Welcome to Gaia! ::

VonVix
I'm in Dublin myself.

I never enjoyed learning Irish in a school setting. Surprisingly enough I learnt more Irish from some of my relatives than I ever did in school.

Cool, so am i!! ^^ I hate learning Irish in school, but i do love the language... Its annoying how they teach it in schools... its the standard of the English exam just in Irish!!

Sparkly Cat

12,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Princess Ballet Tutu
VonVix
I'm in Dublin myself.

I never enjoyed learning Irish in a school setting. Surprisingly enough I learnt more Irish from some of my relatives than I ever did in school.

Cool, so am i!! ^^ I hate learning Irish in school, but i do love the language... Its annoying how they teach it in schools... its the standard of the English exam just in Irish!!

Sweet! whee heart

Yeah, I agree with you on all points. I love the language as well.
VonVix
Princess Ballet Tutu
VonVix
I'm in Dublin myself.

Sweet! whee heart

This is so cool! I didn't know anyone on gaia who is Irish, who's not one of my school friends!! xd
Princess Ballet Tutu
Laurraxo
Dia dhuit.

Nice to see this thread, but unfortunately I am terrible at Irish. I have been learning it most of my life and I still don't have a clue. sad It's a shame really.

Slán. biggrin

Oh, so does that mean your from Ireland too? Yeah i dunno much Irish either, but i like to speak what i know!! ^^

I am indeed. Down south, I'll let you guess where from. wink But yeah, I would like it if I could speak a bit of it.

Think about Des Bishop, if you have heard of him. He learned Irish in a few months and he can basically say more then myself. He didn't learn it from a book, so I think that's why. He's even American. That says something about the way they teach it here.
Laurraxo
Princess Ballet Tutu
Laurraxo
Dia dhuit.

Nice to see this thread, but unfortunately I am terrible at Irish. I have been learning it most of my life and I still don't have a clue. sad It's a shame really.

Slán. biggrin

Oh, so does that mean your from Ireland too? Yeah i dunno much Irish either, but i like to speak what i know!! ^^

I am indeed. Down south, I'll let you guess where from. wink But yeah, I would like it if I could speak a bit of it.

Think about Des Bishop, if you have heard of him. He learned Irish in a few months and he can basically say more then myself. He didn't learn it from a book, so I think that's why. He's even American. That says something about the way they teach it here.

Yeah,the Irish system ain't so good, it would be better just to go to the gealtacht and learn there, rather than read how to speak and understand a language from a book...
My guess would be you live in Down... but that's north (confusing), or Cork maybe?!
Princess Ballet Tutu
Laurraxo
Princess Ballet Tutu
Laurraxo
Dia dhuit.

Slán. biggrin

Yeah,the Irish system ain't so good, it would be better just to go to the gealtacht and learn there, rather than read how to speak and understand a language from a book...
My guess would be you live in Down... but that's north (confusing), or Cork maybe?!

A neighbour of Cork, close though. lol
Laurraxo
Princess Ballet Tutu
Laurraxo
Princess Ballet Tutu
Laurraxo
Dia dhuit.

Slán. biggrin

A neighbour of Cork, close though. lol

Kerry?!
Princess Ballet Tutu

Kerry?!

On the right. wink

Lily-livered Cutie-Pie

8,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
No but would love to learn. I am mostly Irish and want to live in Ireland someday. So hopefully I can learn it somehow lol.

Sparkly Cat

12,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Princess Ballet Tutu
VonVix
Princess Ballet Tutu
VonVix
I'm in Dublin myself.

Sweet! whee heart

This is so cool! I didn't know anyone on gaia who is Irish, who's not one of my school friends!! xd

There are plenty of us around, I guess we are just a little hard to come by. xd Nice to see a fellow Dub here, though!

@Laurraxo ~ Aww, I was hoping you were from Kerry. gonk
VonVix

Ah, I don't think I have even ever been to Kerry. Btw love your avatar.

A clue if you haven't already made it out - We lost the All Ireland this year by a mile. Shame really. sad Sad day.
Laurraxo
Princess Ballet Tutu

Kerry?!

On the right. wink

I am utterly USELESS at Irish county's!! So I'm just gonna give up before i say something stupid like are you from Donegal?? .. Oh crap i just said it... stressed .. lol!! xd
Laurraxo
VonVix

Ah, I don't think I have even ever been to Kerry. Btw love your avatar.

A clue if you haven't already made it out - We lost the All Ireland this year by a mile. Shame really. sad Sad day.

I'm bad at that too... sad .. I love your avi btw!!
Wow, I never knew the Irish spoke another language, I thought they spoke english! Jeez... I'm an idiot. Well now I know biggrin
Christ Condemned
Wow, I never knew the Irish spoke another language, I thought they spoke english! Jeez... I'm an idiot. Well now I know biggrin

Irish is great... It's the English fault was speak only English no tho... stare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces