Welcome to Gaia! ::

HELP

I need to say something along the lines of this:
My family is going on vacation. If I go with them, I will miss Mon, Tues, and Wed. Will it hurt my grade?

I'm only in my first semester, so my vocabulary is extremely limited. I've gotten as far as this:
watashi wa kadoku de yasumi o ikimasu. watashi wa yasumu getsuyoubi kayoubi suiyoubi. watashi wa iitemoiidesu ka.

I'm awful, I know. Could you please help?

P.S. I don't know where else to stick this thread. If it belongs somewhere else, please tell me.

EDIT: Oops. I meant ittemoiidesu ka.
If you're saying that you're going somewhere you need to used "he" or "ni" - not "o"

I've got "Watashi no kazoku wa yasumi(Vacation is Yasumi, right? >_< wink he ikimasu." uuhhmmm... "ikirareba, getsuyoubi kara suiyoubi made wo..somethingsomething...-shimasu( I wonder what "miss" is...? neutral )
Hmm... I don't know what "grade" is either.... so I have no clue what to say there...
itemo ii desu ka is like "is it okay if I go?" so using that would work too?
Stop using "Watashiwa" very often.
If you go to Japan, the habitants might think of you as somebody very selfish.
Ana Calavera
Stop using "Watashiwa" very often.
If you go to Japan, the habitants might think of you as somebody very selfish.

Not to mention that 'I' is assumed after the first time of use. People forget that even in English they don't use 'I' over and over again. While perhaps grammatically correct, it just doesn't look or sound right >.<

As for the second sentence, I would go more with "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday I will be absent" As in, 月曜日と火曜日と水曜日をやすみます。

2,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
here i know basic phrases like ogengee desu ka, watakushi-wah _______ desu. the ____ means to insert ur name. hoped i helped u. =^_^=
うちはバカンスに行きます。私も一緒に行ったら、月曜日から水曜日まで授業を休むことになりますが、それは合格点を差し障りますか?

uchi wa BAKANSU ni ikimasu. watashi mo issho ni ittara, getsuyoubi kara suiyoubi made jugyou wo yasumu koto ni narimasu ga, sore wa goukakuten wo sashi-sawarimasu ka?

My family/household is going on vacation. If I were to go with them, I would be absent in class from Monday through to Wednesday, but would this adversely affect my passing grade?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff