Welcome to Gaia! ::

Topic
From your list, I would say Swedish.

Polish is a beautiful language as well. The slavic languages also have more or less the same grammatical structure, so if you wanted to study Russian or any other slavic language, it would be easier if you were familiar with Polish. Be warned though, the grammar is tough. Almost EVERYTHING in slavic languages is conjugated in some form (adjectives, verbs, pronouns...), and these conjugations change based on plurality and/or gender, so it's a lot of memorization.

Swedish on the other hand is much more closely related to English. The syntax is relatively similar, and it's really a beautiful sounding language. In addition, the Scandinavian languages are all similar to an extent, excluding Finnish as it is completely different.

I'm biased towards Swedish though, as I love Scandinavia.

Good luck with whatever you choose, though 3nodding

Conservative Lover

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
Not sure why you added the Japanese bit when it's not European...
geminikitten
Not sure why you added the Japanese bit when it's not European...

No way, I thought Japan was in Europe, doyyyy. /sarcasm

Anyway, I've made a similar topic and people told me to learn Japanese, so I thought I'd add it in anyway.

Gracious Conversationalist

14,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Hey, I'm from Belgium ( Dutch part) and I would say that German would be the most interesting choice but I think French is also a very nice language to learn smile

Wheezing Fatcat

You'd probably get the most use out of German; there are more German speakers than Polish, Dutch or Swedish speakers. I'd say learn German first, and then study Dutch or Swedish - I find that they're very similar.

I don't see why you cross dressing has anything to do with you learning Polish, either. The Polish government doesn't monitor who buys Rosetta Stone programs and Polish language textbooks, or anything.

Also, if you study an uncommon language, be prepared to get frustrated by the lack of information. I've been studying Finnish myself for quite some time and I've only found a few textbooks.
piparminttukaramelli
You'd probably get the most use out of German; there are more German speakers than Polish, Dutch or Swedish speakers. I'd say learn German first, and then study Dutch or Swedish - I find that they're very similar.

I don't see why you cross dressing has anything to do with you learning Polish, either. The Polish government doesn't monitor who buys Rosetta Stone programs and Polish language textbooks, or anything.

Also, if you study an uncommon language, be prepared to get frustrated by the lack of information. I've been studying Finnish myself for quite some time and I've only found a few textbooks.

I suppose so, I guess I just won't do it if I ever decide to visit there or anything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff