Welcome to Gaia! ::

Isn't i sad the way the Irish (Gaelic as some may call it) language has died out? crying I wish it was spoken again more fluently...
No body cares then!? crying
I know what you mean, but it hasn't 'died out'. There are still a fair amount of people speaking it, compared with other Celtic languages.
It would be nice if more people would speak it, though. It's one of the most beautiful languages I've ever heard.
Daionii
I know what you mean, but it hasn't 'died out'. There are still a fair amount of people speaking it, compared with other Celtic languages.
It would be nice if more people would speak it, though. It's one of the most beautiful languages I've ever heard.

It is still spoken in the west but not as the main languag, it's mainly English even there.. crying .
What do you mean by "Died out" its stil widely know. Just not widley used, like Latin or the abundance of those Slavic languages.
I Hotspot I
What do you mean by "Died out" its stil widely know. Just not widley used, like Latin or the abundance of those Slavic languages.

It's not spoken as our native language anymore, it is only spoken fluently in the west, but even there English is still the main spoken lanugage.
Not many Irish people can speak Irish fluently and with the exam system for it they have here, less and less people what to learn it..
Are you Irish then? Can you speak it at all?
crosstoe
Are you Irish then? Can you speak it at all?

Yes i am Irish and i can speak it, not completely fluently though.
I would love to learn Irish and am currently saving money, so I can either pay for the Rosetta Stone program or to take a class to learn Irish. I hope that we never know a time when the language dies completely. It may be severely wounded, but it's still very much alive. xd

Cuina Aiglos's Partner

Lupine Mage

Wished I can speak Irish sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out