Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been getting some mail about going on these programs to Australia, Europe, China, DC, etc. And I was wondering if someone else has gone to these programs and what was the experience like. Or maybe you just live outside the states and could tell me about your daily life?

Well first off, I got an invitation to People to People Student Ambassador Programs and to Global Young Leaders Conference.

And uhh, I live in Florida and our education system isn't the best thing ever. We have the lowest funding for education in the states. (Probably because we have a lot of retired people. xD) I do go to a pretty decent highschool which takes up most of my time with homework.

Shinx96's Boyfriend

Shameless Gawker

User ImageUser Image
I wish I could have gone. I got invites to China, France, Japan, etc.
D;
User Image User Image
A friend of mine did two of the People-to-People exchanges: Australia & China.

He had a fantastic time, met heaps of awesome people & they're some of his best memories. They can be a bit pricy, but for the opportunity to go to China... with the political climate being what it is right now? Who knows when Americans shall be allowed in again? The education level of the individual isn't taken into regard on these things, I don't think.

Take it while you can.

but if you're serious about seeing the world, do some research about the other programmes. Several have scholarships, I'm sure. (if money's an issue.)

Aged Explorer

5,600 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
I've travelled twice as Student Ambassador with People to People. The first time was to Western Europe and the second was to Japan. Both were completely amazing! I learned so much. And there are a lot of opportunities available through these trips that you probably wouldn't have with other travel programs. You get to meet a lot of people, both in your delegation and in the countries you visit. I still talk to my home-stay mother from Japan and the trip was several years ago.

Take the opportunity while you can. The price is worth it for everything that you do on the trips. And if money is an issue, there are a lot of fundraising programs available to student ambassadors.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff