Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Think a Store for Alchemy Items is a Good Idea?

Yes! 0.80597014925373 80.6% [ 54 ]
No!!! 0.19402985074627 19.4% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 67 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Noryoku Kiyama
The items were ridiculously expensive in the market place.
What was even confusing was that some items in there had a store price of not more than 200 gold but the store was not indicated. (it's a glitch, I suppose)
I felt like being cheated by those who were selling the items for hundreds of thousands to millions of gold.
So having a store for them with a standard value will be great.
Actually many items have a store price in the corner even rare items like mini wings [ store price 1g ] actual price 100000000g. The store price is just if you want to sell it back to gaia so can actually sell mini wngs back to gaia for 1g or sell it on the mp 100 mil. yes the items are really expensive on the mp the best way to get them is to make giftboxes, cache's, or cases.
In alchemy's case, store price also indicates rarity. 10g items are the easiest to find (Daily Chance, Enki's Catch, GGB, etc) while 100g is a bit rarer (Philosopher's cache), with 500g and 1000g are the higher end items of Philospher's Cache. More expensive components need to be crafted through alchemy using the smaller things (2500 store price I believe).
not really it's just the price that it sells back to gaia I refer you to my example mini wings far rarer then anything you mentioned is 1g at store price

fyi in the golden giftbox I got a formula that the store price is 80k but if it went by your logic it should be less then what is in the philosopher's cache
Yes, but miniwings aren't alchemy components. (:
That sellback rule only applies to alchemy components. And Miniwings don't have a store price of 1 gold. Sorry, but I'm not quite sure where you're getting your information, and if you're confusing store price with market price. Been on Gaia for about 5 years now, I know my way around razz

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Noryoku Kiyama
What was even confusing was that some items in there had a store price of not more than 200 gold but the store was not indicated. (it's a glitch, I suppose)
I felt like being cheated by those who were selling the items for hundreds of thousands to millions of gold.
Actually many items have a store price in the corner even rare items like mini wings [ store price 1g ] actual price 100000000g. The store price is just if you want to sell it back to gaia so can actually sell mini wngs back to gaia for 1g or sell it on the mp 100 mil. yes the items are really expensive on the mp the best way to get them is to make giftboxes, cache's, or cases.
In alchemy's case, store price also indicates rarity. 10g items are the easiest to find (Daily Chance, Enki's Catch, GGB, etc) while 100g is a bit rarer (Philosopher's cache), with 500g and 1000g are the higher end items of Philospher's Cache. More expensive components need to be crafted through alchemy using the smaller things (2500 store price I believe).
not really it's just the price that it sells back to gaia I refer you to my example mini wings far rarer then anything you mentioned is 1g at store price

fyi in the golden giftbox I got a formula that the store price is 80k but if it went by your logic it should be less then what is in the philosopher's cache
That sellback rule only applies to alchemy components. And Miniwings don't have a store price of 1 gold. Sorry, but I'm not quite sure where you're getting your information, and if you're confusing store price with market price. Been on Gaia for about 5 years now, I know my way around razz
if that's true then way is glass marbles an item from philosopher's cache have far lower price then lapis luzili an item from golden giftboxes
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Noryoku Kiyama

if that's true then way is glass marbles an item from philosopher's cache have far lower price then lapis luzili an item from golden giftboxes
It doesn't. Ithink you're just trolling me at this point, since all you say is inaccurate. Do you know the difference between store price and market price? Since no Glass Marbles have been sold on the market, it's average price is 0 since there haven't been any transactions. (We're talking market price here) lapis Lazuli has been sold, so it does have an average price. Store price is NOT market price/

Durem Dog

12,150 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Medalist 100
  • Athlete 50
While I don't think that every single alchemy component should be available in a store,I do think that level 1 formula components should be there (excluding the ones already available from games//towns/zOMG!/BG).The whole point of those formulas is to introduce the user to alchemy,so those components should be readily available.Well,that and using the DC to release the components doesn't seem to be working,so a store would be useful. cat_sweatdrop

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster

It doesn't. Ithink you're just trolling me at this point, since all you say is inaccurate. Do you know the difference between store price and market price? Since no Glass Marbles have been sold on the market, it's average price is 0 since there haven't been any transactions. (We're talking market price here) lapis Lazuli has been sold, so it does have an average price. Store price is NOT market price/
we are not talking about the average price or the lowest price we are talking about the store price that is at the very top that is the same price if you go into your inventory and click on an item a screen appears on the bottom it says gift,sell,and donate. if you press sell it sells the item back to gaia for the store price that is what we are talking about if you think it is something else we must have confused you but that is what we are talking about.
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster

we are not talking about the average price or the lowest price we are talking about the store price that is at the very top that is the same price if you go into your inventory and click on an item a screen appears on the bottom it says gift,sell,and donate. if you press sell it sells the item back to gaia for the store price that is what we are talking about if you think it is something else we must have confused you but that is what we are talking about.
Yes, that's my point. What you said earlier about the Marbles was inaccurate, proving my point. What you were saying didn't make sense, so I didn't think you knew the difference.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Its called the bifrost

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/so-did-you-guys-give-up-on-bid-blast/t.75305153/?_gaia_t_=3936

Or if your looking for buying crafted items its called the market place

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Yes, that's my point. What you said earlier about the Marbles was inaccurate, proving my point. What you were saying didn't make sense, so I didn't think you knew the difference.
actually what I said is right aother one is shark's blood is from the golden gift box and the glass marble is only 50 but yet the glass marble comes from the philosopher's cache which is far rarer then the golden giftboxes

edit: If you are using it as a reference to the rarity you really shouldn't but it is up to you though I don't care . The only things that should influance the mp price is how many people need or want the item and how many people are selling the item . If you use some other system is up to you.

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Sagebomb
Its called the bifrost

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/so-did-you-guys-give-up-on-bid-blast/t.75305153/?_gaia_t_=3936

Or if your looking for buying crafted items its called the market place

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/
this

ps I grabbed your booty

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Istoleyourtaco
this

ps I grabbed your booty

Cheers hun, I didnt see your bump in my glow thread though cat_ninja

All good, I hoped you got a drop...because when you do, I have a chance too (and havent had any for a few days)
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
actually what I said is right aother one is shark's blood is from the golden gift box and the glass marble is only 50 but yet the glass marble comes from the philosopher's cache which is far rarer then the golden giftboxes

edit: If you are using it as a reference to the rarity you really shouldn't but it is up to you though I don't care . The only things that should influance the mp price is how many people need or want the item and how many people are selling the item . If you use some other system is up to you.
You're really just not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying the store price should affect the actual market price of the item, since this is a Laissez-faire market, and therefor it is impossible to control it anyways; but a Philosphers Cache is rarer than a Golden Giftbox. A Philosophers Cache items has a store value of 100/500/1000, higher than one of the Golden Giftbox, which is 10, signifying it's higher rarity. Philosphers Caches are rarer than Golden Giftboxes, they have a higher store price. I never said that it affected market price. This is a Laissez-faire market, so the price of the indivudal components are made by supply and demand. In your instance, Shark's Blood, there is a high demand so people will pay lots for it. It's store value is still 10. And you can't compare it to Marbles since a single unit of marbles hasn't been sold yet; it has a market average of 0, which means it's never been bought/sold before. Marbles store value is still 100. It's a rarity system. Gaia wouldn't simply assign random store prices to these components without meaning. Without meaning, they wouldn't be dumb enough to assign store prices anyways.

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster

You're really just not understanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying the store price should affect the actual market price of the item, since this is a Laissez-faire market, and therefor it is impossible to control it anyways; but a Philosphers Cache is rarer than a Golden Giftbox. A Philosophers Cache items has a store value of 100/500/1000, higher than one of the Golden Giftbox, which is 10, signifying it's higher rarity. Philosphers Caches are rarer than Golden Giftboxes, they have a higher store price. I never said that it affected market price. This is a Laissez-faire market, so the price of the indivudal components are made by supply and demand. In your instance, Shark's Blood, there is a high demand so people will pay lots for it. It's store value is still 10. And you can't compare it to Marbles since a single unit of marbles hasn't been sold yet; it has a market average of 0, which means it's never been bought/sold before. Marbles store value is still 100. It's a rarity system. Gaia wouldn't simply assign random store prices to these components without meaning. Without meaning, they wouldn't be dumb enough to assign store prices anyways.
then explain shark's blood from the golden gift box that is equal to the highest price you mention for the philosopher's cache
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster

then explain shark's blood from the golden gift box that is equal to the highest price you mention for the philosopher's cache
I checked, and apparently Sharks Blood comes from Philosophers Cache also, ilegedy. Or, it may just be a higher rarity item from the GGB.

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster
Istoleyourtaco
Treat or Trickster

I checked, and apparently Sharks Blood comes from Philosophers Cache also, ilegedy. Or, it may just be a higher rarity item from the GGB.
what ever source you used that says shark's blood is the cache is wrong the only 2 places it is found are bid blast and the ggb. It is the rarest thing in the ggb but if what you say is correct the rarest thing in the cache should still beat it out but it doesn't

Ice-Cold Gaian

Brain Akazariua

No, it's a good system as it is. Sure they need to actually release more components but never, ever should all or most components be put in the shop. It would destroy the entire purpose of the system.

We have The Bifrost for components and formulas, that should stay and be updated every once in a while but that's it.

Okay, I talked a bit about this with a friend who set-up a proposal for more alchemy stuff. What I think is needed is a shop that's a bit like the BiFrost and either Phin Phang or Denir*Cri where certain items are in stock and when they sell out they get exchanged for other items. But what I think should be in-stock isn't the actual alchemy items (Irradiated Stone and such) but the stuff that isn't available anymore like Sad Ice Creams and other stuff like that. Ivan would make a killing!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff