Welcome to Gaia! ::

furfire's Wife

Devoted Dabbler

9,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
HAPPY WORLD OCARINA DAY!!!

Those familiar with docjazz4 on YouTube and Facebook, World Ocarina Day was created to be celebrated on this day every year by people all over the world. It's a fairly new occurrence that serves the purpose of raising ocarina awareness internationally, as well as severing the false impression that ocarinas are associated with the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time video game.

While the ocarina is used as the choice instrument in that game, ocarinas are a wind instrument translating to "little geese" in Italian that have been around for over ten thousand years. They have dwindled in popularity and awareness, but they're making a rapid return. Most people have joined me in spreading awareness of the ocarina by celebrating World Ocarina Day (followed by OCAwareness, which is all throughout October).

Will you join me and my friends in celebrating a special day for ocarinas and spreading awareness of the ocarina throughout the world?

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Today is World Ocarina Day? I better get my ocarina out of my room and play it.

furfire's Wife

Devoted Dabbler

9,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
TigerLilyChick
Indeed, it is. I'm even doing a video collab and accepting video submissions of 90 seconds or less from anyone between now and July first.

Lupine Gatekeeper

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Gaian 50
Reiko Souma
TigerLilyChick
Indeed, it is. I'm even doing a video collab and accepting video submissions of 90 seconds or less from anyone between now and July first.

Oooh didn't even know there was a ocarina day. Might have to dig my sweet potato out and practice with it.

furfire's Wife

Devoted Dabbler

9,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Karastorm
Reiko Souma
TigerLilyChick

Oooh didn't even know there was a ocarina day. Might have to dig my sweet potato out and practice with it.
You should! I'm part of an enormous ocarina community on various websites, including Facebook, where we do just that - practice and play. Some of us perform regularly or play ocarina for a living based on our love for music. I'm one of those people. smile

Lupine Gatekeeper

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Gaian 50
3nodding

Fab!! The rreason I [picked it up as I'm a trained singer so I though I might be able to fiddle around with a nice woodwind instrument. I went for the ocarina as it looks the easiest to learn ( also has a far greater sound then the dreaded recorder).

furfire's Wife

Devoted Dabbler

9,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Karastorm
3nodding

Fab!! The rreason I [picked it up as I'm a trained singer so I though I might be able to fiddle around with a nice woodwind instrument. I went for the ocarina as it looks the easiest to learn ( also has a far greater sound then the dreaded recorder).
You're right on all counts. It is indeed far easier to learn than most wind instruments and has a far richer sound than that dreaded recorder. >.<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff