Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Giver

11,700 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
I'm trying to get my Level up, but it seems that it's crazy expensive just to make a single item.
Are they all like that, or are there some that are less costly than others? Just wondering if it's even worth the trouble.

Calculated Gekko

20,250 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Abomination 100
flordelavide
In this day and age of Alchemy, there is no reason to spend half a fortune leveling up. =/
If you follow Platonix's [Nothin' But Cache] guide, you'll be able to level up using only Philosopher's Cache components, and with how many people throw away their Caches or sell them for dirt cheap, you should be able to hit level 10 with minimal costs.

As for "worth it", that all depends on what you want out of Alchemy. If you want to get max level for the achievements and glory, yes it's definitely worth it! If nothing else, Alchemy is another reason to stay in Gaia for just a bit longer.

If you want to make gold and profit from Alchemy, most likely not worth it. You can profit, but it requires a lot of research and planning. And this next part is going to sound mean, but if you can't put in the time to find out how to level without spending a lot of gold, then you won't be able to put in the time to profit from Alchemy. It requires hours of watching MP for which crafted items are desirable and millions, if not billions, of gold to invest in crafting components.

Hungry Friend

14,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
flordelavide
I'm trying to get my Level up, but it seems that it's crazy expensive just to make a single item.
Are they all like that, or are there some that are less costly than others? Just wondering if it's even worth the trouble.
totally worth it.

Wealthy Friend

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
flordelavide

You really need to PLAN/research/read guides when you do alchemy. and farm dailies (esp. rare drops) with mules. My main isn't l10 yet, but I'm getting there pretty soon with an in-progress-wing quest as incentive.

Most of the time you're grinding in alchemy after finally collecting all the ingredients - or collecting ingredients. It's VERY scavenger-hunty when it's not boring opening cache after cache. XD I do it in spates when I'm bored.

Having mules at lower alchemy levels also help when you don't want to waste lvl up exp, since a lot of the CHEAPER/EASISER/SOUGHT AFTER higher level alchemy formulas .... dundundun .. need shitz crafted on LOWER levels XD

I've got mule alchemists ranging from l1-5 currently to 'assist' my main when I need lower level formula components. XD it's working surprisingly well. (altho I'm backtracking to 'raise' another L1 mule to L3 since I didn't make enough of some L1 formulas for my L3-5 mules to use. XD)

I do have a lot of L1 ITEM formulas/components I'm planning to donate since I'd rather have my mules do component formulas. So tell me your level and I'll send you shitz to make if you're still wanting to con't in alchemy XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff