Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,225 Points
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
I have been reading threads about how cruddy alchemy is and how overly priced and irrationally hard to obtain the back wings are. But I actually enjoy Alchemy, faults and all. I love looking through forums and the market place looking for good deals on components and formulas. I love heading into zomg and woking hard to obtain a substantial amount of zomg loot for caches. I like the hard work, I feel gaia needed something to truly push me; everything is just so simple on here.

I will continue to use alchemy and wear my crafted items with pride and joy, I love my overly priced items I work hard to obtain.

Beloved Lunatic

14,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
No, you aren't alone.
I only really come here to look up formula lists and have been enjoying my slow approach to alchemy.
I get stuff when I get it and enjoy crafting something from time to time.
It's the people who want to be lvl 10 "NOW" that seem to be doing a lot of the complaining.

Heart Mage

25,075 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
you arent alone ^^ i love crafting caches and opening them
from what i´ve seen in the forums, it´s the people who want everything just handed to them that´s doing all the complaining.
(it´s even more obvious if there are still complaints now since gaia just made the cache change.)

i personally really liked the interaction between users; people helping each other out with components and looking out for other users, etc.

9,225 Points
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
chocolate drizzles
from what i´ve seen in the forums, it´s the people who want everything just handed to them that´s doing all the complaining.
(it´s even more obvious if there are still complaints now since gaia just made the cache change.)

i personally really liked the interaction between users; people helping each other out with components and looking out for other users, etc.
Ive noticed alot of unity between alchemists as well, we feel each outhers drive to accomplish something that is deemed too hard LOL

Obsessive milonguera

No, it is a nice new thing and something to do on here.
I think it could do with a somewhat easier to find formulas, or a bigger variety, but the caches were a great improvement already.

However, I can understand users who aren't impressed with the system.

It is a bit like questing for rare fish masks before Gaia made it easy. xd

9,225 Points
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
A.D.1492
No, it is a nice new thing and something to do on here.
I think it could do with a somewhat easier to find formulas, or a bigger variety, but the caches were a great improvement already.

However, I can understand users who aren't impressed with the system.

It is a bit like questing for rare fish masks before Gaia made it easy. xd
you know what that is it exactly LOL

Champion

chocolate drizzles

^I agree with what Jen said. Alchemy has brought together the community even though it haters whine about the difficulty.

Devoted Alchemist

19,075 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Megathread 100
Persistent Alchemist
I have been reading threads about how cruddy alchemy is and how overly priced and irrationally hard to obtain the back wings are. But I actually enjoy Alchemy, faults and all. I love looking through forums and the market place looking for good deals on components and formulas. I love heading into zomg and woking hard to obtain a substantial amount of zomg loot for caches. I like the hard work, I feel gaia needed something to truly push me; everything is just so simple on here.

I will continue to use alchemy and wear my crafted items with pride and joy, I love my overly priced items I work hard to obtain.
I love getting the ingredients together and being able to do it at my pace no time limit. (someday I might finish level 1)

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

I think you are missing the point to the complaints even after the Cache alteration. It has nothing to do with farming materials from the rest of the site. The fact remains that most formulas call for Cash items that are increasingly harder to obtain in one way or another. RIG fail items that are required in formulas outside of the RIG formulas are shooting up in price because you have many users wishing to craft said formulas in addition to the thinning probability of pulling said items from RIGs because of a larger item base as each new one appears monthly. Cash items that are no longer sold outside of what users already have are being destroyed to the point where the supply is being questioned tremendously and to even acquire one would force a user to spend hundreds of thousands or millions of gold for one. Imagine a formula that calls for multiples of those items or multiple formulas requiring one. There are still one-time grants listed in a few formulas. It took users pointing out the use of the Bunny Tail in two formulas that ultimately led to its change, though, what took its place was Bento Bunny, something that has never been sold again and may very well never be especially with the nonsense and headache surrounding that item's situation.

Gaia is doing nothing to alleviate that issue; no requirement alterations, no alternative paths, no reselling those items again, no formulas for those items that require components like that in the Cache and Case formulas as to not destroy more limited Cash items.

With the better odds in the Cache, you now have items disappearing from the site permanently faster than ever before as many more users try the feature out that never touched it before. I felt bad for sacrificing a Giant Syringe for my Giant Scalpel back in November. I spent just over 300k for it. Now tell me how many more users are going after crafting said item in addition to the Syringe's price tag in the Marketplace and its really low pull rate from RIGs that is only decreasing with each RIG released. Compare that scenario with limited Cash items like the Two Turtle Doves and Wedding Doves and Ribbons (for Dove Capelet. You need two of that crafted item for a Windy Gear and another if you want one just to wear). Please do not tell me you cannot see why users are up in arms over Alchemy still.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.
i'm not talking about complaints that fall under a different category (like past rig items, etc).
i'm talking about those people who were complaining specifically about caches and are still complaining about them now.

like; "well now that gaia made the cache change, all the other less expensive components will rise in price drastically".

-------

Persistent Alchemist
Ive noticed alot of unity between alchemists as well, we feel each outhers drive to accomplish something that is deemed too hard LOL

yeah, i've made a lot of friends through alchemy, and even though it wasn't a perfect system (and it still isn't) - it was worth all the time i put into it. 3nodding

Dangerous Dabbler

What a previous post said about destroying items is only one of the reasons people have complained about Alchemy, and not the most often heard one (though currently I think one of the most valid).

The complaints about "this is too hard" have been more common. And some of those, too, have been well-reasoned and valid about the particulars of why it seems/seemed too hard. But a lot of it was from people who never looked very far into the system. They picked up a couple of formulas, found that the components couldn't just be bought in a shop, blanched at the prices in the marketplace, and either found themselves paying millions to craft a Level 1 formula or gave it up.

But I've loved Alchemy because I -can't- just pick up a random formula and expect to craft it. I like being made to think about whether it's worth it or not, to plan where to get components and how to get the best prices (true even now). It's a strategy game, and, yep, tactics, too. And what Snipplus4 said is great, too, that there's no time limit! Set it aside, come back when you're tired of playing in another part of Gaia (and when you're in better funds?), and pick it up right where you left off.

9,225 Points
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
Cimeara
I tottaly get where your coming from in the whole stratigy thing. It is fun hunting down good deals and coming up with solid plans on obtaining certain components / formulas. ninja
I like the idea of Alchemy, despite the large amount of haters. @ w @;
Although I wish they had more level 3 formula that doesn't require the use of one of my favorite items, bento bunny.. ;w;
There's, like, only 2 left on the mp? Before you know it, it'll be extinct.
:c

9,225 Points
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
Lovable Marionette
I like the idea of Alchemy, despite the large amount of haters. @ w @;
Although I wish they had more level 3 formula that doesn't require the use of one of my favorite items, bento bunny.. ;w;
There's, like, only 2 left on the mp? Before you know it, it'll be extinct.
:c
-hugs- I am sure *hopefully* Gaia will release more formulas for us to use. the current ones feel a bit rushed. almost like they just needed things out there so they decided to pick IC items galor lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff