Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Dabbler

Ignoring the fact that a respects thread turned into ANOTHER debate... .___.

I personally am not involved in the event (I was in 4th grade, and did not understand it at the time), but now I understand that it's still sad that all those people died. Thanks to the firefighters that did all they could to put the fires out, and those families that put up with a lot of trouble over the years... Even justified hatred hurts people... I know that the world can never get along... It's all complicated to me. D: Hope that ya'll are okay now.
some people just simply don't care. more than 3,000 people died on that day. it's a big deal to me eventhough i'm not american. a lot of things changed.
people don't emphasize because none of their family members, friends, nor anyone close to them died on that tragedy...
and i pity all of you who don't care AT ALL. sad

anyyywayyssss,
it will not bother me if the one that got crashed and burned was the white house.
there's a plane that's supposed to hit the white house, but it got stopped or something
don't get me wrong i don't want bush or any politicians to die or anything.
the outcome would still be the same but with less people yet more powerful and more influencial folks will die.... biggrin
call me crazy.

well, good life to all of you and just hope this tragedy WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.
I was little when the twin towers were hit. So I was realy confused, but I can still remember that day like it was yesterday. It still makes me sad to think about it. One of my friends was talking about september 11th to a seven year old, they didnt know what a terrorest was or what happened septiember 11th. Sometimes I wish that it would have never happened so that we all could stay innocent alittle longer.

I pay my respects for all that were kill on Septiember 11th.
I had just arrived in yokota japan the day before the attack. I woke up to hear my mom crying. When I saw what was happening i couldnt stop crying either, i was so scared for my home country. I was horrified because we were put on strick lockdown, and my father had been outside the gates, so we didnt know where he was either.
My thoughts and prayers go to those who lost loved ones, and my respect and admiration is aimed at those who were selfless heroes working to save lives that tragic day. God Bless them.
LMFAO YALL STILL CRYING ABOUT THAT?? Oh im sorry 2000 people died in one day..lets build them a shrine...and have a national holiday about it. You Americans are so damn selfish its ********. Get over it. Did you know that Africa and other countries MILLIONS of people die everyday, but does anyone give a s**t about them? No! But only 2k ppl die in one day and yall cry urselves a river that chyall gunna end up drowning yurselves in.Yall Americans got ******** attacked cuz ur selfish cocky and dont give 2 shits about nobody else.

Yknow y Canada hasnt been attacked? CUZ WE DONT ******** WITH OTHER COUNTRIES OR MAKE FUN OF EM! France cried for yall in 9/11 and u guys still make fun of em?

Cmon....please in the name of all that is holy....quit yur bitchin ppl died and u have my condolences but thats all there is. U cant change the past so start building urselves a future

PEACE
I was in grade 3 when this happened, only the 2nd or 3rd day of school I remember. I just remember seeing smoke coming off this building on the news when I was at home, later at school we listened to the radio about this...It is pretty shocking because I though New York was right below B.C then and I though the Canadians would be the next targets stare
At the time they were always talking about Tourists and Terrorists, but I couldn't tell the difference crying
Aww thats the cutest thing I have ever heard...Canada snt gonna be a target..so piece of advice little one :p Move to Canada...no offence but the U.S = epic fail ...atm...
I feel sorry for the close relatives and friends of the people who died in 2001.
So what if it was 7 years ago.

The bomb that dropped in Hirashima and Nagasaki was horrible as well and I'm sure many people cry over the loved one's that they lost, but since it's more of a longer time span, there is less and less people. But still, whether or not it was in America or not, it was still something that people will keep in their hearts, well in the US at least.

And do the a*****e called Dizzyichigo, get the stick out of your a** and go to a different topic.

Super Noob

Wow. Just Wow. As a U.S. Soldier, I feel obligated to post here. Respect to the slaughtered innocents everywhere, but theres no way a single one of you 'civilians' could ever understand anything about the war. You sit on your comfy couches wrapped up in the safety of your sheltered live watching new reports from a mostly biased and damn-near communist media. Who only interest is in selling stories and placing blame. No one seems to understand the difficulties G. Bush could have gone through. I'm not a Bush supporter, but I'm damn sure not about to jump on the fingerpointing-BushBlaming bandwagon. Everyone portrays the president as a War-mongering selfrightous idiot. Remember, The United States was attacked by the Taliban. And although there were never associated with Iraq the fighting there is important too. I think a lot of the posts in this forum are written in ignorance at least if not in blatent disregard and disrespect for the people who have died and the people who continue to die in Iraq and Afghanistan. And lets not forget about the people who didn't die and were horribly maimed. I cannot believe how many people presume to know s**t about the war. Also to the people who pointed out and ridiculed those that said that they don't have feelings for the Americans who died on Sep. 11, '01. Not too long ago Chinese Soldiers slaughtered Tibeten Monks. Is anyone more innocent then a Monk? Can you honestly say that you feel strongly for their lost lives? How arrogant are you that you can attempt to flame somebody who politely points out that they don't have any emotions about 9/11 when you can't feel sorry for every slaughtered or dying innocent? Back to the Bush hating subject. I noticed somebody put all the blame on Bush for the general global opinion of Americans. How can you be so ignorant? They have always hated us. They will continue to hate us. They would have hated us if 9/11 never happened and there was no global war on terrorism. Let me explain to you why. The majority of the world never experiences the common household comforts we have as Americans, they don't have the amount of money we do. They have to struggle constantly just to ekk out a living. It's human nature to hate those with more that you, to want what they have. Its human nature to want to take it by aggression. Whats more we rub it their faces constantly, unknowingly, by taking them for granted, and the whole world sees it. Even the poorest american has it easier than say, the African farmer who toils in the sun all day just to grow enough food to feed his family and to sell at the market for sustenence in the winter. I need to stop this rant now. I hope that you all take these words and embrace them as truths. But I doubt that.
I have to agree with Lord Elegance to some degree.

Honestly, I think the US just need to move the ******** on. So you were attacked 7 years ago by a terrorist group? Alright, I'll symphatize. So you start a "war on terror"? Okay, seems reasonable. So you bomb the s**t out of countries that are not officially involved with said terrorists in response to said attack? Okay, that's f- wait, what? neutral

The US needs to know they are not the police of the world. Defend yourselves? Fine, do that. I support that wholeheartedly; but don't go attacking other countries just because it "fits" or due to misinformation (i.e.: WMD in Iraq and what have you). If you're going to cause millions of deaths, billions of dollars worth of destruction and more pain and suffering no one should ever have to live through you had better be damn ******** sure about why you're doing it.

I sympathized the victims in the attack, but I honestly stopped when the toll of death of innocent natives in the countries you're warring in exceeded that of the victims in the Twin Towers.

But who's to blame for all this? Is it the terrorists? The innocent people getting carpet bombed the s**t out of by the US? The president of the United States? Honestly, I don't care anymore. :/ I don't think a lot of people do.

Seriously, get over yourselves and move on. Hows about trying to actually do something good for once? Help the millions of people starving to death? How about the child soldiers in Africa? Care about those? No? All your time is being spent trying to gain more support for the victims of 9-11?

Super Noob

The Doomed Account
The US needs to know they are not the police of the world. Defend yourselves? Fine, do that. I support that wholeheartedly; but don't go attacking other countries just because it "fits" or due to misinformation (i.e.: WMD in Iraq and what have you). If you're going to cause millions of deaths, billions of dollars worth of destruction and more pain and suffering no one should ever have to live through you had better be damn ******** sure about why you're doing it.

I appreciate your agreement but you are wrong here. We don't carpet bomb the s**t out if anything. I'm infantry so none of you know more about warfare than me. Our hand is held back so much. It is extremely hard to get bombs out. And the bombing we do is all laser precision on high priority targets. The Rules of Engagement are so strict that I'm terrified that if I shoot a man, even if he has a gun, even if I know I am right, I might go to a military prison. And military prison are rough as hell. You are right about the world police part I hate it. We waste so much men and money on it. But its necessary now. If we suddenly withdrew from Iraq, it would be a political victory for the extremists. Their numbers would swell by thousands. Right now, Iraq and Isreal is where all their resources are going. It dumbfounds me that no-one seems to realize that Iraq is whats keeping them from attacking London, Lisbon, or any other major city because you see, they don't just hate americans, they hate all 'infidels' and to them, that is anyone who isn't themselves. You also bring up the "WMD's" in Iraq. I can't believe that how many people are blind to the truth of this. Saddam Hussein was a dictator who kept a violent populace at rest with unrestrained cruelty. He had a reputation for violence and swift punishment(torture and death) to anyone who attempted to oppose him. Becuase of this he was highly unpopular, and his country was ready to revolt against him. All they needed was a spark to set them together. He was afraid to show any weakness to his people. When it was thought that he had WMD he struggled to maintain the image that he had them. He had the WHOLE WORLD believing that he possesed these weapons for quite a while. He did this because he felt he had to have his people believe he had this 'ultimate power' so that he could keep them checked. G. Bush just fell into this unfortunately for both of them. If no-one ever suspected he had WMDs he never would have pretended to have them, there would not have been an invasion of Iraq, because that was what we were expected to do, and we wouldn't be pouring men and money into stopping up this dam of extremists.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff