Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Dabbler

Just because I want to see how clueless I've been: when was it that the prices dropped in Bifrost?

I assume it's when they started throwing Philsopher's Caches into the Daily Chance?

Wild Animal

39,600 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
Er... maybe today. Caches have been in the DC for a while. They've just been awfully rare.

Dangerous Dabbler

Shiarka Jonless
Er... maybe today. Caches have been in the DC for a while. They've just been awfully rare.

Well, they're rare but people have gotten them I got two Caches in early January.

It's that I was sure I knew that Golden Magical Giftbox formulas cost 5,000 gold, and Philosopher's Cache formulas cost 50,000 gold... and today when I checked it out they're BOTH 5,000 gold.

Wild Animal

39,600 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Cimeara
Shiarka Jonless

Well, they're rare but people have gotten them I got two Caches in early January.

It's that I was sure I knew that Golden Magical Giftbox formulas cost 5,000 gold, and Philosopher's Cache formulas cost 50,000 gold... and today when I checked it out they're BOTH 5,000 gold.

I'm pretty sure they were, too, cause I'm pretty sure I bought one of each from there. So my thought is the change happened today.

Dangerous Dabbler

Shiarka Jonless
Cimeara
Shiarka Jonless

I'm pretty sure they were, too, cause I'm pretty sure I bought one of each from there. So my thought is the change happened today.

Wow, must have caught the reorg right at the time. ^_^

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Likely happened today. I'm assuming it's one of the small changes they said they'd make on the reorganizing alchemy sticky. Now I just wish the GGB:Cache and Case ratios will be changes to fit the actual price of the items. 5 is just too many, and the prices don't seem to want to budge.

Wild Animal

39,600 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
And the number components needed in the Case now equal that of the Golden GiftBox. eek Cache components dropped a little less.

Looks like we don't need to work as hard for these items which should mean a drop in overall component prices.

Seasonal Shopper

Yeah, I checked today and was like, when did the prices drop? eek It's good so many more components can be available

Tipsy Vampire

Shiarka Jonless
And the number components needed in the Case now equal that of the Golden GiftBox. eek Cache components dropped a little less.

Looks like we don't need to work as hard for these items which should mean a drop in overall component prices.

So I'm not the only one seeing the new Case requirements to be something like '200 of x' as opposed to '1000 of x'?

Phew. For a moment I thought I had gone crazy from spending too much time in Towns collecting crap and was hallucinating or something.

Yaaaay, Cases no longer take weeks for me to collect the necessary items! heart

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Philosopher's Caches now require only 50 of Towns items, which is ludicrous as the GGB recipe still calls for 100. The GGB should not be more difficult to make than the Cache.

Dangerous Dabbler

Platonix
Philosopher's Caches now require only 50 of Towns items, which is ludicrous as the GGB recipe still calls for 100. The GGB should not be more difficult to make than the Cache.

Mmm, yes, I think they overshot the mark on that. rolleyes

And have you noticed how the prices on the fish and zOMG items in the Marketplace? All the cheap ones have disappeared as people try to fill in the slots on those new Case and Cache formulas they've bought. So alchemy components should go down as those get opened, but the minor stuff may shoot up.

The Frostinator's Husband

Man-Hungry Abomination

12,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
Cimeara
Platonix

Mmm, yes, I think they overshot the mark on that. rolleyes

And have you noticed how the prices on the fish and zOMG items in the Marketplace? All the cheap ones have disappeared as people try to fill in the slots on those new Case and Cache formulas they've bought. So alchemy components should go down as those get opened, but the minor stuff may shoot up.

People must be getting a feel for opening them. The case prices shot up. Just sold one for almost 300k and it took me hardly any gold to craft it. XD

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Oh! I just checked my alchemist case formula and it appears the amount of papers and flowers needed dropped to 200 each while it was 1000 one or two days ago smile The amount of golden boxes needed is still 10 at the moment however. Now... I wonder if I should wait until they tells us they are done with the changes sweatdrop
Botan of Spirit World
Yeah, I checked today and was like, when did the prices drop? eek It's good so many more components can be available

Hehe darn right they can! I'm so happy, my hair went down in prince but i don't give a fudge! emotion_kirakira

Nice dress btw~ emotion_awesome

The Frostinator's Husband

Man-Hungry Abomination

12,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
Looking at how all the cases got bought up right after the recent talk of making alchemy cheaper for everyone makes me feel like someone/some group out there is purposely inflating them to keep things expensive lol.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces