Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vermillion Kitten

13,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Marathon 300
Getting to lvl. 10 is taking FOREVER. I'm currently stuck on level 9 because no one is selling the items I need for recipes ( I don't know if some of them are even available anymore since I never see them in the MP or on the forums for sale) or people are selling things for a ridiculously overpriced amount.

**sigh** Grarr, frustration.

Edited to update current alchemy level I am stuck on.

How long did it take all of you to reach level 10? How frustrating is it for you to wait and wait for items in the MP to be of decent price to purchase them for the items you want to craft?

Calculated Gekko

20,250 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Abomination 100
I do remember level 5 being a little tricky, but it wasn't terrible. All it really needs is some market research, math, and a bit of farming.

I made a Nartian Rock, 2x Classilke, 2x Bacon Capes, and a metric butt-ton of Moon/Sunstones, which also helped me through level 6. I didn't mind the extra material and crafting costs as long as I can use the product in another formula later on (for example, the Moon/Sunstones and Classilke). On that same train of thought, I also made 2x Meat Clubs and 2x Cupcake Confections at level 4 because I saw that I could use them in the Bacon Capes and Biancamellas respectively.

I don't know if you'll use the Moon/Sunstones later for backwings, and judging from your post, they're probably out of the question. Classilke is unlikely because the Purple Flies it needs got inflated along with the other bugs. Bacon Capes are also unlikely because there's only one very expensive Bacon Bits on the MP.

I did some quick 3 AM sleepy math for you, and it seems like your best course of action is to make 40 level 4 formulas. Meat Clubs use only Sapphire Cache components and gold shop items, so they're easy. Costs roughly 170k to make one, so 6.4 mil estimated total to get to level 5 making only Meat Clubs. If you don't mind spending a little more, you can make as many Nartian Rocks as you can and then fill the rest out with Meat Clubs. The most expensive part of the Nartian Rock is the Holy $#17, which costs about 2-3 mil. You can easily farm the Music Notes in zOMG, which by the way, is the same deal with the Kokeshi Dolls. They're inflated, but you can easily farm them. Mute the game, put on some good music or a TV show, and go to town on them.

Good luck.

TL;DR: make 40x Meat Clubs for the cheapest way to get to level 6.

P.S. I just scrolled down further in Lei's level 5 Formula List, and I remembered something. You can also make the Floating Angel/Devil Imp Potions. They require a little more legwork than the Meat Clubs and are a roundabout way of doing things because you need to craft some lower level potions first. But since you get 2x level 4 and 1 level 5 formula out of them, one Floating Angel/Devil Imp Potion will give you 24 exp. This means you'll need to make only 7 of them (rounded up from 6.67) to level up. Based on my old records where I made a potion for a buyer, it costs roughly 1.8 mil per potion. It'll cost you about 12.6 mil to level up through Floating Angel/Devil Imp potions. If you want to go with this option, I'm sure Checkmate and Pomy would love to get rid of the formulas in their [thread]. The rest of the ingredients come from caches or gold shops, so that won't be a problem.

EDIT: If you're considering making a Glacemella in the future, you can also make 10x Candy Mountains somewhere in that jumble. Costs about 480k to make one, and you'll need 10 of them for a Glacemella. So yeah...you have a lot of options.

Vermillion Kitten

13,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Marathon 300
Yami no Sakura
I do remember level 5 being a little tricky, but it wasn't terrible. All it really needs is some market research, math, and a bit of farming.

I made a Nartian Rock, 2x Classilke, 2x Bacon Capes, and a metric butt-ton of Moon/Sunstones, which also helped me through level 6. I didn't mind the extra material and crafting costs as long as I can use the product in another formula later on (for example, the Moon/Sunstones and Classilke). On that same train of thought, I also made 2x Meat Clubs and 2x Cupcake Confections at level 4 because I saw that I could use them in the Bacon Capes and Biancamellas respectively.

I don't know if you'll use the Moon/Sunstones later for backwings, and judging from your post, they're probably out of the question. Classilke is unlikely because the Purple Flies it needs got inflated along with the other bugs. Bacon Capes are also unlikely because there's only one very expensive Bacon Bits on the MP.

I did some quick 3 AM sleepy math for you, and it seems like your best course of action is to make 40 level 4 formulas. Meat Clubs use only Sapphire Cache components and gold shop items, so they're easy. Costs roughly 170k to make one, so 6.4 mil estimated total to get to level 5 making only Meat Clubs. If you don't mind spending a little more, you can make as many Nartian Rocks as you can and then fill the rest out with Meat Clubs. The most expensive part of the Nartian Rock is the Holy $#17, which costs about 2-3 mil. You can easily farm the Music Notes in zOMG, which by the way, is the same deal with the Kokeshi Dolls. They're inflated, but you can easily farm them. Mute the game, put on some good music or a TV show, and go to town on them.

Good luck.

TL;DR: make 40x Meat Clubs for the cheapest way to get to level 6.

P.S. I just scrolled down further in Lei's level 5 Formula List, and I remembered something. You can also make the Floating Angel/Devil Imp Potions. They require a little more legwork than the Meat Clubs and are a roundabout way of doing things because you need to craft some lower level potions first. But since you get 2x level 4 and 1 level 5 formula out of them, one Floating Angel/Devil Imp Potion will give you 24 exp. This means you'll need to make only 7 of them (rounded up from 6.67) to level up. Based on my old records where I made a potion for a buyer, it costs roughly 1.8 mil per potion. It'll cost you about 12.6 mil to level up through Floating Angel/Devil Imp potions. If you want to go with this option, I'm sure Checkmate and Pomy would love to get rid of the formulas in their [thread]. The rest of the ingredients come from caches or gold shops, so that won't be a problem.

EDIT: If you're considering making a Glacemella in the future, you can also make 10x Candy Mountains somewhere in that jumble. Costs about 480k to make one, and you'll need 10 of them for a Glacemella. So yeah...you have a lot of options.

Maybe that's my problem. I went for items I thought I would want to keep and some armor (something that was relatively easy to craft and completed the collection of alchemy armors up that point) instead of items I could just turn around and sell (because let's face it, you really aren't going to make a profit at this level).

I did make a Floating Imp Potion (simply because I wanted to know what one was and didn't see any on the MP). I may try for a Nartian Rock and just hold out on collecting the other items needed for the few remaining formulas I have in the level 5 category.

I might take up your advice on farming zOMG just so I don't have to pay ridiculous prices for kokeshi dolls. It's just been a really long time since I played the game.. and I'm pretty much at the end of that game, so it's knocking down the level a bit, I guess. I already have all the ingredients to make them, just lacking the recipes, mostly.

Whatever works, right? Thanks a bunch for doing 3AM sleepy math. smile

Calculated Gekko

20,250 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Abomination 100
CanesGalactica
While leveling up, I really just looked for three things: How easy it is to get the components, will I use the crafted item later, and can I afford it? I thought about doing the Lidless Armor formula, but it was just too much hassle to find the pieces. xP

The zOMG farming goes fast if you have high CL rings. You just need to lower them down until the monsters are yellow or green, and then AoE everything. I've never spammed Fire Rain and Dervish so much before. If you want, you can even invest in a Fortune's Favor ring to get more loot.

Good luck and you're welcome.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Yami no Sakura
CanesGalactica
While leveling up, I really just looked for three things: How easy it is to get the components, will I use the crafted item later, and can I afford it? I thought about doing the Lidless Armor formula, but it was just too much hassle to find the pieces. xP

The zOMG farming goes fast if you have high CL rings. You just need to lower them down until the monsters are yellow or green, and then AoE everything. I've never spammed Fire Rain and Dervish so much before. If you want, you can even invest in a Fortune's Favor ring to get more loot.

Wait up a sec, IS there a way to farm Kokeshi Dolls? I'm given to understand the Kokeshi Doll Recipe is a one-time grant from one of Kasumi's main plot quests. You can buy the recipes in the Marketplace and then farm the ingredients from enemy Kokeshi Dolls and Ghost Lanterns, but I don't think you can farm the actual Recipes yourself. If you check each of the zOMG! Daily Chance givers each day, one of them might give you a Kokeshi Doll, but that'd be an awfully slow way to get 50 of them for the Furugasa.

Salty Aggressor

Platonix
Yami no Sakura
CanesGalactica

Wait up a sec, IS there a way to farm Kokeshi Dolls? I'm given to understand the Kokeshi Doll Recipe is a one-time grant from one of Kasumi's main plot quests. You can buy the recipes in the Marketplace and then farm the ingredients from enemy Kokeshi Dolls and Ghost Lanterns, but I don't think you can farm the actual Recipes yourself. If you check each of the zOMG! Daily Chance givers each day, one of them might give you a Kokeshi Doll, but that'd be an awfully slow way to get 50 of them for the Furugasa.

The Doll recipe drop is a quest drop you're right. There is no way to farm the recipe. The dolls lurking in Zen Gardens themselves only drop Kokeshi Fan recipes.

Calculated Gekko

20,250 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Abomination 100
Platonix
Oh, I should've clarified. I buy the recipe off of the MP, but I farm the materials to make the Dolls. My bad. xP

Vermillion Kitten

13,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Marathon 300
Yami no Sakura
Platonix
Oh, I should've clarified. I buy the recipe off of the MP, but I farm the materials to make the Dolls. My bad. xP

Too bad no one has been selling the recipes for ages now.. which is my problem.

Godly Fairy

CanesGalactica

If you make components for backwings it'll be easy for you to level. I got from five to six by making moonstones and sunstones.

Vermillion Kitten

13,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Marathon 300
Korilassical
CanesGalactica

If you make components for backwings it'll be easy for you to level. I got from five to six by making moonstones and sunstones.

I worry mostly about the success rate. When I was making the components on a different level, I failed an awful lot (and it's a waste of money). I don't have unlimited funds for alchemy, so I have to be careful with the prices, ya' know?

Godly Fairy

CanesGalactica
Korilassical
CanesGalactica

I worry mostly about the success rate. When I was making the components on a different level, I failed an awful lot (and it's a waste of money). I don't have unlimited funds for alchemy, so I have to be careful with the prices, ya' know?

Ugh I understand that. S'the whole reason why I don't have the mid level wings yet. e.e

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
It says you're level 6 right now, what did you end up doing?

Calculated Gekko

20,250 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Abomination 100
CanesGalactica
Yami no Sakura
Platonix

That might have been my fault. >.>
I bought like 4 recipes just the other day 'cause I had the materials to make the Dolls, which I shipped to Platonix. sweatdrop

Vermillion Kitten

13,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Marathon 300
Yami no Sakura
CanesGalactica
Yami no Sakura
Platonix

That might have been my fault. >.>
I bought like 4 recipes just the other day 'cause I had the materials to make the Dolls, which I shipped to Platonix. sweatdrop

S'okay. smile I managed to gather up enough dolls/recipes to make Furagasa anyway.. now I'm stuck on lvl. 7 because most of the recipes are missing one component in the MP or are ridiculously priced (15m for one item??).

Calculated Gekko

20,250 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Abomination 100
CanesGalactica
S'okay. smile I managed to gather up enough dolls/recipes to make Furagasa anyway.. now I'm stuck on lvl. 7 because most of the recipes are missing one component in the MP or are ridiculously priced (15m for one item??).
Which recipe are you working on?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces