Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you abide by the laws of alchemy?

I tried a human transmutation... 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 2 ]
I turned my house into gold...and then it turned into stone 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 4 ]
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost 0.54545454545455 54.5% [ 12 ]
I am a Chimera... 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]
This poll closed on February 12, 2015.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

A lot of the formula's require items that are in the millions and several of them at that.

Is there a trick to this? Or is it just a waste of time?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Generally speaking, the people who are most devoted to Alchemy are in it for one of these things:

1) The 13 Alchemy-based Achievements,

2) The prestige of having crafted some Level-10 thing themselves (like Backwings), or

3) the challenge. (especially if they were getting bored with Gaia.)

Alchemy is definitely the sort of project where you need to know what you're doing. You will succeed or fail based on how much research you've done. There are ways to turn a profit, but if you just try doing whatever crosses your path you'll probably crash and burn.

Dangerous Dabbler

Whoops, sorry! I'm a "Cimeara" not a "Chimera"! blaugh blaugh blaugh

The trick is that You Must Do Your Research. Check out the guides, most are still useful. For people who love research, this is/was the most wonderfully intricate involved pasttime on Gaia, even if it's gotten a helluva lot easier than it was at the beginning.

For people who want to turn a quick profit, or who jump in and buy the 1 gc formulas, it's Too Difficult and a Bunch of Crap.

And that's why they brought out GoFusion. cool
emotion_c8 I get itttt. I've been on for a long time but not consistently, so I missed out on the alchemy stuff when it came around. I just went on an FMA binge so I was like....hmmmmm, alchemy. emotion_dowant

Thanks for the information. :] I'll try it out.

Lonely Phantom

7,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
so far most of the guides ive seen are about go farm zomg..... ummm zomg is gone....

Velvetine Zealot

37,225 Points
  • A Magnificent Epilogue to Our Youth 500
  • Dauntless Sovereign 500
  • Melonsta X 500
Depends really. In our current economic state, the greater worth is reaching level 10 and getting that crown since gold is like water. For others, it's finally getting those items they wanted on the mp but could never get through conventional way. Plus the luck and odds in it. You can craft a very low chance based formula on the first hit, or drain 10x the amount needed to craft it.
Personally I'm more in it for the pride of becoming a high level alchemist.

Dangerous Dabbler

Karanthen
so far most of the guides ive seen are about go farm zomg..... ummm zomg is gone....

You can't farm zOMG! anymore for charge orbs, but you can farm Towns 1.0 for paper, bugs, and flowers. Learn the desireable types and the times of day they come out (Gaia Towns run on a 10 real minutes = 1 hour Gaia time schedule, and different items are more prevalent in daytime, nighttime, or dawn/dusk). If you want charge orbs, you can now get them from the zOMG version of the Philosopher's Cache, so you can either sell your flowers/papers/bugs to buy those off the marketplace, or spend longer to make Alchemist Cases and sell those to fund the rest.

Prolific Alchemist

35,875 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Vinneh Lustat
A lot of the formula's require items that are in the millions and several of them at that.

First, craft the components formulas only after level 5. In addition, on each level be sure to craft 2 or 3 formulas from the previous level before you attempt a formula on your current level. I found that this made things a little easier. Note: On level 7 and beyond you will probably end up crafting formulas from the previous level until you get about halfway through the level.

Prolific Alchemist

35,875 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Lady Narcissa Blackstone
Vinneh Lustat

First, craft the components formulas only after level 5. In addition, on each level be sure to craft 2 or 3 formulas from the previous level before you attempt a formula on your current level. I found that this made things a little easier. Note: On level 7 and beyond you will probably end up crafting formulas from the previous level until you get about halfway through the level.

That's really the cheapest way to do it.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Vinneh Lustat
emotion_c8 I get itttt. I've been on for a long time but not consistently, so I missed out on the alchemy stuff when it came around. I just went on an FMA binge so I was like....hmmmmm, alchemy. emotion_dowant

Thanks for the information. :] I'll try it out.

There is a guide for cache only formulas, that should help you level up fairly quickly.
If you don't get into it you can sell the contents of the opened caches for a lot of gold. heart

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
Platonix

3) the challenge. (especially if they were getting bored with Gaia.)

5,525 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Signature Look 250
itts notto bad u cando it cheeep just hav to clik clik clcick clikc click click clciccik clicck on lottslsots lots 10000110000011000 chashs

High-functioning Werewolf

6,350 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
For some is.
I am like... totes not even gonna buy Gaia Cash in my life but I still wanna give my friends cool gifts so alchemy is the easy hard way. Like making something hard with your own methods and of course, selling alchemized stuff is also highly profitable.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Cimeara
Whoops, sorry! I'm a "Cimeara" not a "Chimera"! blaugh blaugh blaugh

Why is this so funny? lol I was not expecting this!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff