash and flowers I can get enough stuff for a cache twice as often (because it's about equally hard for each). I'm not saying it doesn't take me a lot of time, because it does. But I still think it's much more worthwhile than giftboxes. (:

Hot Firestarter

Muskratio
Ziarinaa
Cimeara
Muskratio
Sybaritic
Muskratio

The easiest way for me is to only hunt for them during dawn and dusk. You almost never find them during the day and at night, but during the times when the screen is yellowish/orangish, they're much more common. Same goes for old crumpled newspaper, the really rare trash type. I also collect both flowers and trash, and bugs when I see them, because I can trade bugs for the others, and if I collect trash and flowers I can get enough stuff for a cache twice as often (because it's about equally hard for each). I'm not saying it doesn't take me a lot of time, because it does. But I still think it's much more worthwhile than giftboxes. (:

and you always open them and then sell the prize? or do you keep the ingredients to use them later?

Hygienic Guildsman

Ziarinaa
Muskratio
Ziarinaa
Cimeara
Muskratio

and you always open them and then sell the prize? or do you keep the ingredients to use them later?
I only sell it if I know someone is looking for something I got, and I don't need it. I gold two Glass Marbles to Hashtable a little while back. The rest I keep, and list that I have them for trade in my exchange thread. (:

Moonlight Phantom

15,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
thank you all very much.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers