Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tervetuloa suomalainen threadissa! // Welcome to the Finnish thread!

Suomeksi:User Image
Vaikka en ole suomalainen, haluaisin tehdä uuden ketjun, koska vanha ketjumme, The Finnish Guild, loppui. Täällä opetellaan suomea, puhutaan muiden kanssa äidinkielellä ja keskutellaan Suomesta, suomalaisuudesta ja kaikenlaisista muista asioista.
Tätä ketjua koskee yksi sääntö: spammaaminen on kiellettyä - se kuuluu Chatterboxiin.

In English:User Image
For those of you who don't understand Finnish. I'm basically just making this thread as a replacement of the old thread, which has died out, The Finnish Guild. This is a thread to learn Finnish, for Natives to speak their own language, talk about Finnish bands, and other things like that, etc. If you find any mistakes in my Finnish please tell me and correct it. Since, Finnish isn't my first language and I'm not good in it either. Only one rule: Spamming isn't allowed, go to the Chatterbox.

Thank to Lorelai the Flyer & Voyagerious for corrections!

User Image
I'm not Finnish, but I like da Juuuuussssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

That man's just so sexy... and cool and stuff. *sorry for flipin' out*
Schlotzenuhu
I'm not Finnish, but I like da Juuuuussssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

That man's just so sexy... and cool and stuff. *sorry for flipin' out*

Which Jussi? The one from The 69 Eyes, or the one from Uniklubi?
Btw, are you German?

Jolly Genius

20,825 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
Jazzy-Devine

Btw, are you German?

Yes, he is and he means Jussi Jaaskelainen. But I don't know if he still is goalkeeper of the finnish national soccer team.
Yona_Babe
Jazzy-Devine

Btw, are you German?

Yes, he is and he means Jussi Jaaskelainen. But I don't know if he still is goalkeeper of the finnish national soccer team.

I was thinking maybe he thought of a Jussi from a band...
Oops!

Shinx96's Boyfriend

Shameless Gawker

User ImageUser Image
I'm not Finnish but I want to learn the language!
o.o

And I love The 69 Eyes, Children of Bodom, HIM, Uniklubi, Ajattara, and The Rasmus.
>.>;
User Image User Image
D a i y a a
User ImageUser Image
I'm not Finnish but I want to learn the language!
o.o

And I love The 69 Eyes, Children of Bodom, HIM, Uniklubi, Ajattara, and The Rasmus.
>.>;
User Image User Image

I like all those, save Children of Bodom. I still like listening to a few of their songs too. It's just not an artist I'd want a whole album from. Are you from the US? ^^ I'm from the US. Btw, Finnish is not hard...well, it's a hard language to not make mistakes, but it's easy to learn. No one believes me on this. But, the pronunciation is so strait-forward, and so is the grammar. There're hardly ever any exceptions to the rules.

Shinx96's Boyfriend

Shameless Gawker

User ImageUser Image
I'm from the U.S. Yes.
From New Orleans. ^^
Yeah everyone said Finnish is really hard. But I want to learn it because it's a beautiful language and I love how it's written.
User Image User Image
I'm sorry to tell you this but that Finnish version of the introduction just made me go burning_eyes , so I'll make some corrections to that if you don't mind... The things in braces are some notes.

Suomeksi:
Vaikka minä en ole suomalainen, haluaisin tehdä uuden threadin (I don't know wtf a thread is in Finnish...), koska vanha threadimme The Finnish Guild lopppui. Tässä on threadi jossa opetellaan suomea, puhutaan muiden kanssa äidinkielillä, puhutaan suomalaisista bändeistä, urkitaan ehkä aina tietoja sun ex-tyttöystävästä (why exactly do you want to know something about somebodys ex-girlfriend?) tai toisia asioita. Jos minun suomenkieleni on huonoa, pyydä minua korjaamaan sitä. Täällä on vain yksi sääntö: Spammaaminen on ehdottomasti kiellettyä ja joutuu Chatterboxiin.

It might not be perfect (Finnish grammar is a nightmare even if you speak the language fluently and my computer doesn't have spell-check in Finnish), but worth a shot anyway.
I speak Finnish with my mum and I've been studying it in school for 7 years now, and I don't master it too well, so I just go by what sounds somewhat good...
But as you said pronouncing stuff is very easy in Finnish as soon as you get it.

About the bands Nightwish, Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius are some great bands too. Though I don't know if you can count Nightwish as Finnish any more because their new singer is from Sweden...
Lorelai the Flyer
I'm sorry to tell you this but that Finnish version of the introduction just made me go burning_eyes , so I'll make some corrections to that if you don't mind... The things in braces are some notes.

Suomeksi:
Vaikka minä en ole suomalainen, haluaisin tehdä uuden threadin (I don't know wtf a thread is in Finnish...), koska vanha threadimme The Finnish Guild lopppui. Tässä on threadi jossa opetellaan suomea, puhutaan muiden kanssa äidinkielillä, puhutaan suomalaisista bändeistä, urkitaan ehkä aina tietoja sun ex-tyttöystävästä (why exactly do you want to know something about somebodys ex-girlfriend?) tai toisia asioita. Jos minun suomenkieleni on huonoa, pyydä minua korjaamaan sitä. Täällä on vain yksi sääntö: Spammaaminen on ehdottomasti kiellettyä ja joutuu Chatterboxiin.

It might not be perfect (Finnish grammar is a nightmare even if you speak the language fluently and my computer doesn't have spell-check in Finnish), but worth a shot anyway.
I speak Finnish with my mum and I've been studying it in school for 7 years now, and I don't master it too well, so I just go by what sounds somewhat good...
But as you said pronouncing stuff is very easy in Finnish as soon as you get it.

About the bands Nightwish, Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius are some great bands too. Though I don't know if you can count Nightwish as Finnish any more because their new singer is from Sweden...

Wah, thanks for the corrections. I'm a little embarrassed now. redface
I started learning Finnish when I was 13 and learned for a year and a few months then I pretty much quit and just learn stuff every great once in a while. So, yeah, my Finnish is really horrible. XD But, btw, you corrected some stuff that was just slang, and shortenings and they weren't mistakes, but that's okay...

Oh, and the girlfriend thing is about 'spying/stalking', I just wanted to put something weird. xD
I can erase it, I guess..
Hey, I'm from England but I really want to go to Finland sometime in the future. I just love the music scene from there! Most of my favorite bands come from there.

So, if I came over there, where would the best place to go be?
sacred_desires
Hey, I'm from England but I really want to go to Finland sometime in the future. I just love the music scene from there! Most of my favorite bands come from there.

So, if I came over there, where would the best place to go be?

I've never been to Finland, of course. But, you could try some of the rock festivals in the summer.
Like provinssirock and ruisrock! ^^ (sorry if I spelled them wrong)
User Image

Hah! I have the Finnish Flag as my desktop background. xP

I tried learning Finnish, but I can't do it without some sort of book and/or audio to help me. And it's hard to grasp if you've nowhere to use it. sweatdrop But I do want to travel around Europe, Finland being the one I want to go to the most. It just seems so cool due to the landscape and history. I also love the heavy metal that comes from there as well. :O

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces