Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Explorer

Difficult! Can someone please teach me Mandarin or Cantonese? whee I have a special someone I would love to surprise heart

Dangerous Darling

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
Well, it really can be rather difficult for those who don't speak it as a native language. I'm Chinese myself, and I've seen quite a few of my classmates struggling with the class offered at my school. I would be happy to teach you the language. Of course, it's been more than ten years since I permanantly moved to the US, but I still speak it fluently enough to be a tutor.

Ruthless Hunter

yeah sure~
I've actually taught 3rd grade students & I tutor a bunch of people at school for it. Plus I do a lot of translation stuff for my uncle's company ^^

Newbie Explorer

Viral_Catastrophe
Well, it really can be rather difficult for those who don't speak it as a native language. I'm Chinese myself, and I've seen quite a few of my classmates struggling with the class offered at my school. I would be happy to teach you the language. Of course, it's been more than ten years since I permanantly moved to the US, but I still speak it fluently enough to be a tutor.

Wo keyi shuo yi dian er zhong wen, danshi wo bu zhidao hen duo. See it's like broken Chinese, I studied for a year and a half so I know some basics. Thank you so much, I hope it's not a bother.

Newbie Explorer

Chunface
yeah sure~
I've actually taught 3rd grade students & I tutor a bunch of people at school for it. Plus I do a lot of translation stuff for my uncle's company ^^

Thank you so much, I feel like a little kid now. But I know it will be a while until I can hold a proper conversation, because it's not my first language. I hope you don't mind, but this makes me so happy! Really translation fora company, you must me really advanced!

Ruthless Hunter

Mallophe

It's no problem ^^
Ahaha I guess so, but I think it's better to know how to actually converse than it is to know big words. Personally, I'd rather know how to say 'where's the bathroom' than 'quantum mechanics' or something when learning a language xD

Newbie Explorer

Chunface
Mallophe

It's no problem ^^
Ahaha I guess so, but I think it's better to know how to actually converse than it is to know big words. Personally, I'd rather know how to say 'where's the bathroom' than 'quantum mechanics' or something when learning a language xD

How should we study and when time do you have time? ^^

Ruthless Hunter

Mallophe

Ahahah I'm basicaly always free unless I have to do papers for school or something.
Um... I have basically every social networking thing you can think of, including all the asian ones...
if you have a kakao, I use that a lot...

Newbie Explorer

Chunface
Mallophe

Ahahah I'm basicaly always free unless I have to do papers for school or something.
Um... I have basically every social networking thing you can think of, including all the asian ones...
if you have a kakao, I use that a lot...

Well I don't have kakao,so I think that I'll just talk to you here on Gaia. What grade are you in?

Ruthless Hunter

Mallophe

that works too.
Senior in HS
you?

Newbie Explorer

I attended a private university, but I had to transfer to community college due to financial issues. Not sure what my major will be once I transfer to a public though.

Dangerous Darling

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
Mallophe
Viral_Catastrophe

Wo keyi shuo yi dian er zhong wen, danshi wo bu zhidao hen duo. See it's like broken Chinese, I studied for a year and a half so I know some basics. Thank you so much, I hope it's not a bother.

Whoops, couldn't get back to you at all yesterday. Way too busy.
Well, your basics seem to be deadon just from that one sentence. But I have to ask you this. How good are you at reading and writing Chinese characters? Because while your pinying is very good, you should also know how to type, write and read simplified characters. (Unless you're going to Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macau, you shouldn't bother with traditional. And most people who first learn simplified can take a few good stabs at traditional anyway. It's just a bunch of extra strokes.)

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
Jajajajajaj Jajajajajaja
Viral_Catastrophe
Mallophe
Viral_Catastrophe

Whoops, couldn't get back to you at all yesterday. Way too busy.
Well, your basics seem to be deadon just from that one sentence. But I have to ask you this. How good are you at reading and writing Chinese characters? Because while your pinying is very good, you should also know how to type, write and read simplified characters. (Unless you're going to Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macau, you shouldn't bother with traditional. And most people who first learn simplified can take a few good stabs at traditional anyway. It's just a bunch of extra strokes.)

It's much easier to go from learning tradition to learning simplified. Going the other way around is a massive headache, I heard.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff