12,025 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85

Which animus do you like the best?

The opera house in Sydney was made by a Danish architect as well (and that was all the architectual knowledge Adam had about Denmark razz ). I must admit that architecture is not my strong side, but it sounds interesting. Any buildings you like in particular?

What does this pastry look like?

The latest anime I watched was Attack on Titan, I usually get bored with very long running animes.
I also liked Midori no Hobo and Angel Beats!. Anime movies by Miyazaki are my loves too!

Yes. The Sydney Opera House was designed by Jørn Utzon, his approach in Architecture is known as Critical Regionalism which in a sentence can be told as :"Act Globally, Think Locally."
His other praised work is Bagsværd Church. He has also a build a bank in Iran, the design were inspired by the traditional bazaars. It's really beautiful.

BTW can you help me with the pronunciation of those Danish names, I just want to be sure if I pronounce them correctly. Jørn Utzon, Bagsværd, Bjarke Ingles,...! Thanks! wink

here you go!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Those look nice ^^ can you send me some? razz

I was pretty disappointed with Attack on Titan, probably mostly due to the hype. The show was okay, but nowhere near as good as some make it out to be. I like most films by Miyazaki, but I never understood the liking for My Neighbour Totoro.

That sounds pretty cool even though I am not normally interested in buildings, unless they are really special like the Eiffel Tower, cathedrals, castles and such things.

Well, you wrote them correctly - I do not know how you pronounce verbally though.

Hehe! I would send them if it was possible. XD

Umm I think Attack on Titan was okay. But I am with you on Totoro, it was really boring. Miazaki had much better films, I also like Isao Takahata's Hotari no haka.

I know that Danish J is pronounced like English Y but I am not sure about ø, is it like English O? and also What's æ? is it like a short a?

Welcoming Elder

16,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85

Which animus do you like the best?

The opera house in Sydney was made by a Danish architect as well (and that was all the architectual knowledge Adam had about Denmark razz ). I must admit that architecture is not my strong side, but it sounds interesting. Any buildings you like in particular?

What does this pastry look like?

The latest anime I watched was Attack on Titan, I usually get bored with very long running animes.
I also liked Midori no Hobo and Angel Beats!. Anime movies by Miyazaki are my loves too!

Yes. The Sydney Opera House was designed by Jørn Utzon, his approach in Architecture is known as Critical Regionalism which in a sentence can be told as :"Act Globally, Think Locally."
His other praised work is Bagsværd Church. He has also a build a bank in Iran, the design were inspired by the traditional bazaars. It's really beautiful.

BTW can you help me with the pronunciation of those Danish names, I just want to be sure if I pronounce them correctly. Jørn Utzon, Bagsværd, Bjarke Ingles,...! Thanks! wink

here you go!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Those look nice ^^ can you send me some? razz

I was pretty disappointed with Attack on Titan, probably mostly due to the hype. The show was okay, but nowhere near as good as some make it out to be. I like most films by Miyazaki, but I never understood the liking for My Neighbour Totoro.

That sounds pretty cool even though I am not normally interested in buildings, unless they are really special like the Eiffel Tower, cathedrals, castles and such things.

Well, you wrote them correctly - I do not know how you pronounce verbally though.

Hehe! I would send them if it was possible. XD

Umm I think Attack on Titan was okay. But I am with you on Totoro, it was really boring. Miazaki had much better films, I also like Isao Takahata's Hotari no haka.

I know that Danish J is pronounced like English Y but I am not sure about ø, is it like English O? and also What's æ? is it like a short a?

The animation was good and it had some funny characters, but I was so so bored and it felt so dull and numb. Can you mention one good movie within the "slice of life" genre?
I have not seen or heard about the other one you mentioned - is that Miyazaki too?

We have Æ, Ø and Å as more special characters and they were added because the person who came up with them, wanted letters for all of the sounds we use when speaking, so there is really no equivalent to them, sorry.

Noble Citizen

12,025 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
Israfel85

The animation was good and it had some funny characters, but I was so so bored and it felt so dull and numb. Can you mention one good movie within the "slice of life" genre?
I have not seen or heard about the other one you mentioned - is that Miyazaki too?

We have Æ, Ø and Å as more special characters and they were added because the person who came up with them, wanted letters for all of the sounds we use when speaking, so there is really no equivalent to them, sorry.

Mhm.
Hotaru no haka (Grave of fireflies) is a masterpiece , absolutely mesmerizing and really sad created by Isao Takahata. Another good movie by him is Whisper of Heart.

Oh I see, thanks though.

so how much do you know about Iran and Persians?

Welcoming Elder

16,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Campaign Manager 500
Puuya
Israfel85

Mhm.
Hotaru no haka (Grave of fireflies) is a masterpiece , absolutely mesmerizing and really sad created by Isao Takahata. Another good movie by him is Whisper of Heart.

Oh I see, thanks though.

Ohhhhhhh, I have heard of it, but sadly never seen it. One of the best of his films, I think, is Mononoke Hime.

No problem - feel free to ask if you have other questions :3

Pretty much...well...nothing I guess.

Noble Citizen

12,025 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85

Mhm.

Oh I see, thanks though.

Ohhhhhhh, I have heard of it, but sadly never seen it. One of the best of his films, I think, is Mononoke Hime.

You should see it, it's amazing.
Yeah I like Mononoke-hime too! Deep story and every story about environment is awesome!

Welcoming Elder

16,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Campaign Manager 500
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85

Mhm.

Oh I see, thanks though.

Yeah I like Mononoke-hime too! Deep story and every story about environment is awesome!

'Can you recommend any animes for me? Someone recommended Sword Art Online, but I was 2 episodes in and I hated both Asuna and the main character (whatever his name was).

Noble Citizen

12,025 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85

Mhm.

Oh I see, thanks though.

'Can you recommend any animes for me? Someone recommended Sword Art Online, but I was 2 episodes in and I hated both Asuna and the main character (whatever his name was).

Sword art online was meh, I, too , only watched two episodes.

Gunslinger girls, Midori days, Ergo Proxy, Blood Lad, Blood+, Anaza....

Welcoming Elder

16,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Campaign Manager 500
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85

Mhm.

Oh I see, thanks though.

I have Gunslinger Girls on DVD, but oddly enough I never actually watched it razz

Ergo Proxy I watched a few episodes at to a convention, but I didn't like it.

fWhat are the others about?

Noble Citizen

12,025 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85

I have Gunslinger Girls on DVD, but oddly enough I never actually watched it razz

Haha I see, I also have some anime on DVD but never watched. XD

Unn They all have a horror theme. Some monster killing people anime. xD

Welcoming Elder

16,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Campaign Manager 500
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85

Not really my kind of genre I must admit...

Noble Citizen

12,025 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85

Can you recommend me some animes?!

Welcoming Elder

16,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Campaign Manager 500
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85

Easily, I have quite a few on DVD:

Kare Kano
Serial Experiments Lain
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Excel Saga
Noir
Chobits
FLCL
Silverfang
Azumanga Daioh
Now and Then, Here and There
Voices of Distant Star (movie)

Noble Citizen

12,025 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85

Kare Kano
Serial Experiments Lain
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Excel Saga
Noir
Chobits
FLCL
Silverfang
Azumanga Daioh

Oh thanks! Which ones are your favorite?

Welcoming Elder

16,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Campaign Manager 500
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85

Kare Kano
Serial Experiments Lain
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Excel Saga
Noir
Chobits
FLCL
Silverfang
Azumanga Daioh

I have always had NGE as my favourite - the first series I bought as well. So pretty much it is still my favourite out of nostalgia I think.
Do you have a favourite animu?

Noble Citizen

12,025 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Gaian 50
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85
Puuya
Israfel85

Kare Kano
Serial Experiments Lain
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Excel Saga
Noir
Chobits
FLCL
Silverfang
Azumanga Daioh

I have always had NGE as my favourite - the first series I bought as well. So pretty much it is still my favourite out of nostalgia I think.
Do you have a favourite animu?

I will give it a shot then.

My favorite anime is Angel BEats! although it's not so good but I like watching it, especially because of it's music.!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff