Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Master

13,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
I don't kno hao to alchemi.
Halp.

and don't bother sending links to outdated info threads.
I've been through them all and idk wtf is happening...

Demonic Master

13,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
freakin' A.

Dangerous Dabbler

What do you want to know?

The theory?
What to craft, and when?
How to profit?
Why some people like it?

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
I second Cimeara's comment. What would you like to know?

Demonic Master

13,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Cimeara

The theory?
What to craft, and when?
How to profit?
Why some people like it?

all of the above would be nice

Dangerous Dabbler

michie-chan777
Cimeara

The theory?
What to craft, and when?
How to profit?
Why some people like it?

Here, let me spoon feed you.... whoops, sorry, turns out I have better things to do rolleyes

i.e., it wouldn't just be "nice", it would be damned saintly and I'm not that kinda guy/gal

Pick one question. Ask it, and you'll get answers because people in this forum -are- nice. But don't just say "wwwwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhh I'm lost!" until you've picked a destination you'd like directions to.

Demonic Master

13,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Cimeara
michie-chan777
Cimeara

The theory?
What to craft, and when?
How to profit?
Why some people like it?

Here, let me spoon feed you.... whoops, sorry, turns out I have better things to do rolleyes

i.e., it wouldn't just be "nice", it would be damned saintly and I'm not that kinda guy/gal

Pick one question. Ask it, and you'll get answers because people in this forum -are- nice. But don't just say "wwwwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhh I'm lost!" until you've picked a destination you'd like directions to.

Okay. Then the one question I'd like to ask is.. are u on your damn period?

Dangerous Dabbler

michie-chan777
Cimeara
michie-chan777
Cimeara

The theory?
What to craft, and when?
How to profit?
Why some people like it?

Nope. Are "u" old enough to have one yet?

Demonic Master

13,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Cimeara
michie-chan777
Cimeara
michie-chan777
Cimeara

The theory?
What to craft, and when?
How to profit?
Why some people like it?

Nope. Are "u" old enough to have one yet?

Ouch. I'm real hurt.

WitchyKit's Fangirl

Insane Villain

62,025 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Gazing into the Abyss 500
  • Abomination 100
michie-chan777
Cimeara

The theory?
What to craft, and when?
How to profit?
Why some people like it?

Many of these tie together in answers, but if you are unwilling to read some of the guides there are there's some stuff you'll miss. So here's a Cliff's Notes version:

Theory- Using ingredients you can gather and gold to make something new, or some other item you may want more.

What to craft/when- You really should check Lei's Guide here. He lists out just about every single known formula (still has to add the newest 2 to come out). But he also stays pretty up to date on his recommendations. But even shorter summary, make stuff that's at the same level as your current alchemy level. If you're level 3 make level 3 formulas, as you can't craft 4 and above, level 1 stuff doesn't give you experience, and level 2 stuff only gives you half experience. As for ease of crafting, despite initial high crafting costs component formulas have the cheapest ingredients to gather.

How to profit- Shoot if I knew, most people say wings or dealing components, or using stockpiles you already have of items. MAN items- there are some only produced by alchemy

Why some people like it- Wings, achievements (there are 13 tied to alchemy- 10 for leveling up, 2 for wings, 1 for abomination), a challenge, MAN items. Something to do. Because it's fun.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
I am confused as to where the hell I'm supposed to find alchemy ingredients. I know about Philosopher's Caches, but as far as I know, that's the only source of alchemy ingredients.

michie-chan777

Don't be a misogynistic s**t.

Demonic Businessman

28,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Nitroglycerific Rainbow
I am confused as to where the hell I'm supposed to find alchemy ingredients. I know about Philosopher's Caches, but as far as I know, that's the only source of alchemy ingredients.

There are lots of places that components come from. You can get certain items from certain places, such as:

Daily Chance
Fish Drops
Enki's Catch
Enchanted Trunks, Gift Boxes, etc
Philosopher Caches
RIGS (mostly the old ones)
The Alchemy Fusion Cache Bundle thing from Go Fusion
GOfusion
The gold shops
zOMG
Fishing
Towns