Total Votes:[ 71 ]
1 2 3 >

Amateur Angel

17,950 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
2-14-13
I've CRAFTED THEM!
Thank you to everyone who donated, bumped, gave support, tipped, ALL OF YOU.
I LOVE YOU ALL.

So, I'm literally on the last steps of being able to craft these things.
I need 10 Slothbeetle Carapaces, Gloriana's Chantilly Lace by Dernier*Cri and the crafting costs. for the last level only now.

I can almost taste them!!!!

Considering how far I've come, thats next to nothing. But here's the issue. I'm pretty much completely out of funds. All of my letters are long gone, most of my major items that weren't gifts, hell, I've been buying ocean summer tops in the vend and selling them back to the store for 3 gold at a time to make money.
But I'm stuck.

I'm fairly decent at vending, I can usually make at least 100k a day, even with very little gold to work with. But with cache costs, and a 'low' chance craft that costs 1m an attempt that I have to do 4 times.... that 100k a day isn't gonna get me there very fast.

But then I look back at all I've done so far, and it just seems like such a waste to give up now. But again on the other hand, My inventory is bare. Are the wings really worth it to me?
And what about all the people that have helped me along the way? Several of my friends have already loaned me gold, a perfect stranger gave me 2 million...

I'm really at a loss here. What would you guys do? Give up and try to sell off all the parts, and return the donations? Keep chugging along?
Give me your opinions, fellow alchemists.

And no, this is NOT a plug for donations.

Sparkly Noob

10,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Chogori
I need 49 Slothbeetle Carapaces, 1 crushed gemstone, and 13 monotonites,(I do have 8 unopened gold caches though) 7 adamantium, 1 diamond cache, Cottontail Silk Rose by Dernier*Cri, Gloriana's Chantilly Lace by Dernier*Cri and the crafting costs.

Considering how far I've come, thats next to nothing. But here's the issue. I'm pretty much completely out of funds. All of my letters are long gone, most of my major items that weren't gifts, hell, I've been buying ocean summer tops in the vend and selling them back to the store for 3 gold at a time to make money.
But I'm stuck.

I'm fairly decent at vending, I can usually make at least 100k a day, even with very little gold to work with. But with cache costs, and a 'low' chance craft that costs 1m an attempt that I have to do 4 times.... that 100k a day isn't gonna get me there very fast.

But then I look back at all I've done so far, and it just seems like such a waste to give up now. But again on the other hand, My inventory is bare. Are the wings really worth it to me?
And what about all the people that have helped me along the way? Several of my friends have already loaned me gold, a perfect stranger gave me 2 million...

I'm really at a loss here. What would you guys do? Give up and try to sell off all the parts, and return the donations? Keep chugging along?

I've got a couple commissions I plan to finish this weekend, I'll help you out? rofl

Pokekaiju Catcher

38,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pokekaiju Catcher 500
As a fellow Alchemist AND a fellow Celestial Quest fan, I'd stick to making it to the end.
I mean, how many Gaians out there can call themselves a full-fledged Backwings owner? Not many. 3nodding
How many Gaians can have the title of "Winged Angel" or something like that? Not many. 3nodding
You've gotten this far, so why back out now? Sure, gold caches aren't the friendiest cache (just went through a wild cache hunt to finish Dark matter myself), but you'll get there. 3nodding
I'll be rooting for you All the way. ^^

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
maybe set the quest aside and not think about it until you're able to build your gold back.

you're ~60+ mil (definitely more than 60 mil) away from the wings, with how much gold caches costs right now. that's a lot of gold.

tbh if it were me i wouldn't have tried going for the final form wings. i just don't have that kind of gold i'd be willing to part with to get them. to me i'd rather have a ton of little things than 1 big thing, but that's my preference. and because gaia is always tweaking things, the quest might change in level of difficulty too. i myself only started really going through alchemy after they made those cache changes, which made it easier to level up.

other people prefer the big things even at the expense of wiping themselves clean. if the wings are still your no1 most desired item, go after them. but maybe take a break?

gaia said they'll be making some future changes to alchemy in the coming year and no one knows how that'll impact how easy(or harder) it'll make the wings quest. although IMO the trend should be to make it easier, because making it harder will piss people off. OR any changes might not have any impact at all - in which case you'll still be where ever you left off, if you take a break.

Virtuous Pumpkin

8,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Jack-pot 100
I would stick with it for now. Even if you sold all the quest stuff, you wouldn't get even half of the amount back. Also, if you're looking for gold, I'd play Heralds of Chaos since you can exchange one essence (the rewards from the games) for 10 gold. It's pretty easy to make a ton of money off of it. But either way, good luck! 3nodding

Friend

Chogori
I need 49 Slothbeetle Carapaces, 1 crushed gemstone, and 13 monotonites,(I do have 8 unopened gold caches though) 7 adamantium, 1 diamond cache, Cottontail Silk Rose by Dernier*Cri, Gloriana's Chantilly Lace by Dernier*Cri and the crafting costs.

But I'm stuck.

If you don't finish i will cry. Good luck!

Amateur Angel

17,950 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advice <3

Adorable Duck

why didn't you ask?

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Chogori

It depends on what quest you're on, if you're anywhere below Termine then you arent going to be finishing them any time soon.

You can sell your current pair of wings for 300 Mil (In theory), but if you do then you will not be able to complete the final quest.

It all really depends upon your choice. Which will you get more pleasure from? The Wings? Or all of your old stuff?

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Chogori

How about not aiming to finish making them yesterday. Accept that it will take 40 days to come up with enough gold for one of the last 4 levels. That way, anything less will make you feel like you're done ahead of time.
It's all about perspective.

Dangerous Dabbler

Chogori
Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advice <3

Remember there's no one out there who'd forcing you to any deadline for making the large wings. Do what you can, when you can, and you'll get there. Good luck!

Greedy Consumer

you can make up to 150k in booty grab per day
that is where i get my extra funds
however, it's very difficult to make that much in one day, unless you do it from morning til night
so
depending on how much time you have in a day to spend on gaia, you should aim for 50k(min) - 100k(average) with the acceptional 150k on days that you have nothing else to do.
if you make it your goal to get 100k per day(depending on how busy you are), you can make about 3mil a month.
if you don't have that much time, it's pretty easy to make 50k-75k a day, so you could make 1.5 mil or so per month
you will have to be patient, of course, HOWEVER, it will be worth it in the end!!! The process is just as enjoyable as the end result, no ? Besides, you'll definitely appreciate your wings more if it takes time and patience to craft them.

P.s. You are very lucky to have this opportunity to craft these wings. Even if it takes a year, it will be worth it. 4laugh

Divine Alchemist

26,175 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Chogori

I know how you feel. It seems I'm years away from crafting Michael's wings, but I'm determined to complete the quest. I hope you are able to complete your quest. I have to take breaks, build up my gold and then keep on crafting and inching along. Good luck!

Winged Kitten

24,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Chogori

Stick with it!! Don't give up.
Definitelly take a break from gaia, like go away for a couple of weeks, to play other online games or something, and i promise you'll feel better when you come back, renewed to continue!

Man-Hungry Scrooge

I'd try to craft some bags on my own to give it a push.
The ones you don't need you can just sell off.

If you get into a good routine in towns, it's possible to craft 8-10 bags in a day.
( If you can log on once every hour-ish, to catch each dusk and dawn.)
Do the paper route, and sell flowers to buy the fish and shizzle.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff