Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
This guide is very helpful...

Too bad lvl 9 is a biatch to get through...
emotion_bigvein

Abomination

25,500 Points
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
gaia_nitemareleft emotion_bigheart gaia_nitemareright

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
Does anyone else have the theory that once you get to the last two formulas to level up your percent chances are lowered dramatically?
I just need one more success and I will be level 10.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
slapthefatcat2
Does anyone else have the theory that once you get to the last two formulas to level up your percent chances are lowered dramatically?

Insofar as I can tell, the odds of success are equal no matter where you are in a particular level. (I also run the (sadly neglected) crafting odds thread). It just often seems frustrating when you're really close to a particular goal but can't get there. If you, or anyone else were able to collect specific data showing some kind of correlation, I'd be more than happy to revise my theory though.

A minor blessing of the inflation though is that crafting costs are relatively trivial, even on the most expensive attempts.

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
Zzyli
slapthefatcat2

Insofar as I can tell, the odds of success are equal no matter where you are in a particular level. (I also run the (sadly neglected) crafting odds thread). It just often seems frustrating when you're really close to a particular goal but can't get there. If you, or anyone else were able to collect specific data showing some kind of correlation, I'd be more than happy to revise my theory though.

A minor blessing of the inflation though is that crafting costs are relatively trivial, even on the most expensive attempts.
I could TRY on my mule, since that still needs some leveling. I'm already at level 10 here. Why is it that the Crown of Thrice Great is cheaper than the formula? It does not make sense. I am just going to sell my formula rather than go craft it.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
slapthefatcat2
I could TRY on my mule, since that still needs some leveling. I'm already at level 10 here. Why is it that the Crown of Thrice Great is cheaper than the formula? It does not make sense. I am just going to sell my formula rather than go craft it.

There's lots of stuff in Alchemy which is more expensive to craft than to purchase outright. It's all weird supply and demand stuff. With Level 10 being relatively easy to reach these days, I guess the number of crafted crowns has finally exceeded demand for the crowns. I definitely agree with selling your formula. You could even maybe buy a crafted crown with the proceeds if you want one. rofl

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

Tipsy Trader

23,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Super Tipsy 200
Yes I have a question. I was crafting trying to level up and I got this. Your concoction was a smashing success. It also gave me a rare item? I was trying to figure out how to show you the pic for it but I suck at this sorta thing. It won't show an option to copy the URL for the pic.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Vampyro_Undead_Sovereign
Yes I have a question. I was crafting trying to level up and I got this. Your concoction was a smashing success. It also gave me a rare item? I was trying to figure out how to show you the pic for it but I suck at this sorta thing. It won't show an option to copy the URL for the pic.

Yeah, that can happen, though it's very rare. Here's a thread about it: The Bonus Item Phenomenon

Tipsy Trader

23,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Super Tipsy 200
Platonix
Vampyro_Undead_Sovereign

Yeah, that can happen, though it's very rare. Here's a thread about it: The Bonus Item Phenomenon

Thank you very much

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Bump. Because bump.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
These days I pretty much just bump the Alchemy Guide Anthology, since it has links to everything else I'd bump...but since we're probably going to get a new influx of people wanting to learn about Alchemy, maybe I should bump this separately a time or two as well.

47,100 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Anyone else notice a vast majority of the crafting formulas are in fact not craft able?
I am only able to level up by crafting components because a vast majority of items used to craft the items in the formulas just are not available. They really need to fix this and add formulas that new users and those returning to Gia can actually craft.

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Renji7
Anyone else notice a vast majority of the crafting formulas are in fact not craft able?
I am only able to level up by crafting components because a vast majority of items used to craft the items in the formulas just are not available. They really need to fix this and add formulas that new users and those returning to Gia can actually craft.

This is something that's been a concern for a long time, perhaps starting when alchemy first came out. Users quickly noticed that items from popular formulas were disappearing rapidly, and it's thought that some items have become "extinct" as a result of few people wanting them and everyone trying to level up alchemy. Some have been re-released in RIGs, although especially with backwing formula components, they're still incredibly scarce.

It is a good idea (and really, always has been) to craft formulas with renewable components when just leveling up alchemy. I still have 6 Meat Clubs, thanks to them being easy to craft with just store items/Sapphire caches involved. I had some 30 Tsunami KO Citrus Shirts for much the same reason, although I've managed to sell those off over time. These days, crafting cache-only components is popular, which generally means creating components for other alchemy formulas.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff