Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Phantom

9,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
Oh my god, I nearly died because of the grammar in this thread, and because you are getting a massive quote-stack going.

But in an answer to your topic, Yes, there are plenty of flaws with the Alchemy system, most of the complaints being the inflation of ingredient items.

The good news is that there will be a huge update to the system coming down the line in a couple months (Or so they say), you'll just have to grit your teeth and bear it like the rest of us.

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
EviI Spaghetti
Sharacia
EviI Spaghetti
Sharacia
Depending on which alchemy items you're referring to, your statement may be incorrect.

Most alchemy items that come from caches (full list here) are unavailible in the marketplace simply because it's easier to sell the unopened caches as you can now choose what component you want to get from them. So technically the supply of these items are a lot higher than they were before, you're just not looking in the right place.

However, there are some items only availible through the marketplace (mostly ones won through old RIGs) that are becoming more and more scarce. A small number still appear with every new RIG, but not as many as are needed or taken out of the system due to items being crafted.

Also, some replenishable items (items won from games, zOMG loot items) are also becoming scarce, but this isn't really an issue since there's always more to be found.

So, until they fix this issue, I suggest using recipes that don't require too many of the "marketplace-only" items. Alchemy is still quite usable with the proper research.
where to get caches

Research!

And the formula for them is availible in the Bifrost shop.
iohh that recipe looks alot easier

Well, if you take the time to collect the components from the various games yourself, it's basically free...

Wheezing Werewolf

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
Sharacia
EviI Spaghetti
Sharacia
Depending on which alchemy items you're referring to, your statement may be incorrect.

Most alchemy items that come from caches (full list here) are unavailible in the marketplace simply because it's easier to sell the unopened caches as you can now choose what component you want to get from them. So technically the supply of these items are a lot higher than they were before, you're just not looking in the right place.

However, there are some items only availible through the marketplace (mostly ones won through old RIGs) that are becoming more and more scarce. A small number still appear with every new RIG, but not as many as are needed or taken out of the system due to items being crafted.

Also, some replenishable items (items won from games, zOMG loot items) are also becoming scarce, but this isn't really an issue since there's always more to be found.

So, until they fix this issue, I suggest using recipes that don't require too many of the "marketplace-only" items. Alchemy is still quite usable with the proper research.
where to get caches

Research!

iohh that recipe looks alot easier

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
EviI Spaghetti
where to get caches
They can either be crafted by using the formula sold at Bifrost and gaia game Items or you maybe lucky enough to get one from Daily chance but If you are lv 1 I would suggest getting out of lv1 first before crafting caches since the have low crafting chances at lv 1.

You should try the followg:

lv1 orb aggregate: the formula is sold at Bifrost and the components are charge orbs from zomg. The orb aggregates are also components for other formulas and sell fairly well.

lv1 Giant rainbow lollipops: the formula and most of the components are in Eniki's catches which are dropped by Enki[like the ones in my tank] in booty grab. The only other component is sold at bifrost for very cheap.

You can also buy alchemy starter kit which contain the formula and all component except a summer top which is common in Daily chance. You can also try any of the past event formula like pie hard but they may be expensive now since it has been awhile.

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
EviI Spaghetti
i think gaia didnt think of the long term effect of alchemy

i recently tried it and it seems out dated.

most items that was available easily before are now out of stock and super overpriced. and leveling it cost waaay to much to gain anything
Actually Gaia did think of this .

1]of all most items used in alchemy can either be created in alchemy or can be obtained in Gaia's games.

2] still others get rereleased in the newer RIGs

3] The few Remaining items that slip through the cracks of the above 2 are a small problem but there is soposed to be a mass over haul of the alchemy system coming soon.. This problem has been mentioned in a bunch of old dev/staff alerts.So I would suggest to be patient and put anything that is difficult to find just put that project on hold or maybe you can find it in Fynn's plunder

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
EviI Spaghetti
Sharacia

where to get caches

Research!

Virtuous Pumpkin

8,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Jack-pot 100
You can make the caches from the philosopher's cache formula in the Bifrost. The formula requires items found from the gaia games such as trash, flamingo feathers, wing tree leaves, bachelor's credits, tickets, etc.

Wheezing Werewolf

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
Sharacia

where to get caches

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Fused Bunny

13,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
EviI Spaghetti
Valkyria_ChiRei
EviI Spaghetti
Valkyria_ChiRei
yup thats the idea doing alchemy at higher level will somehow net the most rarest of all the wings...but at a heavy cost to fight the inflation...lol
im at level 1 and i cant find the required items anywhere!

they should make all alchemy items creatable

they are craftable the craftable items can be craftable but getting the formulas are different story

which one are looking for ill track it down if i can..
oh nevermind i give up for now

xD haha people hoard the alchemy items in hopes of inflation sell it back and get loads of money sad i have a friend with lvl 5 alchemy though...xD

Wheezing Werewolf

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
Valkyria_ChiRei
EviI Spaghetti
Valkyria_ChiRei
yup thats the idea doing alchemy at higher level will somehow net the most rarest of all the wings...but at a heavy cost to fight the inflation...lol

they are craftable the craftable items can be craftable but getting the formulas are different story

oh nevermind i give up for now

Fused Bunny

13,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
EviI Spaghetti
Valkyria_ChiRei

Wheezing Werewolf

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
Valkyria_ChiRei

Fused Bunny

13,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Wheezing Werewolf

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
i think gaia didnt think of the long term effect of alchemy

i recently tried it and it seems out dated.

most items that was available easily before are now out of stock and super overpriced. and leveling it cost waaay to much to gain anything

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff