Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think its worth the effort and gold to do Alchemy?

Yes. 0.3563829787234 35.6% [ 67 ]
No. 0.26063829787234 26.1% [ 49 ]
I have others make the items for me. 0.015957446808511 1.6% [ 3 ]
I'd rather buy the items on the MP. 0.085106382978723 8.5% [ 16 ]
You can't make anything good in Alchemy. 0.031914893617021 3.2% [ 6 ]
Dunno... I don't do Alchemy. 0.13297872340426 13.3% [ 25 ]
Don't care... POLLHOAR! 0.021276595744681 2.1% [ 4 ]
Ummm.. for the ACHIEVEMENTS! DUH! 0.095744680851064 9.6% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 188 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 >

True Paradox's Husband

Paradox Ultima

You need new bump pics. They look more like me now than they do you! XD

True Paradox's Husband

Whut? WHAAAAAAAAT??? You don't like me bumpin your stuff? Oh, you're just kidding. Alrighty.

True Paradox's Husband

How can people 'dislike' this thread? Is it hurting them?

Maximus Glorious's Superhero

Paradox Ultima
Does anyone think its worthwhile to do Alchemy? I am currently level 4 and its getting increasingly difficult (of course). I'm going to continue with it anyway, but I just wanted to say it to someone other than myself. I feel like the amount of gold and items it takes to do Alchemy kind of outweighs the end result of the items created.

Yeah, I think its worthwhile, but I'm far too lazy to do it. Good luck.

Maximus Glorious's Superhero

I haven't been on here in long time. Wow.

Expiation's Wife

Dangerous Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Paradox Ultima
My current needs (UPDATED):

International Gas Mask: USSR x1
Plague Virus x1

Basilisk's Teeth x1 (or Gold Cache)

Ornate Snowflake x3
Angelic Earmuffs x3
Fairies Abode x3
Let It Snow x3
Fairy Wings x3
Eggshell x21

Wedding Doves and Ribbons x1
Summer Grass Field x2

Wish I could help. ♥

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
Paradox Ultima

I think it depends on the item you're creating. Though the cost to create is over the worth of the item, you have to stop and think of the value of the item TO YOU. Is it something you wanted? Was it worth creating it? Does it make it more sentimentally valuable to you because YOU created it? So many factors to look at.

Utter Paradox's Princess

Sparkly Prophet

5,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Suddenly... ME! I'm here!

Utter Paradox's Princess

Sparkly Prophet

5,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Paradox Ultima
Does anyone think its worthwhile to do Alchemy?

Yeah, I suppose. But I can't afford to do it. So I'll rely on you. (: ♥

Shameless Exhibitionist

3,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Member 100
~ From the darkness, a strange new woman approaches. Its hard to discern her features in the shadows. Suddenly, she steps into the light, radiating a calm, cool confidence as she strides right up to you. Raising her hand, palm side up, she clenches all of her fingers but the index and then she points at you, motioning for an even deeper closeness. ~
Will you come closer?

Shameless Exhibitionist

3,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Member 100
Paradox Ultima
Does anyone think its worthwhile to do Alchemy? I am currently level 4 and its getting increasingly difficult (of course). I'm going to continue with it anyway, but I just wanted to say it to someone other than myself. I feel like the amount of gold and items it takes to do Alchemy kind of outweighs the end result of the items created.

Its a lot of work, this Alchemy thing. I'd be interested, but I think I'd rather spend my time pleasing my Master. ~ purrrrrrrrrrr ♥

13,500 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Befriended 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Sexual Paradox
How can people 'dislike' this thread? Is it hurting them?

Ever thought people are also thumbs downing because they don't think that alchemy is worth it like the poll is asking? *thumbs down thread* neutral

Versatile Hunter

Not my best work and I'm not that good at hand drawing avi's so I hope this is good for you. Just decided to do this so it's a freebie. Enjoy. On a side note if anyone has any fabric swatches, I need ten. If anyone is in need of the following ink vials please let me know:
Red Ink X1
Yellow Ink X1
Black Ink X2
Green Ink X1
Brown Ink X1

User Image

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Paradox Ultima
Alchemy is friggin' crazy. Not only do you pour in all your gold on buying the outrageously expensive components, but some of the formulas require you to craft components that are higher than your level! For example, the level 4 formula, Deluxe Bone Mask. It requires an Ogre Bone, which is only available through crafting one OR finding one pre-crafted on the MP. Uhhh... Ogre Bone is a LEVEL SIX formula!!!! How can a level 4 make this??? Simply, it can't be done. You have to contract it out or buy it from the MP. Such a ripoff. Did Gaia even think about that before they made it that way? Its just adding more frustration to an already frustrating situation.

This was no doubt an attempt to get alchemists from different levels working together. That is, the level 6 alchemists craft Ogre Bones for the level 4 alchemists making Cuttlescythes and Deluxe Bone Masks, while the level 4 alchemists are making components like Devil Imp's Claws for the people crafting backwings.

In a way, it sort of does work, and you get those level 4 alchemists hiring higher level people to craft Ogre Bones, and you get level 6/7 alchemists willingly doing so for cheap to level up easier. It doesn't seem to work as well the other way, though, for several reasons: A level 10 alchemists can just make the Imp's Claws themselves, such formulas generally require a number of Caches components that make them expensive, and formulas like that are typically Very Low chance which make them impossible to craft at the same level easily.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff