Welcome to Gaia! ::

Komitkid's Wife

Has anybody ever noticed that the items it takes to craft something cost more than buying the item itself .. whats the point? or is there something that i dont know?

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
It depends on the formulas really. The ones that take components from Caches are actually relatively cheap compared most things on the MP these days. There's also some that require gold shop items too.

However, yeah, the ones that require fail RIG items and other GC items are going to be expensive because of a lot of them were dwindling to almost extinction. There is the new Alchemy Fusion Cache in Go-Fusion though that I guess helps with that.

Garbage Cat

It's kind of a broken game by now - which is a shame. Gaia hasn't managed its economy very well - now everything is cash, cash, cash and all the announcements are for GC sales or La Victoire 'limited' items, and alchemy has become impossible. I wonder, what with the fall of zOMG! and other similar disappearing items (used up in recipes), what the point even is to keep playing.

Alchemy has become a exclusively for Gaia's 1 percent, and that seems very wrong.

Komitkid's Wife

Brash Candiboot
It's kind of a broken game by now - which is a shame. Gaia hasn't managed its economy very well - now everything is cash, cash, cash and all the announcements are for GC sales or La Victoire 'limited' items, and alchemy has become impossible. I wonder, what with the fall of zOMG! and other similar disappearing items (used up in recipes), what the point even is to keep playing.

Alchemy has become a exclusively for Gaia's 1 percent, and that seems very wrong.

yeah actually im new and back on after 4 years allot has changed... its really sad. i would hate to see this website go to s**t... i've been on since 2005 and spent allot of time on here. : / but yeah. is it true there is a new owner of the site?

Dangerous Dabbler

OMGITSMiShKi
Has anybody ever noticed that the items it takes to craft something cost more than buying the item itself .. whats the point? or is there something that i dont know?

Part of it is doing the research: there's a 100 formulas that will lose gold for every formula that makes a profit, so you can't just craft things at random and expect to make any gold.

Part of it is the purpose: if you want the achievements that come with each level, you may need to craft things that don't (or don't currently) make a profit, just to get the points to advance. So it's like you're paying to play, to advance, which isn't that different from a lot of other games.

Demonic Businessman

28,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
It is definitely about doing research for formulas…if you estimate of how much a formula will cost you and how much you could potentially sell it for, you can save yourself a lot of trouble and gold.

But, honestly, to say that Alchemy is only for the '1%' of Gaia is not fair. I have completed well over 200 different formulas that were NOT cache-based and I don't buy g cash OR have hundreds of billions of gold. I was patient, managed to craft high ticket items at a decent price and then started to build billions of profit from that to fund the other formulas.

There is a smart way to do this, if you're willing. You get heart charms from the daily chance…you may get up to three a day. That's about 60 million on average. Sell those, go buy a huge cache bundle from the Bifrost and open them all -- get both heart charms and caches. Use the caches to level up on cache-only formulas and sell the heart charms you find to make back your investment + millions more.

A bit tedious to level up? Yup. But, financially, works. It may not make you billions, but that's kinda something you have to work out for yourself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff