Welcome to Gaia! ::

Christ Condemned
Wow, I never knew the Irish spoke another language, I thought they spoke english! Jeez... I'm an idiot. Well now I know biggrin

Only about a couple of thousand people (I'm not exactly sure how many) actually speak the language. The rest of us are just forced to learn it in school and it's ******** horrible.
Xenos Eriadin
Christ Condemned
Wow, I never knew the Irish spoke another language, I thought they spoke english! Jeez... I'm an idiot. Well now I know biggrin

Only about a couple of thousand people (I'm not exactly sure how many) actually speak the language. The rest of us are just forced to learn it in school and it's ******** horrible.

You don't like it eh?? lYeah I hate the stupid way we have to learn it in school but the language on it's own is nice it think!

Fashionable Shapeshifter

I don't speak it

but I am Irish 3nodding

Dangerous Lunatic

meh who cares biggrin no one knows it exeopt in those guelsumting schools and areas User Image
I want to learn to speak Gealic / Gelaeig (is that how it's spelled? Probably not....) so badly! I want to be able to speak that and German... and sign language.... yay trilingualism!!!

Anyone know where I'm most likely to be able to learn?
Druid_Fox
I want to learn to speak Gealic / Gelaeig (is that how it's spelled? Probably not....) so badly! I want to be able to speak that and German... and sign language.... yay trilingualism!!!

The West of Ireland is your best bet i'd say!
OMG_om num num
meh who cares biggrin no one knows it exeopt in those guelsumting schools and areas User Image
Gaeltacht?

Gaeilge orthography is pretty hard to get used to. I don't suppose it's any worse than English orthography though, aside from that I'm familiar with English. I'd really like to learn the language some day, but it doesn't seem like that will be possible for me without formal lessons.

Feral Shapeshifter

Druid_Fox

If I knew you in person, I could give you a sign language lesson... but it's kinda hard to do that over the internet. sweatdrop
Druid_Fox

Aran Islands, they still speak Gaelic between each other and that's where most of my family went to learn Gaelic. I think they have summer language camps.
metarukaze
Druid_Fox

If I knew you in person, I could give you a sign language lesson... but it's kinda hard to do that over the internet. sweatdrop

^^ Yeah, that might prove a bit awkward...

and thanks Inspector and Princess, I'll definitely have to check that out one day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff