Welcome to Gaia! ::

vistors

:heart: 1 100.0% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]

Fellow Australians and Gaians,
If you have not heard there have been devastating Bushfires in Australia's Victoria killing well over 100 people.

Quote:
"Up to 80 people are still missing in the Victoria fires as the official death toll continues to climb.

The toll reached 181 overnight but with dozens still unaccounted for it is certain to exceed 200.

Those missing were "people who the coroner believes are already deceased, but are not yet identified," Brumby said."Click for full Article

Quote:
"Public donations to Victoria bushfire disaster tops $30 million"Click for full Article

Although we may not be able to donate our support we can voice it here and on Facebook

So please share your words and I hope this reaches out.
i hope this is noticed i'd feel a bit miffed if it got lost between the threads sad
it really is a tragedy my schools flags are at half-mast right now and at assembly we had a minutes silence so a school of 1000 students were silent for the lost and battling cry
that's comforting
My school also held a one minute's silence at noon.
my son has been off school for a week, because we live less than a kilometer away from one of Saturday's major fires.

Day turned to night and black rain fell from the sky.

If you shop at Coles supermarkets tomorrow (Fri 13th) they will donate any profits to the bushfire appeal.
Such a horrible thing to have happening, The courier mail today claimed there is talk about the total number of deaths to be 300!

Its hard not to think about since its all over the papers, all over the tv and radio and now over the loud speakers at the local Woolworth's.
I dont mind giving blood and a donation but heck what about the poor people up north who are now living with crocodiles swimming the flooded streets? Have we also forgotten those poor people?
homeless fish
Such a horrible thing to have happening, The courier mail today claimed there is talk about the total number of deaths to be 300!

Its hard not to think about since its all over the papers, all over the tv and radio and now over the loud speakers at the local Woolworth's.
I dont mind giving blood and a donation but heck what about the poor people up north who are now living with crocodiles swimming the flooded streets? Have we also forgotten those poor people?

I have not forgotten them... my father lives in the far north... his hometown is flooding as we speak... my family is all affected by the wild weather in Australia.

It feels like the apocalypse.
Yeah its a very scary thing. I work at Bayswater Mc Donalds and you can see the black smoke. Apparently it was just over the radio, but Belgrave, Tecoma and Upwey are all on fire too. They're only small scrub fires but its still scary...and once again its the work of arsons.

Well for all those who have lost someone dear to you, my condolances go out.

My work has raised $5000+ in donations and its still climbing and I also made the yellow ribbons for my work to sell and put in the donation bin so we're all doing out bit to help.
Bawwwwww. rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces