Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
We all know that in America, you guys have Amine-con, Comic-con etc.

But in other countries, we might have different types of conventions.

So, if your country has one (you Austrailains, I know AT LEAST ONE from there), what is it called and what type of convention is it?

For NZ and Austrailia, we have a pulp expo called Armageddon (which at the time of posting, there is one comming up this long weekend) which stars comes from America and around the place, comes to meet their fans across Austrailia and New Zealand plus have compertitions (cosplays, DBZ, card tornaments etc) entertainment etc. It's pretty cool and I'm going to one this long weekend (you kiwis know what I mean!)

So, what's yours?
It's spelt Australia. =P And we get animania. ^-^ Was going to the on this year, but I was busy during that weekend. =( Though I did get to see the cosplayers on the train. =)

It is held in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane... as far as I know.

Invisible Fairy

There's Anime Evolution (Vancouver) and Anime North (Toronto) in Canada...I think there's also a small anime con over in Victoria, but I don't remember what it's called. There may be more, but I don't know about them. XD

If you're not only counting anime cons, there's also sci-fi cons and some random small affairs locally.
the only ones I know of in aust. is super nova and animenia
We have a bunch of them here in Sweden, though I never go to them. xD

There's Dreamhack, a largest gathering of computer nerds and their PCs in the world to play LAN games; literally thousands go to that. And this november we're having a Sci-Fi convention in Stockholm for two days: WEBSITE.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff