Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm very new to trying out this alchemy stuff on gaia. I thought it sounded really fun and interesting until i realized...

Making the items will cost far more than the item you end up with...Meaning you could have just bought that item off the marketplace for cheaper...

So I figured there must be a reason people are doing it.

So what, exactly, do you as a gaian alchemist find beneficial for doing this?

Is there something I'm missing? I'm assuming so because there has to be another way to obtain these items than to buy them off the marketplace?

Wealthy Businessman

18,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle Hardened 150

I did it since I was bored, others do it for fun or for the alchemy only items such as the NPC companions and backwings xd

Champion

Nymphella
I'm very new to trying out this alchemy stuff on gaia. I thought it sounded really fun and interesting until i realized...

Making the items will cost far more than the item you end up with...Meaning you could have just bought that item off the marketplace for cheaper...

Is there something I'm missing? I'm assuming so because there has to be another way to obtain these items than to buy them off the marketplace?
There are items that can only be made through Alchemy.

Dangerous Dabbler

For me, it was/is the incentive of levels & the achievements, the challenge of finding workable formulas and available components and the gold to put them together, and the fun of making something myself. And I've had the privilege of crafting a few items that got the "first time ever in Marketplace" notice, where it may never have existed on Gaia before I made it. Which feels kinda awesome. ^_^
I'd think that if you crafted the cheaper items, you could make a profit off them.

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Nymphella

it can be very expensive if you buy all or most of the compnents from the mp. it is way cheaper if you collect and/or make components and/or trade in the exchange. plus alchemy has exclusive items and not only that you can make items that are rare on later lvs like princess manner or fafnir. You get components by making philosopher's caches the are made from trash around gaia and the formula is sold at bifrost. there is also some items found in daily chance and enki's catch and pink giftboxes from booty grab[ enki drops the catches and grunny subs drop gift boxes. Also the formulas can be found in alchemist's case and some in golden gift boxes both can also be made from trash and the formulas are at bifrost.

Devoted Loiterer

Benefit: Gaia-wide wanking and bragging rights, when you're 1 out of the 5 who has an item from alchemy no one else has

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Nymphella

You can't buy many of the items from alchemy on the MP.. Why? Because they cost way more to make than people are generally willing to pay for them. sweatdrop

Therefore, not many people make them, unless they really WANT the item (enough to pay the cost of making it for themselves), so it doesn't hit the MP (because they keep it).

At least that's my take on it. o3o
I wanna know how to start it sounds exicting to do

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas