• Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
Moi !

My finnish is rusty but I'll improve it *cough* sweatdrop
Nice to meet you hehe ~

Greedy Hunter

Whoa guys, you really put some life in this thread! biggrin

The Torture Device
Kiitos! Ja eipä tässä mitään ihmeellistä o: Mitäpäs sinä?

Olen lähdössä (osittain omatoimisesti) pidennetylle viikonlopulle. Kuulostaa muuten oikein mukavalta, mutta perillä odottaa läjä kurssikirjoja ja lähes täydellinen netittömyys... d:

`Johnny Christ
I've noticed that as well... Which isn't a bad thing... Cause both are awesome! Like you said biggrin It's much better than what America is known for LOL

Oh that's awesome! She is very lucky! I think it would be alot easier if I was around the language all of the time and had someone constantly speaking it to me... It was definitely much easier when I was younger... I learned Spanish in school and picked it up quite easily... Of course since I haven't used it at all in 20 years, all but a few bits and pieces have gone sad

Getting a native discussion partner to practice with ain't luckily all too tricky on modern times. I've seen people searching for Skype discussion partners via the forums and stuff. smile
But yeah, that requires some basic language skills to begin with.

If you started Spanish again I think you'd pick it up quick. smile

Snigelskit

Hello!
How did you learn Finnish/how much do you know? smile

Lonely Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
Gess Jahd

How did you learn Finnish/how much do you know? smile

I learnt finnish at school. My third language. I haven't been using my finnish so often so it's more like I understand it but I have a lot of grammar and speaking errors. sweatdrop

Revered Lunatic

22,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Gess Jahd

`Johnny Christ
I've noticed that as well... Which isn't a bad thing... Cause both are awesome! Like you said biggrin It's much better than what America is known for LOL

Oh that's awesome! She is very lucky! I think it would be alot easier if I was around the language all of the time and had someone constantly speaking it to me... It was definitely much easier when I was younger... I learned Spanish in school and picked it up quite easily... Of course since I haven't used it at all in 20 years, all but a few bits and pieces have gone sad

Getting a native discussion partner to practice with ain't luckily all too tricky on modern times. I've seen people searching for Skype discussion partners via the forums and stuff. smile
But yeah, that requires some basic language skills to begin with.

If you started Spanish again I think you'd pick it up quick. smile

Ahhh yes, I heard of this... I dunno how I would do with Skype, I never really used it before... Mainly because I have no camera or microphone LOL I was really hoping that Rosetta Stone would come out with a Finnish version already! smile

I think so as well... We have this really sweet older gentleman at my work that came over from Italy... He periodically gives me words to learn... It's pretty easy since Italian is pretty close to Spanish with some of the words smile

Timid Drake

Gess Jahd

Jasso, kuulostaa kivalta.. Mullakin on hommaa tekemättä kouluun, ja minä vaan istun tässä piirtämässä gonk Pitäisi varmaan kohta mennä jatkamaan, on tentti perjantaina.

Mun suomi on vähän huono kun en oo ikinä ollu suomessa koulussa. Minä vaan toivon että ymmärrät D:

Greedy Hunter

Whoa, got the net working even in here - the depths of forest. eek

Snigelskit
I learnt finnish at school. My third language. I haven't been using my finnish so often so it's more like I understand it but I have a lot of grammar and speaking errors. sweatdrop

Ahh, I see. That's pretty cool! smile
I have a similiar feeling with Swedish. I can understand most of it alright but producing is really tricky!

If you want to practice in here, feel free to. Mixing languages is alright too if you feel like it. ^^

`Johnny Christ
Ahhh yes, I heard of this... I dunno how I would do with Skype, I never really used it before... Mainly because I have no camera or microphone LOL I was really hoping that Rosetta Stone would come out with a Finnish version already! smile

I think so as well... We have this really sweet older gentleman at my work that came over from Italy... He periodically gives me words to learn... It's pretty easy since Italian is pretty close to Spanish with some of the words smile

I see, a lack of microphone can really be a problem with Skype calls. mrgreen
I really thought Rosetta Stone has had Finnish for years! I'm shocked! D:

That's really nice of him. I have always thought Italian is pronounced kinda funny (in a good way!).
And the similarity is no surprise noticing that they belong in the same language group. ^__^

The Torture Device

Jasso, kuulostaa kivalta.. Mullakin on hommaa tekemättä kouluun, ja minä vaan istun tässä piirtämässä gonk Pitäisi varmaan kohta mennä jatkamaan, on tentti perjantaina.

Mun suomi on vähän huono kun en oo ikinä ollu suomessa koulussa. Minä vaan toivon että ymmärrät D:

Ei ole ollut mitään ongelmia ymmärtää, enkä olisi huomannutkaan mitään erikoista, ellet olisi itse maininnut asiasta. Eli ei huolta! biggrin

Onko sulla kaksi äidinkieltä tai jokin vastaava tilanne? smile

Timid Drake

Gess Jahd

Ei ole ollut mitään ongelmia ymmärtää, enkä olisi huomannutkaan mitään erikoista, ellet olisi itse maininnut asiasta. Eli ei huolta! biggrin

Onko sulla kaksi äidinkieltä tai jokin vastaava tilanne? smile

Juu, minun ensi kieli oli suomi, mutta vain ensi kolme tai neljä vuotta. Sitten me muuteettiin ulkomaille ja siellä opin englantia koulussa. On hyvä että ymmärrät muuten, minä aina puhun ja luen suomalaisia kirjoja mutta en tiennyt miten minä kirjotan sitä.

Lonely Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
Gess Jahd

Ahh, I see. That's pretty cool! smile
I have a similiar feeling with Swedish. I can understand most of it alright but producing is really tricky!

If you want to practice in here, feel free to. Mixing languages is alright too if you feel like it. ^^

AAAAHH that would be great ~~ Thank you emotion_kirakira ~~
If I don't know the word in finnish I'll write it in english emotion_facepalm

Greedy Hunter

The Torture Device
Juu, minun ensi kieli oli suomi, mutta vain ensi kolme tai neljä vuotta. Sitten me muuteettiin ulkomaille ja siellä opin englantia koulussa. On hyvä että ymmärrät muuten, minä aina puhun ja luen suomalaisia kirjoja mutta en tiennyt miten minä kirjotan sitä.

Aa, okei! Minusta erilaiset monikieliset tilanteet ihmisillä ovat hirveän mielenkiintoisia! c:
Mistä tuleekin mieleen aiheeseen liittyen: on ihan järkyttävää, miten vieläkin on vallalla ajatus siitä, ettei ihminen voisi käyttää useita kieliä rinnakkain toimivasti ja joustavasti. Sellainen nationalismin ajan "yksi maa, yksi kieli" -tyyppinen ideologia. biggrin

Teillä vissiin kotona puhuttiin suomea ja muualla sitten muuta?

Snigelskit

AAAAHH that would be great ~~ Thank you emotion_kirakira ~~
If I don't know the word in finnish I'll write it in english emotion_facepalm

Yes, that's actually a good way to go with it - to use everything you know and then patch up with other language. You still get practise for the words you know and on the other hand the discussion partner can offer you the words you don't know yet. smile

Do you want replies in English or Finnish?
en tiiä teistä, mutta paljon englantia puhuvana, mulla aina joskus menee aivot narikkaan jonkun sanan kohdalla niin täytän sen sitten englannin kielisellä vastineella. Joskus harvoin jopa jollain muulla kielellä kuten japanilla.

Greedy Hunter

ValkohaiSandy
en tiiä teistä, mutta paljon englantia puhuvana, mulla aina joskus menee aivot narikkaan jonkun sanan kohdalla niin täytän sen sitten englannin kielisellä vastineella. Joskus harvoin jopa jollain muulla kielellä kuten japanilla.

Tapahtuu varmaan jokaiselle, kun käyttää pidemmän aikaa jotain kieltä intensiivisesti. lol
Aivot ei kuulemma erota eri kieliä omiin lokeroihinsa, vaan ne on siellä ikään kuin yhtenä suurena kielenä. Ei se ihmekään siis ole. smile

Kaikkia sanoja ei välttämättä myöskään pysty täsmällisesti kääntämään. Se on ärsyttävää toisinaan, etenkin kun yrittää selittää jotain abstraktimpaa, kuten tunnetta tai tunnelmaa. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff