Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok, I'll start first....

When I was in Japan, there was this food called Nattou.
Basically, it's fermented bean curd, but it slightly looks like caramelised beans.
It smells and tastes like kissing someone who hasn't brushed their teeth in a few weeks.
But the worst of it all is that the stench clings onto you for dear life, it took an hour to get the aftertaste/smell out of my mouth. eek

I heard many west Japanese enjoy Nattou, my second homestay brother (7 yrs old) loved it. It was his "favourate food".

What's the most disgusting food you've seen in any country?
well, i saw cow's balls in the U S A l o l biggrin
Ah yeah!,
i saw one of those in a reality T.V show. The flies roaming around made it worse blaugh
crying bump..
WTF.

That's good. Piss off. talk2hand

Well, it's not good by itself, and yeah, it does have a stink smell.

I eat it with rice, egg, and furikake.

My mom and grandmother can eat it by itself. talk2hand
I quite enjoy the experience of eating weird/'disgusting foreign foods.

Anyways, I went to a Russian restaurant and tried some Beaver meat. It wasn't SOOOOO disgusting as everyone made it out to be. It just bore this weird smell in your mouth, kind of like goat but a lot stronger. But then again, maybe because it was imported meat.
I've honestly never come across the concept of beaver meat neutral ... wow
I guess if you came from a freezing country, anything moving would look fantastic on your dinner plate.
Balut, it is a half formed embryo of a chicken, it looks nasty but its good!
fish liver.
normally i really enjoy eating liver (not fish)
but the fish liver i had last night tasted like tofu.. but with this mushy fishysmell and ick.
ahhh.
theres this gross food called bat satay, bat stuck on a stick and looked burned.....
eeewwwww its in my country indonesia!!! xp
Nattou is awesome with soy sauce. =3
Soda is disgusting. Yup that's all I can think of. sweatdrop
Ohh, California rolls and the fish eggs on sushi.
Umeboshi.

It's sour salty kind of pickled plums... when someone says "plums" you expect sweet... they aren't horrible, but a bit alarming if you weren't expecting it. Nice when mixed with stuff, though.

But I'm from Australia... and we have this stuff called Vegemite, which I love, but most international folk hate... it's really salty yeast paste. It's the stuff that forms on the bottom of the barrel when making beer, allegedly, but they just make it now... it's great with margarine or butter in small amounts, but most people spread it on thick first off... That's the wrong thing to do!

Oh oh!

WHat about Durian... it's this large spiky fruit that you cut open... it's banned in most hotels in indonesia I believe, because of it's pungent smell... something akin to rotting onions.
KiriKami
Umeboshi.

It's sour salty kind of pickled plums... when someone says "plums" you expect sweet... they aren't horrible, but a bit alarming if you weren't expecting it. Nice when mixed with stuff, though.

Umeboshi is freaking awesome. :3
You just happened to get unlucky and get the sour kind. The sweet ones are more common though.I actually prefer the sour ones, yet even Japanese people think I'm weird. O_o

Umeboshi isn't supposed to be eaten alone it's supposed to be eaten with rice. That's probably why you got shocked by the sourness. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff