Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm having an operation with a long recovery time next year, and I'm going to use that time to learn one new language, and one instrument. Which launguage should I do? Suggestions please!
Spanish or Chinese.

They're probably the most useful smile I want to learn them both.
well where do you live?
if you live in canada it'd be useful to learn french.
in the us spanish.
ectect.
French if you are a Romanticist but I think that Chinese is also useful since they outnumber every race. And there are different China towns in different countries. Maybe they'll dominate the world soon

Bitter Pumpkin's Pardner

Star Nymph

Choose something you like! I have Italian blood (mixed with alot of others o.o lol) so I'm going to learn Italian. ^_^ Pick something close and to your liking.
P.S. - What instrment are you going to learn?
Well i take french and it is very easy to learn and fun and i reccomend the clarinet to learn.
Learn Trumpet. dramallama

And for languages, depends on your preference. Italian is mine. But there's Spanish or French if you want to add to the romantics. German is close to english, though it's very rough and the pronuciation can be hard. If you want to go for difficult learn Mandrin Chinese, Japanese, or any other asian language. Then you have to learn an entire character system as well.

It all depends on preference.
Heard melodies are sweet...

Well, it all depends on what countries you'd like to visit and all that.

However, I'd recommend Chinese or Spanish, since they'll be hitting a very good stage in economic development soon. xD

Also, if you're looking for something easy to learn, I'd go for German or Dutch. Or Dutch as a sprouting language from German, since, according to my Dutch friend, if you know German and English, Dutch won't be that hard to learn.

Japanese is also a rather easy language. The kana aren't too hard to learn and about half the words you'll ever use are English. xD

But those unheard are sweeter...
chinese or spanish
because those are two languages that are gaining popularity very fast

or german
just because its fun whee
chinese- mandarin. b/c it's the most popular language.
instrument, i don't know.

but i think spanish would be good.
but i like korean. i'm no korean, but i think how to write the characters are easier to write. idk

but spanish and chinese would be very useful
Japanese is pretty easy.
It's so much fun, too!
Sit down with a dictionary and a book on grammar, and you're set.
Really.

German is actually kind of hard for most people.
It's the grammar that gets them.
I love German, and find it really easy, but others insist it's impossible.

Mandarin Chinese is so much fun!
BUT.
The tones are super hard.
You can try, but it's hard to teach yourself.

French...
hahaha, no.
Just no.

Finnish is REALLY fun.
It's super hard though, too.
But it makes sense once you get the hang of it.

I'd go for Finnish.
It's basically useless, but so pretty, and a lot of fun.
Definitely recommend Chinese. I've been learning it for almost 3 years and I'm taking a GCSE in it next year. =] It is tricky at first and can be overwhelming but its really good to learn.

Spanish is good too, and you don't have to learn characters.

For an instrument it depends what you like. Piano is nice but that can be tricky to buy etc. You could try guitar?
it's up to you...you gotta chose something you'd like to learn.
but i guess for usefulness, i'd say French, Chinese or Spanish?
If it is Chinese you are chosing... There is usually Manderin and cantonese.
I speak cantonese but I want to learn Manderin. They are both very useful.
Maybe for a new instrument you can take up and orchestra instrument. Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass. I like Piano. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff