Chinese 0.073170731707317 7.3% [ 15 ]
Arabian 0.014634146341463 1.5% [ 3 ]
Spanish 0.048780487804878 4.9% [ 10 ]
African 0.0048780487804878 0.5% [ 1 ]
Italian 0.058536585365854 5.9% [ 12 ]
Russian 0.053658536585366 5.4% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 205 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

I speak Dutch, English and a little bit German...

I'm Dutch myself but I love English... Sounds strange, but it's true...

LL

Sexy Turtle

cc123cuteee
What language do you speak, or what is your favorite, comment and explain why (: and if it is not in the poll selection, comment aswell telling me what it is !! (I could only put 10 poll options D: )
American Sign Language.

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Black Lust Perfume
cc123cuteee
What language do you speak, or what is your favorite, comment and explain why (: and if it is not in the poll selection, comment aswell telling me what it is !! (I could only put 10 poll options D: )
American Sign Language.

Cool ! I can only spell my name in sign language nothing else :/
I speak English, Italian & Russian. My favourite is Russian because the sentence structure allows for getting one's intentions across clearly and straightforwardly. smile
I can currently speak English, French, and Spanish
and i'm working on learning Mandarin, Japanese, and Korean~ emotion_c8

Tipsy Kitten

I speak Russian and English

Its my dream to learn Swahili
I can speak English and Spanish. I've always been fascinated by Russian though.

Rampaging Bunny

36,275 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Team Carl 200
hahaha is African really a language? because i am from Africa and i will love to know that language! rofl
but yes i preferred language is English as it is so far the most dominant language in the world, if i am not mistaken 4laugh
Funny how I knew french would be first on the list. I had to pick french because that's what my whole family speaks.

Fashionable Genius

5,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
English is my native tongue, however, I love secretly insulting people in Japanese ^^

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
I'm a native English speaker (how boring, I know), and have spent a lot of my school life learning other languages. The list of languages that I'm fluent in isn't gigantic, but the list of languages that I have a working knowledge of (because of the languages that I am fluent in) is pretty long, I guess. Unfortunately, the poll didn't have the one I like to use the most.
As strange as it would sound, my favorite to use would be Latin.
I love the language mostly because the grammar is like an intricate puzzle and putting it all together is half the fun. That sounds so silly, I'm sure, but that's how I feel. There is also that mysticism about the language that I really like too.
That said, Hellenistic (specifically, Ionic) Greek is in a close second place for basically the same reasons. It does get brownie points because of its pretty alphabet, too.
Yes, I know they're both dead languages and yes, I know what you're going to say. "What's the point in learning a dead language?" Well there isn't one. I do so simply because I think they're cool. And I can. So nyah~
If I could, I would say that Latin is my native tongue. Sometimes I do anyway, even though that is a falsification of the truth. Shhhh, don't tell anyone. ;}

Dangerous Lunatic

Shizuka Mizu

I love the language mostly because the grammar is like an intricate puzzle and putting it all together is half the fun. That sounds so silly, I'm sure, but that's how I feel. There is also that mysticism about the language that I really like too.
Latin is the simplest language I have ever encountered. You don't even have to worry about word placement, and the rules are consistent.
I'm not entirely sure how you get "Intricate puzzle" out of that.

I mean, I love the language to bits, but that's because it's just so... clinical.

6,325 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
sltttbrgr
Shizuka Mizu

Latin is the simplest language I have ever encountered. You don't even have to worry about word placement, and the rules are consistent.

I mean, I love the language to bits, but that's because it's just so... clinical.

Because of the declension, having to know each case for each type of noun, coupled with having to know how to decline adjectives that describe the aforementioned nouns, then having to know how to conjugate whatever verb you want to use (not to mention having to know to use the case and gender appropriately when you use a verb participle), couple that with having multiple clauses (and knowing where/how to use the subjunctive) along with having to decline the relative pronoun(s), so on and so forth.

Thankful Waffles

11,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Magical Girl 50
I can speak Portuguese, English, Spanish and a little of Japanese and Italian. yum_puddi
My favourite ones are Italian and Polish. Italian, because, for me, everything sounds nice in Italian and Polish, because it's very different (for me) and I really enjoy learning that language. 4laugh

Dangerous Lunatic

Shizuka Mizu
sltttbrgr
Shizuka Mizu

Because of the declension, having to know each case for each type of noun, coupled with having to know how to decline adjectives that describe the aforementioned nouns, then having to know how to conjugate whatever verb you want to use (not to mention having to know to use the case and gender appropriately when you use a verb participle), couple that with having multiple clauses (and knowing where/how to use the subjunctive) along with having to decline the relative pronoun(s), so on and so forth.
But all of that is immediately obvious from the context of the word.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff