Were you here?

+1 1 100.0% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 15 ]

Girl-Crazy Fairy

10,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Give me like... the short story on the best way to start.

Which formulas should I buy, how should I get started, is it even worth it?

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Fluffy Citizen

24,575 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
you can start anywhere! if you're in towns, try a case formula!
if you're on zomg a lot, there are orb formulas you can do!
and if you just like openin caches, there are the component formulas!

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
"Worth it" depends on what you want to get out of it. Alchemy was designed to be a Gold Sink; it is possible to make a profit, but difficult enough that it's not the main reason people do it. The reasons most dedicated Alchemists get into it are for the challenge, the power to create items, or the Achievements and accompanying Achievement Titles.

If you want to try your hand at Alchemy, you absolutely must do some reading in the various user-written guides we have in this forum, because Alchemy will beat you up and take your lunch money if you dive into it without knowing what you're doing.

Start here: An Introduction to Alchemy

Then, this thread will be one of your most important resources: Ultimate Alchemy Formula Guide

And you'll want to see what other useful things you can learn from the threads listed in The Alchemy Guide and Information Database.
Try also this guide

For starters check your inventory, you might have trash/flowers/fish/zOMG loot that can be used for fast levelling to level 3. Check formulas for Alchemists Cases, Philosopher's Caches and Orb Aggregates from Bifrost - they use normally useless trash.

The guide that I linked should help you through higher levels, I didn't even lose lots of gold while getting where I am now, it includes only Philosopher's Cache based formulas which can be bought from Bifrost.

Should you decide on taking up Alchemy remember to check Dumpster Dive, there might be a Cache or two emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff