Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Hunter

Inritus_v3

Glad to hear you enjoyed Finland and Finnish people!

And love knows no country borders - sometimes such a bothersome fact but a fact still. lol
Gess Jahd
Inritus_v3

Glad to hear you enjoyed Finland and Finnish people!

And love knows no country borders - sometimes such a bothersome fact but a fact still. lol

It's true. Unfortunately, we're breaking up tonight. But that has nothing to do with the distance, and we had a great amazing time together. Because of her I definitely got to know a lot about Finland too.

Greedy Hunter

Inritus_v3

I don't want to pry but it sounds like a common decision there, ehh?

Knowing about foreign countries, no matter which ones they are, always gives a bigger view for life. smile
Gess Jahd
Inritus_v3

I don't want to pry but it sounds like a common decision there, ehh?

Knowing about foreign countries, no matter which ones they are, always gives a bigger view for life. smile

It's true, I love traveling. Just last week I was in Ireland. Plus, I'm just interested in different cultures all over the world. Finland is my favorite country right now though.
What do you mean by common decision? Do you mean mutual?

Greedy Hunter

Inritus_v3

Yeah, mutual. Sorry for the sloppy word usage, haven't studied English for a year now so I don't pay enough attention anymore. sweatdrop

I want to visit Ireland so badly! Been pondering about trying to do an exchange year in there at some point of my studies.
Gess Jahd
Inritus_v3

Yeah, mutual. Sorry for the sloppy word usage, haven't studied English for a year now so I don't pay enough attention anymore. sweatdrop

I want to visit Ireland so badly! Been pondering about trying to do an exchange year in there at some point of my studies.

It's alright. Yeah it's a mutual decision more or less.
Ireland was very nice, the nature there is beautiful. It has lots of culture, and the Dutch and Irish share the same ancestors which is very interesting to me.

Bashful Lunatic

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Inritus_v3
Whimsical Bliss
Inritus_v3
Whimsical Bliss
Inritus_v3

I loved it. Lots of things to see there.

May I know what hotel you stayed in? I'd like to visit this hotel that has igloos! c:
Were you able to see the northern lights/aurora borealis? c: Do you plan to come back to Finland?

I probably will go there again one day.
And I actually didn't stay at a hotel, my girlfriend lives there so I stayed there with her.

Don't you live in the same country?

Nah, I live in the Netherlands.

Um, why is she far from you? :c

Greedy Hunter

Inritus_v3

I didn't know about your shared ancestors, I have to admit. I just know there's a ton of relations between European peoples. lol

Now I'm curious about the language relations though (they usually go hand in hand with the other kind of relations). Darn you linguistical interest!
Whimsical Bliss
Inritus_v3
Whimsical Bliss
Inritus_v3
Whimsical Bliss
Inritus_v3

I loved it. Lots of things to see there.

May I know what hotel you stayed in? I'd like to visit this hotel that has igloos! c:
Were you able to see the northern lights/aurora borealis? c: Do you plan to come back to Finland?

And I actually didn't stay at a hotel, my girlfriend lives there so I stayed there with her.

Not for any reason, we just happen to live in different places.
Gess Jahd
Inritus_v3

I didn't know about your shared ancestors, I have to admit. I just know there's a ton of relations between European peoples. lol

Now I'm curious about the language relations though (they usually go hand in hand with the other kind of relations). Darn you linguistical interest!

Well, in Ireland they speak two languages, they speak English and Irish. Irish is one of the most difficult languages that still exists and it has nearly no ties to any other language branch. And of course English is pretty closely related to Dutch so that makes sense.

Bashful Lunatic

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Inritus_v3
Whimsical Bliss
Inritus_v3
Whimsical Bliss
Inritus_v3

Awww :c I hope everything goes well for the two of you c:
Whimsical Bliss
Inritus_v3
Whimsical Bliss
Inritus_v3
Whimsical Bliss
Inritus_v3

Awww :c I hope everything goes well for the two of you c:

Well, like I said, we're breaking up tonight. But we're both leaving with some happy memories.

Greedy Hunter

Inritus_v3

Yeah, I know. Irish sounds really nice spoken and I used to want to learn it. Then I figured out no place in here teaches it so... sweatdrop

Very non-scientifically Dutch sounds to me like a mix of English, German and Danish. It's fun that I can read it a bit with absolutely no knowledge of the language, as long as I know the context and the text is as short as possible, haha. biggrin

President Pie

13,300 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
Just the thread I need biggrin I apologise for my lack of Finnish spoken, for I am even below a beginner xD However I have a few questions for anyone living in Finland if they will be prepared to help me c:

I am moving to Finland this year, in August, and I was wondering how hard it is to find a job? I have a place to stay sorted, but I don't fancy just sitting around doing nothing when I am capable of working! Failing that, is University hard to get into? And are there any courses taught in English?

I would also like to ask if you know of anyway I can learn Finnish, without it being too difficult, as I point blank refuse to go to a country and not speak the language, even if I speak in the most basic of terms.

Infact any general information would be handy biggrin !
Gess Jahd
Inritus_v3

Yeah, I know. Irish sounds really nice spoken and I used to want to learn it. Then I figured out no place in here teaches it so... sweatdrop

Very non-scientifically Dutch sounds to me like a mix of English, German and Danish. It's fun that I can read it a bit with absolutely no knowledge of the language, as long as I know the context and the text is as short as possible, haha. biggrin

Yeah, many people think Dutch sounds like a mix between English and German. It's funny you'd understand written Dutch, even if just a little. Do you understand Swedish too then? A lot of Finns do right?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff