Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Noob

I know this is kinda unrelated to anime and manga... BUT I FOUND IT IN AN ANIME SO IT'S NOT UNRELATED MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA. Erm.

What the hell is this like what. And also if there are any amazing japanese people out the with time on your hands translate the whole sentence please oh god

http://i60.tinypic.com/16bf0gj.png
*sees one of the most used kanji in the Japanese language asked about*

Really?

*expects that anime forum, where folks drop their brains at the door, to know Japanese, when they all rely on their precious subtitles*

REALLY?

I could translate it. But, I don't want to. Go to the International forum

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

I actually chuckled because it's such a common piece of kanji.
Just_Oneofakind

Really?

To be honest, I doubt many people take to reading japanese literature.

Just_Oneofakind

*expects that anime forum, where folks drop their brains at the door, to know Japanese, when they all rely on their precious subtitles

REALLY?

This made me laugh.

Ehh I don't mind translating the character, it's a small victory when I can point out Kanji I've learned thus far. "Watashi"

mv 's Bestie

Punk

17,325 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Well as people have said, it would be the first kanji you'd learn. It's "me", as in "watashi".

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
The Cynders
Just_Oneofakind

Really?

To be honest, I doubt many people take to reading japanese literature.

A person doesn't have to read Japanese literature in order to know that kanji. It's taught in Japanese classes, too. And while I already knew that kanji, my Japanese class didn't start learning it until Japanese 2 because it did not appear in the Genki textbook that we used until Ch. 6.

But anyway, I've had to read Japanese literature ranging from the Kojiki to Naomi by Tanizaki Junichiro for my Japanese Literature 101, 102, and 103 classes. But they're all in English translation because the class is comprised of students in different levels of Japanese. Plus, no one can understand ancient classical Japanese in early works, not even my native Japanese professors. The only people who can are those who have studied classical Japanese.

Phantom

"" "watashi"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas