Welcome to Gaia! ::

Explorer

moon light dreamer11
Heyy_mikey
lol no im from illinois

What kind of elementary school in America requires a second language? Why don't more do this??? gonk gonk gonk

they don't offer second languages at elementary schools in america? D:
is it required to learn a second language at some point?

Benevolent Reveler

Elegant Elliephant
moon light dreamer11
Heyy_mikey
lol no im from illinois

What kind of elementary school in America requires a second language? Why don't more do this??? gonk gonk gonk

Where are you from?
Not at any school I have heard of but that guy was at private schools I am from public schools. I have made it all through the school system without a second language they don't make you learn them they replace that requirement with some form of art.

Explorer

moon light dreamer11
Elegant Elliephant
moon light dreamer11
Heyy_mikey
lol no im from illinois

Where are you from?
Not at any school I have heard of but that guy was at private schools I am from public schools. I have made it all through the school system without a second language they don't make you learn them they replace that requirement with some form of art.

canada. i'm originally from quebec and i believe i started english in... second grade?
i moved to alberta a few years ago. i think it's mandatory to take french grade 4-8 here. then you can choose to switch languages.
the school i go to, you can't graduate without a second language unless you're in an adapted program.
there's also a lot of french immersion programs at elementary schools here.

wow. do post secondaries look if you've taken a second language?

Benevolent Reveler

Elegant Elliephant
moon light dreamer11
Elegant Elliephant
moon light dreamer11
Heyy_mikey
lol no im from illinois

Where are you from?

canada. i'm originally from quebec and i believe i started english in... second grade?
i moved to alberta a few years ago. i think it's mandatory to take french grade 4-8 here. then you can choose to switch languages.
the school i go to, you can't graduate without a second language unless you're in an adapted program.
there's also a lot of french immersion programs at elementary schools here.

wow. do post secondaries look if you've taken a second language?

Nice! I hear a lot of nice things about Canada. Wonderful country.
Nope. A lot of people take two years anyway but I know a lot of people who have never taken a language class ever.

Explorer

moon light dreamer11
Nope. A lot of people take two years anyway but I know a lot of people who have never taken a language class ever.

there are some downsides though. everything's more expensive here.
my mom use to do grocery shopping in the states when we lived near the border lol.
but i guess the system overall is pretty nice. i'm really grateful because i've visited my parent's home country before.
they don't even have real toilets over there.

lucky, lucky, lucky. i think the hardest part is learning to pronounce/speak another language.
some sounds... are really hard. like the "th" sound in english. can't figure that out.
i just get tongued tied and people make fun of me when i try >.<

Benevolent Reveler

Elegant Elliephant
moon light dreamer11

my mom use to do grocery shopping in the states when we lived near the border lol.
but i guess the system overall is pretty nice. i'm really grateful because i've visited my parent's home country before.

lucky, lucky, lucky. i think the hardest part is learning to pronounce/speak another language.
some sounds... are really hard. like the "th" sound in english. can't figure that out.

Isn't that because of the better health care?
Where are they from?

Omgg no because being multilingual is such a wonderful thing!
Omgg really?? That's adorable! I kind of want to hear this XD We should skype sometime because that sounds funny awesome!

Explorer

moon light dreamer11
Elegant Elliephant
moon light dreamer11

Where are they from?

Omgg really?? That's adorable! I kind of want to hear this XD We should skype sometime because that sounds funny awesome!

i thought better health care was because of taxes.
they're from a more rural area of china. where chickens wander the streets haha.
it's not like beijing or shanghai, the usual tourist centrals.

omg no, it's horrible. the sound comes up everywhere.
mother, father, weather, then, the, though.
according to a friend, i say "three" weirdly too, but that one, i can't hear it myself.

Benevolent Reveler

Elegant Elliephant
moon light dreamer11
Elegant Elliephant
moon light dreamer11

Where are they from?

they're from a more rural area of china. where chickens wander the streets haha.

according to a friend, i say "three" weirdly too, but that one, i can't hear it myself.

Wouldn't that make prices higher?
Oh wow I don't know much about China but I know the bad parts are terrifying

If it helps I personally think it's adorable but that is because I am American and like accents XD I am trying to imagine three with out the th in it O_O

Explorer

moon light dreamer11
Elegant Elliephant
moon light dreamer11
Elegant Elliephant
moon light dreamer11

Where are they from?

If it helps I personally think it's adorable but that is because I am American and like accents XD I am trying to imagine three with out the th in it O_O

i honestly don't know much about these things >.<
it is pretty bad. people aren't friendly, streets are dirty. kind of had a depressing ambiance.
i was told to try to act like a native because foreigners often get mugged.
or their passport is withheld and they ask for large sums of money.

i think in the case with three, it might be more of a "f" sound than "th'. not too sure.
i'm pretty sure i don't say tree though.
you should make a list of words for me to read xD
i throw in a lot of h sounds too. like in pajamas.

Benevolent Reveler

Elegant Elliephant
moon light dreamer11
Elegant Elliephant
moon light dreamer11
Elegant Elliephant
moon light dreamer11

Where are they from?

i honestly don't know much about these things >.<
it is pretty bad. people aren't friendly, streets are dirty. kind of had a depressing ambiance.
i was told to try to act like a native because foreigners often get mugged.
or their passport is withheld and they ask for large sums of money.

i think in the case with three, it might be more of a "f" sound than "th'. not too sure.
i'm pretty sure i don't say tree though.
you should make a list of words for me to read xD
i throw in a lot of h sounds too. like in pajamas.

It's okay I don't either XD
O_O oh my gosh that's terrible! I am glad you migrated to Canada!

One two free XD How cool!
Ahahaha I might actually do that! If you would like I try to learn french and I am terrible with that thus far I can't make the nasal sounds well. You can make a list as well if you would like!

Quotable Gawker

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Elegant Elliephant
salut! c: ou as-tu appris francais? et ou habites-tu?

Je suis étudiant français à Pau maintenant. Je viens du Wisconsin aux États-Unis. et toi?

Quotable Gawker

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Heyy_mikey
j'apris de clases de francais quand j'etais plus jeune smile It was required at my elementary school

I wish my elementary school was like that... but at least my middle school made us start to learn another language. And you live in Illinois??? Nice! I'm from Wisconsin!

Benevolent Reveler

Elvan Shigure
Heyy_mikey
j'apris de clases de francais quand j'etais plus jeune smile It was required at my elementary school

I wish my elementary school was like that... but at least my middle school made us start to learn another language. And you live in Illinois??? Nice! I'm from Wisconsin!

Right?? All elementary schools should do this!

Dedicated Trainer

I'm not that good at French, but I'd love trying to chat to hone my skills!~

Allô, enchanté. ^_^ Je m'appelle Mirjam, j'ai 16 ans et je suis finlandaise. :3 Ça va?

Benevolent Reveler

Miruyamu
I'm not that good at French, but I'd love trying to chat to hone my skills!~

Allô, enchanté. ^_^ Je m'appelle Mirjam, j'ai 16 ans et je suis finlandaise. :3 Ça va?

Bonjour Mirjam! Je m'appelle Moon. J'ai 19 ans et je suis American. ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces