Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

And out of the darkness and into the light! The thread should be fine to post in now. Come and chat & ask questions, or find hideous spelling, grammar and sentence structure issues which I am sure currently exist on the front page.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Zzyli
I welcome constructive criticism, and proof reading. Lots of proof reading.
As you wish.
Zzyli
FAQ

User Image

Q. Do I really have to buy pancakes one at a time? I need a whole heap.
As it currently stands, basically yes. There are different options being considered, and you can also visit Sisky's House of Pancakes to get pancakes 12 at a time via trades. But apparently buying hundreds of pancakes 3 clicks at a time is one of the joys of Alchemy.
This is wrong; you're incorrectly reporting how Sisky's House of Pancakes works. Because she's a member of Gaia Staff, Sisky can hook you up with as many as 500 Pancakes in a single transaction. Read the thread for more details.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Platonix
Zzyli
As you wish.
Zzyli
FAQ

User Image

Q. Do I really have to buy pancakes one at a time? I need a whole heap.
As it currently stands, basically yes. There are different options being considered, and you can also visit Sisky's House of Pancakes to get pancakes 12 at a time via trades. But apparently buying hundreds of pancakes 3 clicks at a time is one of the joys of Alchemy.
This is wrong; you're incorrectly reporting how Sisky's House of Pancakes works. Because she's a member of Gaia Staff, Sisky can hook you up with as many as 500 Pancakes in a single transaction. Read the thread for more details.

Cheers- I'll fix this promptly. The last time I looked at this thread, it was in it's infancy sweatdrop

Edit: fixed it. And thanks muchly.

Dedicated Loiterer

9,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Zzyli

Hi Zzyli - Great work on this thread! emotion_awesome You've obviously put a lot of effort into this.

Just on 1st glance however, I noticed a statement that isn't correct, perhaps you could update it?

"Getting Formulae
Formulae also come from a few places. They used to be found in Gaia's various different rare events (Gold Giftboxes, Pink Giftboxes etc.), but are now only found in the Alchemist's Case or the Bifrost. Please don't waste your time opening other boxes in the hope of finding formulae"

Formulae are still dropped through Enki's catch - Gold & Silver Bullet Helm, Giant Rainbow Lollipop, Long Tusks & White Lizardman. They're also in Enki's drop - Antlers of Cernunnos, Octopus Trident, Master's Pendant & Paladin of Pestilence's Chestplate.

Hope that helps biggrin

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Zzyli
ALCHEMY BASICS

User Image
blahblahblahblahblah
blahblahblahblahblah
blahblahblahblahblah
blahblahblahblahblah

You'll see an adorable gif of Crescento & Nicolae and and then, all being well, you'll have your new item. Crafting will use up the gold amount specified, and also the components for the formula.

For the sake of clarity, I recommend you state that the crafting also consumes the formula itself, meaning you must have multiple copies of the formula if you wish to craft the same item multiple times.

[added later] And I just now noticed the double "and" in that quote. Highlighted for your convenience.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Dirvine1
Zzyli

Hi Zzyli - Great work on this thread! emotion_awesome You've obviously put a lot of effort into this.

Just on 1st glance however, I noticed a statement that isn't correct, perhaps you could update it?

"Getting Formulae
Formulae also come from a few places. They used to be found in Gaia's various different rare events (Gold Giftboxes, Pink Giftboxes etc.), but are now only found in the Alchemist's Case or the Bifrost. Please don't waste your time opening other boxes in the hope of finding formulae"

Formulae are still dropped through Enki's catch - Gold & Silver Bullet Helm, Giant Rainbow Lollipop, Long Tusks & White Lizardman. They're also in Enki's drop - Antlers of Cernunnos, Octopus Trident, Master's Pendant & Paladin of Pestilence's Chestplate.

Hope that helps biggrin

And derp yes, this is true. I shall amend this.

Platonix

Thanks- this is a good point. Please don't feel bad for finding all this stuff. I am my own worst proof-reader, and I want this to be as accurate & clear as possible.

Magnetic Phantom

Yay, another guide to link people to!

emotion_bigheart ed

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Anjoulie
Yay, another guide to link people to!

emotion_bigheart ed

Thanks!

It just surprised me that there was nothing actually available that served a similar purpose. It's not like the people who post repeat threads bother to do much research, but hopefully we can send them all here to find out some things.

Magnetic Phantom

Zzyli

Thanks!

It just surprised me that there was nothing actually available that served a similar purpose. It's not like the people who post repeat threads bother to do much research, but hopefully we can send them all here to find out some things.

I usually link people to the FAQ thread, to this thread, Vampyrn's Guide, Lei's Formula Thread, Milky's Component thread, and the component sources one (though that's somewhat outdated now).

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Anjoulie

I usually link people to the FAQ thread, to this thread, Vampyrn's Guide, Lei's Formula Thread, Milky's Component thread, and the component sources one (though that's somewhat outdated now).

There's certainly some good resources out there, though it's like my other (and first) forum home, the Z!F (ZOMG forums), owing to people moving on and changes to Gaia's systems, sometimes the stuff is out of date sweatdrop

But yeah, I hope I didn't double up too much on stuff. There's some great things about formulae and caches & probabilities and all kind of number-crunchy stuff. I love the way that Gaians get in there & contribute to the userbase by making guides. 3nodding

Magnetic Phantom

Zzyli

There's certainly some good resources out there, though it's like my other (and first) forum home, the Z!F (ZOMG forums), owing to people moving on and changes to Gaia's systems, sometimes the stuff is out of date sweatdrop

But yeah, I hope I didn't double up too much on stuff. There's some great things about formulae and caches & probabilities and all kind of number-crunchy stuff. I love the way that Gaians get in there & contribute to the userbase by making guides. 3nodding

Yeah, that happens. sad

Noooo, your thread is fine just the way it is! D:
I like that too, which is why I think that people should read them instead of expecting to be spoon-fed. :3

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Anjoulie

Yeah, that happens. sad

Noooo, your thread is fine just the way it is! D:
I like that too, which is why I think that people should read them instead of expecting to be spoon-fed. :3

Oh gosh yes. I would say that about 4/5 times, what I want to know can be answered by use of some pertinent keywords in Gaia search or checking a forum's stickies. I don't mind answering questions, but I do think it's silly having to answer the same ones over and over again.

Magnetic Phantom

Zzyli

Oh gosh yes. I would say that about 4/5 times, what I want to know can be answered by use of some pertinent keywords in Gaia search or checking a forum's stickies. I don't mind answering questions, but I do think it's silly having to answer the same ones over and over again.

Totally. Especially when the answer can be found in at least in one thread (or more) on the first page of the forum.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Anjoulie

Totally. Especially when the answer can be found in at least in one thread (or more) on the first page of the forum.

"How much do Backwings cost?"
"Where can I get toggles?"
"What's the best way to get from Level 3 to 4?"

emotion_facepalm

Next thing you know, they'll be asking why they can't sell their rings in the MP. Despite rings being soulbound since December 2008, this question occurs with alarming regularity.

Magnetic Phantom

Zzyli

Or simply "How does Alchemy work?" = 'I didn't even bother trying to get a clue myself by just looking at threads in the forum first.'

I agree about the ring question, sadly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces