Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Sex Symbol

10,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I would love to begin alchemy xD but when you guys are talking I am like wHAAAAAT? xD

Lol It's so confusing.

Playful Angel

19,450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150
At least the formula for it looks really cool.... sweatdrop
and the name is so ******** cool lol.
Teases

Only thing that formula has going for it! xp

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Animal
Then you're lucky, like me with fishing, it takes a few buckets before I will have a couple guppies/bubble-eye as I'm always getting stripers or bass or catfish usually with F bait... and zomg is no different in it's random-luck chance element of things may or may not drop what you need, I get like 60 platsic before I get 1 flamingo feather usually when I farm.
I can give you some advice on fishing. The bigger a fish is, the deeper water it lives in. The fish required for the Alchemy RIGs are the smallest fish in Bass'ken, so if you want to avoid the Stripers and whatnot, DON'T swing your rod at high power. Try it at only half power or so. In fact, I recommend you do your Alchemy-related fishing with a Strength Rod instead of a Performance Rod or Distance Rod, just so it'll be easier to avoid uselessly long casting distances. If you stick to the shallows, you should only hook guppies, bubble-eye goldfish, and trash.

The Frostinator's Husband

Man-Hungry Abomination

12,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
Constipated Trillionaire
Teases

Only thing that formula has going for it! xp

At least you get to look at that cool red recipe for the next 10 stages of the final form.

Ultimate Gamer

52,550 Points
  • Ultimate Gamer 500
  • Ticket Redeemer 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
Platonix
Animal
Then you're lucky, like me with fishing, it takes a few buckets before I will have a couple guppies/bubble-eye as I'm always getting stripers or bass or catfish usually with F bait... and zomg is no different in it's random-luck chance element of things may or may not drop what you need, I get like 60 platsic before I get 1 flamingo feather usually when I farm.
I can give you some advice on fishing. The bigger a fish is, the deeper water it lives in. The fish required for the Alchemy RIGs are the smallest fish in Bass'ken, so if you want to avoid the Stripers and whatnot, DON'T swing your rod at high power. Try it at only half power or so. In fact, I recommend you do your Alchemy-related fishing with a Strength Rod instead of a Performance Rod or Distance Rod, just so it'll be easier to avoid uselessly long casting distances. If you stick to the shallows, you should only hook guppies, bubble-eye goldfish, and trash.

Ah that makes sense that, I have both strength rod + and distance rod + but I was using distance rod instead of strength rod... I'll try using strength rod next time I fish.

Wonder if Angelic Rod/+ has higher chance of catching rare fish as those are in the quests too and myeah... who knows what biglanky14s final response means and when/if it will ever be implemented and how... being able to 'choose' our components would be dang nice... maybe they'll have a like... no wait that wouldn't work... I honestly can't think of a single way for caches to be used without their prices going up through the bloody roof...and they can't use CS as the quests are supposed to be completely 'cash-free' that anyone can do given time(although ha until they put back in most of the retired and now extinct Dernier Cri items back into the D*C store well myeah)

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Animal
Platonix
Animal

Ah that makes sense that, I have both strength rod + and distance rod + but I was using distance rod instead of strength rod... I'll try using strength rod next time I fish.

Wonder if Angelic Rod/+ has higher chance of catching rare fish as those are in the quests too and myeah... who knows what biglanky14s final response means and when/if it will ever be implemented and how... being able to 'choose' our components would be dang nice... maybe they'll have a like... no wait that wouldn't work... I honestly can't think of a single way for caches to be used without their prices going up through the bloody roof...and they can't use CS as the quests are supposed to be completely 'cash-free' that anyone can do given time(although ha until they put back in most of the retired and now extinct Dernier Cri items back into the D*C store well myeah)
One route I imagine they might take is, they might divide all of the Philosopher's Cache components into broad categories, maybe four or five categories, and maybe dividing the super-rare components evenly among those categories. When you open a Philosopher's Cache you can choose which of those four or five categories you want to get a random component from. And they might do something similar with the formulas in the Alchemist's case, and have each category have one of the Legendary Backwings Quests.

Ultimate Gamer

52,550 Points
  • Ultimate Gamer 500
  • Ticket Redeemer 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
Platonix
Animal
Platonix
Animal

One route I imagine they might take is, they might divide all of the Philosopher's Cache components into broad categories, maybe four or five categories, and maybe dividing the super-rare components evenly among those categories. When you open a Philosopher's Cache you can choose which of those four or five categories you want to get a random component from. And they might do something similar with the formulas in the Alchemist's case, and have each category have one of the Legendary Backwings Quests.

Won't help if the odds for those components is like 0.00000000000001% of pulling, as it stands right now Cherub Feathers which the fallen/angelic/celestial quest all need about 120+ of oh and let's not forget that angelic/celestial need 20 more sea waters than demonic/fallen do, the drop rate is about 1 per 300 caches, sea waters are sometimes none per like 200 caches... the drop rates for those need to be about 40% higher, while things like frog slime, serpent stone(are these things even used in ANYTHING?!) need to be like 0.000000001% as who gives a crap about'em?

As for the quests, they can stay at that low percent odds, as I've said many a times, any alchemy system, the formulas should always be super rare/super expensive/super hard to get, while the components should be a farmable cakewalk once you've gotten your hands on the impossible to get a hold of formula. Every other game has their alchemy system set that way, why should Gaia be any dif? Especially for items that are meant to be coveted and rare? XD

ThePottyMouthPrincess's Significant Otter

Rainbow Unicorn

22,150 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • 50 Wins 150
I don't know if this is helpful but I'd like to offer some help with zOMG loot for crafting caches,

I am asking 10k

for 10 of each of the needed loot

Lonely Fatcat

6,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
LollipopLocomotion
wanna buy shitake or abada's twin horn for super cheap?

i can just get u another scarf stare

ThePottyMouthPrincess's Significant Otter

Rainbow Unicorn

22,150 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • 50 Wins 150
juji kisses
LollipopLocomotion

k?

In a relationship with A Fictional Character

Magical Librarian

wow, no wonder all the ingredients needed for dark matter are through the roof!!!! maybe I'll tell my friend to wait on questing erbus moon stuff until after your wings are done ;p

Lonely Fatcat

6,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
LollipopLocomotion
juji kisses
LollipopLocomotion

k?

do u need it?

Greedy Consumer

So nobody has even seen the final stage wings for the demonic quests? I cant believe Gaia tortures us so irrationally by -finally- listening to the pleas for them to add real wings and then make them so horribly impossible to get. -.-
OMG
You got all requirements?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas