Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Zzyli
Erynnis_Tristis

I thought it might fit in the part about 'where do components come from'. You're probably right, it won't stop all the misplaced threads.

Then all we need is to convince people that there is no 'easy, cheap and/or profitable way' to level up in alchemy. lol

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

The real money in Alchemy is in supplying. I'm levelling because it's interesting. It's full of spreadsheets & stuff like that which makes me want to get up in the morning. Even as a Level 10, you're still not really making serious amounts of gold. Zeek did it right by making that Case store & using that to fund his wings (though that's a popcorn worthy situation right now).

I don't want to discourage people too much though. I'm not sure if that's me being kind or cruel blaugh .

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Yes, I've also come to the conclusion that you can make gold from alchemy as long as you don't 'do' alchemy yourself. Selling caches and cases is hugely profitable.

But I think many people come here with the expectation that there's some kind of pot of gold at the end of the alchemy rainbow, and the path is strewn with diamonds and gold. But that's not the reality at all as far as I can see, and even the rarest alchemy items are hard to sell for more than you put in in components, items and crafting costs. With the exception maybe of large backwings, but then most people would be flat out crafting a pair of those, I can't imagine who'd go to all that trouble just to sell them. sweatdrop

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Erynnis_Tristis

Yes, I've also come to the conclusion that you can make gold from alchemy as long as you don't 'do' alchemy yourself. Selling caches and cases is hugely profitable.

But I think many people come here with the expectation that there's some kind of pot of gold at the end of the alchemy rainbow, and the path is strewn with diamonds and gold. But that's not the reality at all as far as I can see, and even the rarest alchemy items are hard to sell for more than you put in in components, items and crafting costs. With the exception maybe of large backwings, but then most people would be flat out crafting a pair of those, I can't imagine who'd go to all that trouble just to sell them. sweatdrop

*Wins prize for world's most delayed response*

I'm not sure where people get the impression that you're going to make gold from Alchemy by doing Alchemy, because you're not. You get nice items that are hard to obtain via other means *points to quest thread* and you get an interesting challenge.

As a matter of fact, speaking to some of the wings owners, even large wings don't sell for a profit, as the only people to appreciate them are the Alchemists, who'd much rather just make them by themselves. Buggy said the only reason he came out with a profit on his wings was owing to large amounts of user donations along the way. Wow.. this is starting to sound really depressing.

Friendly Harvester

11,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
What I have to do to up the level 3 .... :S

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Escroto Macbolas de mocos

You level up simply by making formulae on your current level or the level directly below it. These days most of the formulae for the lower levels are readily obtainable in the Bifrost (special Alchemy gold shop). This thread has a list of all the formulae for each level and also suggestions on which ones are cheap and easy for your level. It's been set up so that the relevant Alchemy level is on the corresponding page, so you'd just need to hop to page 3 to find out about level 3.

Friendly Harvester

11,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Zzyli
Escroto Macbolas de mocos

You level up simply by making formulae on your current level or the level directly below it. These days most of the formulae for the lower levels are readily obtainable in the Bifrost (special Alchemy gold shop). This thread has a list of all the formulae for each level and also suggestions on which ones are cheap and easy for your level. It's been set up so that the relevant Alchemy level is on the corresponding page, so you'd just need to hop to page 3 to find out about level 3.

thanks pal!

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100

I have a banner now, for all your linking needs- well, except for more signature real estate (my personal problem). Feedback is welcome- if people would like a button sized link, I can probably sort out one of those as well.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
By the pricking of my thumbs...

...Something Svishy this way comes.

Magnetic Phantom

Back to the front page!

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Anjoulie
Back to the front page!

Thanks! My net was down for the last day & a half. This incident has reinforced in my mind my severe internet dependency.

But I am back now, bracing myself for more questions about Alchemy which could be answered merely by reading the first page of one of the many guide threads on the first page. biggrin

Magnetic Phantom

Zzyli
Thanks! My net was down for the last day & a half. This incident has reinforced in my mind my severe internet dependency.

But I am back now, bracing myself for more questions about Alchemy which could be answered merely by reading the first page of one of the many guide threads on the first page. biggrin

You're welcome. Awh. Actually, when my net goes down, I'm getting weirdly productive on all of those half-important tasks that don't require net access. *cough* housework *cough* blaugh

The sad thing is that people keep making threads about these questions anyway. sad

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Zzyli
They used to be found in Gaia's various different rare events (Gold Giftboxes, Pink Giftboxes etc.), but are now only found in the Alchemist's Case, Enki's Catch, Enki's Drop, or the Bifrost. Please don't waste your time opening other boxes in the hope of finding formulae.

Sorry to bug you, but do you know if this is still the case?

If they were available in PGB's at one point, and no longer are, I'm gonna kick myself for not having opened the 120 some odd PGB's I've been sitting on for ages now. xp

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
WideEyed

If they were available in PGB's at one point, and no longer are, I'm gonna kick myself for not having opened the 120 some odd PGB's I've been sitting on for ages now. xp

Yeah- there was a Dev notice a little while ago saying they've pulled formula out of the PGBs etc. I'd just sell your hoard now to be honest, unless you really like jailer's keys or something. They go for about 2k each if you don't flood the place with a whole lot at once. sweatdrop

Dapper Dabbler

I'm just going to go ahead and post here so that I can find this again.

Magnetic Phantom

WideEyed
Zzyli
They used to be found in Gaia's various different rare events (Gold Giftboxes, Pink Giftboxes etc.), but are now only found in the Alchemist's Case, Enki's Catch, Enki's Drop, or the Bifrost. Please don't waste your time opening other boxes in the hope of finding formulae.

Don't beat yourself up about this. I opened about 70 PGBs and a few other boxes before the change was made and didn't get a single useful formula. ^^
And those that are now still in the case were case-exclusive even then. So it's not like you missed out on a chance to get anything really expensive, no worries. :3

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Zzyli
WideEyed

Yeah- there was a Dev notice a little while ago saying they've pulled formula out of the PGBs etc. I'd just sell your hoard now to be honest, unless you really like jailer's keys or something. They go for about 2k each if you don't flood the place with a whole lot at once. sweatdrop

Oh well, what can you do?
Just sort of an observation on the removal of Formulae from PGB's..how does removing them from rare drops like PGB's, Fat Cats, etc. make it easier on us?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff