Welcome to Gaia! ::

I just wanted to say that my deepest sympathies go out to the people of Mumbai at the moment and the hopes that any Gaia users in Mumbai have no been caught up in the events there.

I've been following events on UK news tv since last night and it feels as if all of India is holding it's breath to watch the out come of these attacks. I can only hope that no more innocent people are hurt as a result of this siege on the city.

I don't want this thread to turn into the bashing of terrorists or preaching by those with extremeist. I think that would be disrespectful to both parties. Instead I thought it would be nice to have a place where people could talk about how this has affected them even if like me they are hundreds or even thousands of miles away.
KittenStorm
I just wanted to say that my deepest sympathies go out to the people of Mumbai at the moment and the hopes that any Gaia users in Mumbai have no been caught up in the events there.

I've been following events on UK news tv since last night and it feels as if all of India is holding it's breath to watch the out come of these attacks. I can only hope that no more innocent people are hurt as a result of this siege on the city.

I don't want this thread to turn into the bashing of terrorists or preaching by those with extremeist. I think that would be disrespectful to both parties. Instead I thought it would be nice to have a place where people could talk about how this has affected them even if like me they are hundreds or even thousands of miles away.

crying your a good person crying
Agreed, I hope the people caught up in the attacks pull through sad Best wishes.

Fashionable Nerd

Mhm. My eyeballs haven't dilated that much when I saw the news about it for a long time.
Scary stuff.

The main reason it's frightened me was because I was planning on going into the city soon and then I hear that the terror threat went up or whatnot and worst off was that the supposed -plots- were targeting the train I take to get into the city. >__>

So I've been frightened.
There always has to be something. u__u
Lets just hope that no more people get hurt from these attacks.
x R e p l i c a
Mhm. My eyeballs haven't dilated that much when I saw the news about it for a long time.
Scary stuff.

The main reason it's frightened me was because I was planning on going into the city soon and then I hear that the terror threat went up or whatnot and worst off was that the supposed -plots- were targeting the train I take to get into the city. >__>

So I've been frightened.
There always has to be something. u__u

As terrifying as these attacks are, they take months to organise. Maybe even years. Once the police and military have finally ended the situation, I would strongly advise you not to let the win by not traveling to the city. I would say this to anyone in a similar situation so please don't feel singled out.

Terrorists earned their name for a reason, because they spread terror, they use it to control and coerce people on a massive scale. The best thing you can do therefore is to show them they have failed by going about your everyday business. Of course I would also advise caution and vigilence but never paranoia and fear but also respect for those who lost their lives over the past few days.

When terrorists attacked London, blowing up buses and tube stations, we wept for a weeek and then we carried on because we had to. It's one of the few things I'm proud of my country for. We played it down, mourning quietly but making a strong show of unity and that is what truely defeats terrorist. Knowing that their extreme methods aren't worth the loss of life and it in fact makes them look bad to the people they try to recruit which is three quarters of the battle.

So please stay strong, and don't let this fear prevent you from continuing on, or they will truely believe that such extremes are the way to victory.
I sponser a family in india, they write to me and are very poor. I'm upset and scared right now because I don't want anything to happen to them.
Thank you for making this thread, my heart and prayers also go out to the innocent people there.
JesuzFreak
I sponser a family in india, they write to me and are very poor. I'm upset and scared right now because I don't want anything to happen to them.
Thank you for making this thread, my heart and prayers also go out to the innocent people there.

I hope they are ok too. If they are outside Mumbai they should be fine.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff