brit 0.50675138999206 50.7% [ 638 ]
Total Votes:[ 1259 ]

10,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Her Silhouette
Phrozen Pikachu

Errrr, whats the difference in degrees celsius than farenheit sweatdrop .

Well if you want a weather change uk is the place xD.

Oop, sorry. Originally I put C in there, but my friend from Brighton always is like "We use both Farenheit and Celsius so you don't need to tell me in Celsius talk2hand " Haha. <3

It's been about 21 C lately. Not too hot but still rather warm for January.

Woah thats hot, we get happy when we hit double digits here. Usually it ranges from 11-19c

Melodious Lunatic

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Phrozen Pikachu
Her Silhouette
Phrozen Pikachu

Oop, sorry. Originally I put C in there, but my friend from Brighton always is like "We use both Farenheit and Celsius so you don't need to tell me in Celsius talk2hand " Haha. <3

Woah thats hot, we get happy when we hit double digits here. Usually it ranges from 11-19c

Cambridge hit just over 30 C over the summer for a few days. It was unpleasant.
My dad travels to the states alot (usually DC) and says the main difference is that in the states where it is often warm everywhere is airconditioned, in the uk...not so much.

Also no snow or rain in Lancaster today, bit colder than the past few days though.

Dangerous Loiterer

Bohemian_Scara
Phrozen Pikachu
Her Silhouette
Phrozen Pikachu

My dad travels to the states alot (usually DC) and says the main difference is that in the states where it is often warm everywhere is airconditioned, in the uk...not so much.

Also no snow or rain in Lancaster today, bit colder than the past few days though.
Not to mention that our buildings are meant to keep heat in rather than let it out as American houses do.

Melodious Lunatic

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Caerthakatha
Bohemian_Scara
Phrozen Pikachu
Her Silhouette
Phrozen Pikachu

Not to mention that our buildings are meant to keep heat in rather than let it out as American houses do.

Dunno, my 1920's high on a hill terraced house is pretty damn good at letting the heat out and the cold in. Not to mention the horrible issue the entire city has with black mould and mildew due to it having a micro climate of constant humid drizzle, thanks gulf stream combined with ickle bay and the Penines.

Dangerous Loiterer

Bohemian_Scara
Caerthakatha
Bohemian_Scara
Phrozen Pikachu
Her Silhouette
Phrozen Pikachu

Dunno, my 1920's high on a hill terraced house is pretty damn good at letting the heat out and the cold in. Not to mention the horrible issue the entire city has with black mould and mildew due to it having a micro climate of constant humid drizzle, thanks gulf stream combined with ickle bay and the Penines.
But you compare that to American houses, and there's a massive difference with the thickness of the walls and the prevalence of double-glazing. Sort of like the ridiculous numbers of doors some American houses have because of hurricanes and the like.

Melodious Lunatic

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Caerthakatha
But you compare that to American houses, and there's a massive difference with the thickness of the walls and the prevalence of double-glazing. Sort of like the ridiculous numbers of doors some American houses have because of hurricanes and the like.

That's true, whereas my rented house is just poorly constructed due to the era and location of construction. Also you get gaps between walls in some houses in the states that are essentially crawl spaces between walls and in the foundations, which I find a little creepy.

Dangerous Loiterer

Bohemian_Scara
Caerthakatha

That's true, whereas my rented house is just poorly constructed due to the era and location of construction. Also you get gaps between walls in some houses in the states that are essentially crawl spaces between walls and in the foundations, which I find a little creepy.
It always creeps me out with the decking underneath American houses where wild animals and people could easily fit and get you as you come down the patio steps. D:

Kiahpup's Secret Admirer

Anxious Phantom

It's true, haha. =u= Though I swear to god my friend's house in Liverpool was the draftiest, coldest house I've ever been in. I slept under two duvets wearing pants and a hoodie the whole time I was there. That was also the winter where there was a lot of snow though, so the weather was pretty terrible in her houses defense. It was quite toasty when I was there a few weeks ago, so the snow probably made a difference.

Here it gets between 35 C and up to 43 C on realllllly hot days, so that air conditioner is important. My friends and I did a 6 hour drive from south California back up to north California in 104 (40 C) degree weather with no air conditioning in the car and I think that's the closest I have ever come to heat stroke in my life. >___>;

Caerthakatha: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah we had skunks living under my aunt's porch out in the country for a while. The sound of skunks mating is one of the scariest sounds in nature, just fyi. emotion_donotwant

Dangerous Loiterer

Oh god, animal sounds at night are terrifying. Practically all the areas around Sherwood are just fields, so we get sheep, foxes, owls, cats, dogs, bats, ravens and the occasional weasel all making constant sounds. And now there's the robins and blackbirds joining in singing in the early hours. Owls and foxes sound so much like people screaming.

I'm really not cut out for warm weather. I went to Chichen Itza last year and had to be assisted by a troupe of friendly lesbians because I nearly fainted going down a slope. I could feel my skin burning through my clothes. But then, I've also fainted from heat before in September in the UK, so I'm not the best example of how hot it was in Mexico while I was there. D:

Kiahpup's Secret Admirer

Anxious Phantom

Caerthakatha
Oh god, animal sounds at night are terrifying. Practically all the areas around Sherwood are just fields, so we get sheep, foxes, owls, cats, dogs, bats, ravens and the occasional weasel all making constant sounds. And now there's the robins and blackbirds joining in singing in the early hours. Owls and foxes sound so much like people screaming.

I'm really not cut out for warm weather. I went to Chichen Itza last year and had to be assisted by a troupe of friendly lesbians because I nearly fainted going down a slope. I could feel my skin burning through my clothes. But then, I've also fainted from heat before in September in the UK, so I'm not the best example of how hot it was in Mexico while I was there. D:

Ugh tell me about it. I think there were also peacocks or something out in the orchard and I swear in the distance they sound like someone going "heeeeelp. heeeeelp." e.o

Oh no, you poor thing. :c Did you have fun there at least? Chichen Itza always seemed like an amazing place to visit.

Dangerous Loiterer

Her Silhouette
Caerthakatha

Ugh tell me about it. I think there were also peacocks or something out in the orchard and I swear in the distance they sound like someone going "heeeeelp. heeeeelp." e.o

Oh no, you poor thing. :c Did you have fun there at least? Chichen Itza always seemed like an amazing place to visit.
Peacocks are pretty but so evil. >8U

Yeah, it was great, apart from the heat. I enjoyed Mexico far more than I've enjoyed some other places I've been to see historical sites, such as Egypt.

Melodious Lunatic

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Caerthakatha
Her Silhouette
Caerthakatha

Peacocks are pretty but so evil. >8U

Yeah, it was great, apart from the heat. I enjoyed Mexico far more than I've enjoyed some other places I've been to see historical sites, such as Egypt.

Peacocks are evil, such a memorable racket they make. They are also not the friendliest of birds but they nothing compared to the lump of vicious evil that is a lamentation (that's the term I checked) of swans, especially with teenage cygnets.

10,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
apparently some strong winds will be occuring tomorrow o.0

Kiahpup's Secret Admirer

Anxious Phantom

*Backflips in.*

Sounds like... KITE FLYING WEATHER!

(Fyi it's still sunny here. Forever. emotion_donotwant )

So, get to know you question: are any of you students? What's your major? If not, what do you do for a living? c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff