Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Explorer

6,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100
Thank you so much! cat_3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dangerous Fairy

20,800 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Party Animal 100
This is really quite helpful
I was a little leery on alchemy before, but after reading this, I'm super excited to do it! It seems super fun!
Thanks! mrgreen

Rainbow Angel

23,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
sweetheartpucca
I was a little leery on alchemy before, but after reading this, I'm super excited to do it! It seems super fun!
Thanks! mrgreen

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

You're welcome- I find it pretty fun too! Best of luck in your Alchemy endeavours.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Deadly Pants

17,350 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I have a question, do I get experience if I make the same formula in my level twice?

Rainbow Angel

23,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Deusa da Vitoria
I have a question, do I get experience if I make the same formula in my level twice?

You can! You can make the same formula as many times as you like, and as long as you're the level of the formula or one level up, you'll get XP for crafting it.

Deadly Pants

17,350 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Zzyli
Deusa da Vitoria

You can! You can make the same formula as many times as you like, and as long as you're the level of the formula or one level up, you'll get XP for crafting it.

Thank you. biggrin

Deadly Pants

17,350 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I just went to craft a formula and it failed. I crafted it again and it worked. My experience went from 4 to 6. Is that a glitch or did the fail count towards experience as well?

Learned Informer

19,000 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Deusa da Vitoria
I just went to craft a formula and it failed. I crafted it again and it worked. My experience went from 4 to 6. Is that a glitch or did the fail count towards experience as well?
Crafting a level-2 formula is worth 2 XP to a level-2 alchemist.

At any given alchemist level n, crafting a level-n formula gives you 2^(n-1) XP, and crafting a level-n-1 formula gives you ¼ that many. (Since you're level 2, that works out to ½ XP for a level-1 formula; it rounds up to 1 for each formula. Once you reach level 3 you'll never need rounding again.)

Deadly Pants

17,350 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Platonix
Deusa da Vitoria

At any given alchemist level n, crafting a level-n formula gives you 2^(n-1) XP, and crafting a level-n-1 formula gives you ¼ that many. (Since you're level 2, that works out to ½ XP for a level-1 formula; it rounds up to 1 for each formula. Once you reach level 3 you'll never need rounding again.)
I know all of that... and that doesn't answer my question... sweatdrop

Learned Informer

19,000 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Deusa da Vitoria
Platonix
Deusa da Vitoria

It answers your question just fine if the formula you crafted was a level-2 formula. You didn't specify the level of the formula you crafted.

In any case, the objective answer to the question "do fails count toward XP" is definitely no.

Deadly Pants

17,350 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Platonix
Deusa da Vitoria
Platonix
Deusa da Vitoria

It answers your question just fine if the formula you crafted was a level-2 formula. You didn't specify the level of the formula you crafted.

In any case, the objective answer to the question "do fails count toward XP" is definitely no.
Okay, then I guess it's a glitch that I got 2 more XP, thank you.

Rainbow Angel

23,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Legal Bump

Formal Bookworm

15,000 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Bookworm 100
This is really, really helpful. Thank you for the time you've put in to this!

6,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I just went to alchemy and bought a Formula 1: Angel Imp Potion A for 100 gold This is my first time. HAve no idea what I'm doing.
I'm broke and that was in my budget but now it says that it cost 2,500 to craft. But it says
I need three angel imp potions and two cherbub feathers which both cost wayyy more than 2,500.
What do I do?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games