Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is something I've been wondering for a while. We always here about countries comparing their students against one another and it's typically an indicator of a country's educational policies. However, I don't want to look into a fight or argument about which country has the better education system or who has the highest test scores.

This topic is more like describing to each other what your day-to-day student life is like to compare and contrast our personal experiences.

We can ask each other questions and maybe inspire a few users to go for the exchange program. While I'm not that interested, I am fairly curious. Yes, I can easily look this stuff up, but isn't a first-hand personal account more interesting?

Anywho, I'll start off with some starter questions and allow the discussion to branch from there.

-Do you have school uniforms?
-How strict are the teachers?
-What classes do you take in elementary/secondary schooling?
-Rules? Policies?
-What is a typical day of school like?
-Is lunch as bad over there as it is here? xD

P.S. Even if you're currently not enrolled in school, you can still talk about your experiences. <3

Elegant Dollie's Partner

Chic Bear

-Do you have school uniforms? Yes. For 7-9th grade, the students at my school are required to wear black, white, or red polo shirts along with black or tan slacks. I was so saddened on the first day since I didn't know the dress code. emo

-How strict are the teachers? They're not exactly strict. The only time they try to be strict is when there is a bad apple in the classroom. But in the end, for some reason, the teachers let the bad apple do whatever they want until they hear complaints from me and other students.

-What classes do you take in elementary/secondary schooling? I take Spanish classes, but next week when I start school, I'll be also taking a Visual arts class along with a class called Theory of Knowledge or something...

-Rules? Policies? Typical dress code: no wearing hats in the building, wear belts on your pants (mostly directed at boys), no spaghetti strap tops ( crying ) or other revealing clothing, etc etc.

-What is a typical day of school like? Sort of normal. the teens at my school are silly and stupid, so occasionally there will be a fire drill purposely pulled. Last year there was one in winter. stare

-Is lunch as bad over there as it is here? xD Depends. Teens at my school say that the lunch is disgusting, and some of my friends question what foods I like to eat. It never hurts to try!
Do you have school uniforms?
yes, not really ugly ones, but I'd like to use normal clothe in the school
How strict are the teachers?
uhmmm if i see other schools in my city i can tell u that they are very strict, u have to make a presentation in just one week, idk about nuclear fusion, and it has to last like 15 minutes and u have to explain everything, but they just think about their class, they don't see if we have test in the week about math or language or what ever, they just think in their proyect and if u don't get it to that day u have a 1 (the calification scale is 1 to 7)
What classes do you take in elementary/secondary schooling?
all the basic ones
Rules? Policies?
all kind of rules, "don't run" don't this, don't the other, I hate that, but it's ok, I can haggle something xD
What is a typical day of school like?
uhmmm well I come to the school in the morning, classes all day, lunch, classes again in the afternoon, and then home. the classes are 8:10 to 13:00 - lunch - and them classes from 14:30 to 17:00
Is lunch as bad over there as it is here? xD
well we take our own food to eat it in the lunch time, so it's not so bad xD

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,300 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • 50 Wins 150
-Do you have school uniforms? Nope~ I used to in my old elementary, but, moving here, no uniforms! There were strict dress codes in 6th grade and 7-8 grades, though.
-How strict are the teachers? Used to be more stricter in the past. In high school, not at all....really..some are, just depends, like for personality
-What classes do you take in elementary/secondary schooling? Elementary...L.A., Math, Science, Social Studies, P.E. ....in the 6th grade school. Also, varies by school districts - my first school was different..not that many subjects.
-Rules? Policies? Lots in the younger grades, high school - there are almost no rules, really...dress codes..not much, can't wear clothing related to "gangs" (Dodgers, Raiders, logo'ed shirt and other stuff), only wear school caps (X_X; Dumb cause that makes you buy their hats)....can't wear tube tops...got P.E. clothes...to wear (better than jeans in the sun, really and comfy~)...can wear flip-flops in H-School, not in Jr. H....and other stuff. High school is a lot less loose, but, there are policemen roaming around every hour of the school.
-What is a typical day of school like? Walk with friend to class - sit in class - normal hw, occasionally hw - some afterschool stuff - end of year: more events.
-Is lunch as bad over there as it is here? Errr...high school and middle school are the same (you'd think high school kids eat more)...it's like...1 carton of juice OR milk + the main dish (cheap pizza, burrito, mac cheese, ....other specials) + carrots/fruit + something..or nothing. Can't remember. Don't buy lunch everyday. Cost $2 normal...there are discounts for the families with financial problems, though.

Dapper Warlord

9,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
Yay, a TL;DR post!

-Do you have school uniforms? We didn't at my high school, or any other school in the country that I've gone to (6 schools total). The only schools in my city that have uniforms are the parochial schools...but I think their uniforms were just things like 'polo shirt in (insert the school's colors here) and slacks in either black or tan'. I think those uniforms are boring; if more American schools had uniforms like Japanese schools (who sometimes hire professional designers to make their school uniforms as cute and fashionable as possible), then it wouldn't be so bad. (I've seen some pretty cute school uniforms in malls in southern California, though.)

-How strict are the teachers? It really depends on the teacher. Most of mine in high school were pretty easy going. I had a few teachers who was very strict when it came to our homework. My Geometry teacher wouldn't accept assignments on paper that had been ripped out of a spiral-bound notebook (we had a healthy supply of scissors in his classroom for cutting off the 'frizzies'). My Genetics/Animal Behavior teacher wouldn't hesitate to give us a D on our portfolio checks if we were missing an assignment. I had a lengthy debate with him in the middle of class over it.

-What classes do you take in elementary/secondary schooling? In middle school (what would be the first half of secondary school in British-style systems; our 6-8 grades are about equivalent to years 1-3), the curriculum is very rigid; you have the option of taking maybe one or two elective classes (usually a music class or some sort of craft; woodworking or art or cooking) outside your regular core classes (science, math, social studies, english). We had 6 or 7 classes a day in middle school

At my high school (grades 9-12/years 4-7), we only had 4 classes a day (block scheduling; each class is 90 minutes long), and had to pass a certain number of required classes and get 220 credit hours to graduate. On our system, one could easily obtain over 300 hours (I finished with 307.5 credit hours), so that wasn't difficult. It was just a way of ensuring that you took the required number of 'hours' for each department (for example, you need 15 hours of art classes, 30 hours of English classes, 20 hours of math, 15 hours of science, 25 hours of history, etc.). However, this actually allows for a lot of schedule customization.

Tiny font explanation: Our schedule plans that we filled out when registering for classes was a 4x4 grid, instead of a list of 7 slots. Each class would take either one or two 'blocks' on the grid depending on how long the class was. A class like English would take a whole year at other schools, but at ours, only took half a year (2 terms/'blocks'; 1 semester at other schools). So you could take English and Science both in block 1, just at different times in the year (English in the fall, Science in the spring) and still have 12 empty 'blocks' available. You could also do something like take a Freshman Math class in the fall, and Sophomore Math in the spring, and then not have to take any more Math all throughout high school. I chose my high school because it had this schedule system; you can eliminate the classes you don't like really early on, and take a wide variety of classes that interest you. (For example, I took 6 years of foreign language classes, 5 years of science classes, 4 years of math, about 4-5 years of varying English classes (I dropped out of one class halfway through and started up a new one), 5 years of history classes, the list goes on.) Because of our schedule, our school had some really, REALLY advanced classes on the roster (AP Calculus Diff; Advanced Computer Languages, AP Advanced Physics, Fundamentals of Health Careers (you could earn a CNA license after completing that class), College Accounting, a 6th year of Spanish, a whole slew of AP classes) and some classes that sound really off the wall (History of the Civil Rights Movement, Forensic Science, Triathletic Training, Music Lyric Study & Analysis, Literature of the Holocaust, Sports Literature, Promotional Marketing, Latin, etc.).

So really, there was hardly any limit to what classes you can take. XDD

-Rules? Policies? No hats, no gum, no spaghetti straps...we recently had rules put in place regarding school dances; no bumping, no grinding, no 'back to front' dancing, etc. We all had a pretty good laugh over those rules, since the DJs aren't going to stop playing 'grinding' music at school dances; slow-dancing to Flo Rida just looks and sounds silly.

-What is a typical day of school like? For me, I'd wake up at 7:00 AM, be out the door by 8:00 AM, get to school around 8:10. Class started at 8:15, my next class started a little after 9:45, the next class/lunch started a bit after 11:15, with my last class starting at a little after 1:30. I'd then go home at about 3:00 if it was Monday or Friday; on Tuesday-Thursday, I had study groups and club meetings after school until 4. My schedule changed every 9 weeks, so I always seemed to be going somewhere new. XDD

Senior year, I took Animal Behavior (Science), Problem Solving (Math), worked as a Teacher Assistant to my Japanese teacher, and Beginning Photography (Art). Then I took AP Government and Politics (History), Economics (Economics), Sociology Diff (Human Behavior), and the other half of Problem Solving (Math). Term 3 was Anatomy and Physiology Diff (Science), Music Theory (Art), Shakespearean Drama (English), and Advanced Creative Writing (English). Term 4 was Water Games (Phys. Ed.), the second half of Anatomy and Physiology Diff, nothing for my 3rd class (Anat/Phys is HARD; I spent that 2 hour block doing homework XDD), and Cultural Foods (Art). Seems like a lot, huh? This was actually the year that I took the least classes out of my whole time in high school. XDDD

-Is lunch as bad over there as it is here? xD Yeah, probably. XDDD Upperclassmen were allowed to leave campus for lunch, but we only had half an hour to eat. You could hardly go anywhere without being horribly late back to class. Still, we had a sub sandwich shop and pizzas were delivered every day. (They let us have our horribly greasy pizzas, but they took away our Little Debbie's snacks. stare Way to make us eat 'healthy'.) Our lunches cost insane amounts of money...an average school lunch might end up being about $5. They liked sneaking in as many charges as possible.

IRL Genius

-Do you have school uniforms? Nope!

-How strict are the teachers? xD not very strict at all

elementary? like grades 1-5? um...just..class....xD I dunno...

-Rules? Policies? No super-revealing clothing, and nothing that resembles a weapon. That's really it. we can even have gum and we're also allowed to have electronics. In fact, most of the teacher's will occasionally allow you to listen to your iPod or pull out your cell phone for quick math during times in class when we're just doing silent work. (Plus, most of the teachers listen to their iPods when they get a chance too xD) my schools pretty tech savvy,

-What is a typical day of school like? well..today it was...
get to school
run to the computer lab to print up an essay that I couldn't print last night.
giggle with my friends over anime goodness.
go to first class- Honors English 2
Techno dance party featuring the Caramelldansen towards the end of class for no apparent reason.
Break (which is apparently the mature high school term for recess with no playground)
second class- Today it was P.E., next time I'm in class, it'll be A.P. World History.
Harrass my friend for informing me that my Naruto cosplay for Club Rush the other day was too much otaku-ness for advertising my Anime Club.
Lunch
steal caution tape from the walls that was up because of the bee infestation we had this morning..
get a dirty look from the janitor for wearing my newly made caution tape sash and headband.
Third class- Biology
3:15 PM- school's out.

I don't know where your "here" is, but I'm in the U.S....and my school's generic school lunches suck, but it has an on campus ice cream shop that makes up for it heart
and you don't have to buy those school lunches, you can buy a few other things, like nachos or a soft pretzel, but no one does... I dunno why,,,

-Do you have school uniforms? Yes, we do.

-How strict are the teachers? It depends on what teams you are in. Some teams (or quads) have strict teachers. Others have the laid back cool teacher. I always got the cool teachers

-What classes do you take in elementary/secondary schooling? Well there is Social Studies, Language Arts, Math, Science.

-Rules? Policies? The usuals. Students tend to bring electronics but the school aides/teachers dont seem to care. My former math teacher even let us use calculators whenever we wanted but it had to be for " checking our work" lol.

-What is a typical day of school like? N/A because my high School hasnt even opened up yet.>.< School here started on August 12th and as of today which is August 30th, my High school is the only school on this island that hasnt opened yet due to renovations >.< but i found out today that our school will be opening up this Tuesday due to Monday being Labor day. So once i go a week into this school year, ill let you know xp

-Is lunch as bad over there as it is here? Not really, the people that serve here is King's so they have some good food.
yes, comfortable uniforms :3

not too much, it depends on what you are doing.

english, Filipino, Math, Science, TLE, Social, PE/Health, music, Elective science and Elective English

-Rules? Policies?
Just dont do bad stuff (like graffiti, Bullying etc.)

Go from one class/subject from another

Not that bad, you can hang out with friends as long as you eat in school. XD
I live in Canada.

My school did, but I went to a public academy.

Depending, my school was a mix of a military and sports academy. The military teachers were strict, the sports were much more slack.

Basics, math, english, social and science. Then of course french, music, art and gym.

-Rules? Policies?
No smoking, drugs or alcohol?

Wake up at 6 am, get ready and be at school and hour early, which is when I'd do any small homework assignments... The morning would contain about 3 strictly academic classes until around 12:16, which would be lunch time till about 1 pm.

The afternoons would contain extra classes such as art, another language, gym and in my case (Since I was in the military program) Drill/Out door Education. All of the extra classes besides drill/outdoor ed were normal, in art you'd paint and sculpt, in music you'd play instruments (My school had a specialized drum and pipe band though... Bagpipes, but I wasn't in either). But Drill/outdoor ED was the best. Since my school sadly focused more on the sports, because it pleased the rich parents more... We wouldn't get as much in the class. But half the year we'd do drill (Like the military, basic, gun, sword, flag, pacer, whatever drill there is we would learn it). We'd be tested on it and if the teacher was pleased with us we'd be selected to preform around the city in various events (Government events, whatever). And outdoor education was more so a survival class.

We'd have bi-annual camping trips, which basically meant we were in groups of 2-4 (Same gender only), and they threw us out in the middle of a forest and told us to make a shelter for ourselves (Lean-tos, which they would grade) and cook for ourselves and such. We'd sleep outside for about 3 days, and during those days we'd be given different tasks and play games.

They'd make us play a lot of sports, such as soccer, football, and Frisbee. And we'd play some more interactive games, such as capture the flag (It'd be dark outside by then, and we'd have glow sticks on a large stick, the forest would be our hiding place), Predatory and Prey (Which would have 4 teams, omnivores, carnivores, herbivores and hunters), the goal was to get your tasks completed according to what you were. Only the teachers and assistants in the camp would be hunters, and they could kill anyone. People would be given a certain number of life tags, and each time you die, you must give one up to the person who killed you. So the tasks would be as followed, herbivores would have to collect as many food and water stamps as possible (These would be hidden up in trees, down in swamp area, or under neither huge logs, they could be pretty hard to find if the person hiding them wanted to be creative!), and they had to have a certain amount of lives left. Omnivores had to get the food and water, but they could eat herbivores and use their life tags instead of a food stamp, they'd also need a certain number of lives left. And Carnivores had to get water stamps and life tags only, and have a certain amount of their own life tags left... They could eat anyone but fellow Carnivores! And hunters jobs were to be jerks and kill everyone, mainly carnivores though. We'd play that game for a couple hours... Oh yeah, and to steal someone's life tag you'd have to tag them... Unless you were a hunter, where you'd just yell "BANG!" (Like a gun).

We'd also play the beacon game, which is played in the middle of the night too... You'd have one person, who is to be the beacon, and they'd be taken out in the middle of the forest to wave a very powerful flashlight directly into the air (Like a spot light!), and they'd have 4 guards... These guards would surround the beacon and in pairs they'd have their lights on, scanning the ground for 10 seconds, they'd have to count out loud, they'd then have to turn them off for 10 seconds, which is when the 2nd pair would turns theirs on till their 10 seconds are up. During this time everyone else (30+ people) would be crawling on the ground, hiding behind trees and in bushes trying to avoid being caught. The goal? To touch the beacon! It could take hours to get to the beacon if the guards were good enough, but after so long of crawling in the dirt its easy to blend in, as long as you have dark clothes (Light clothes is a horrible idea for the camp).

And the last thing we would do is night operations (More commonly known as night ops). We'd be sent to bed around midnight, and woken up at around 2 am, where they give us a max of 5 minutes to get dressed and down to the giant camp fire. They would then give the teams a task... It varies what sort of task... One year a team was sent to crawl around as stealthy as possible and gather pieces of a "bomb" (Just make believe!). During that time, the camp helpers and teachers would run around trying to catch people! It depended on the helper what would happen... Most helpers are past students who do the camps every year for fun, so they can get rough... I've seen them drag people away, sit on their chests and such. But nothing ever too bad, its all fun and games. Often the people would be taken away to a secluded (and not heated) cabin to stay until rescued. Another task would we would get to see a map for a few seconds, then we would have to find the place marked on it and retrieve flags with points. Once again there would be people trying to capture us. We wouldn't be allowed to go back to bed until they decided it had been long enough (A good 2+ hrs) or all teams were finished (Only depends on the task, some you could never technically finish).

Before any games though, we'd all be split into about 4 groups, and we'd all compete against each other for points, every game we played could give our teams point if we won.

We would have to make fire with just sticks and grass (It'd have to be about 2 feet high), and much more...

The best camps were by far the winter ones though, I live in Canada and its cold... But we'd be running around so much that more often than not I'd have my jacket off, gloves off, hat off... And such to cool down. We'd also have to sleep outside in out lean-tos then.

I absolutely love my schools camps. rofl

Worse. xp My school didn't even have a lunch program.

I miss all of it, I'm out of school now.
Ahh yes, school days. Highlight of your young life and also the worst time ever. I'm so glad I'm not in school anymore. The people where wankers and the teachers where...hmm.

Yes, there is a very strict policy with Uniform over here in jolly old Great Britain. It' so children look smart and presentable and it's also supposed to soften bullying becasue allot of children can't afford the decent crap that everyone else is wearing.

At Primary school I wore Black trousers, white polo shirt, blue jumper and black shoes. 1st year of highschool I wore Black trousers, white shirt, school tie and school blue jumper and black shoes. Then they outlawed the shirts and ties in my shitty school and gave us shitty blue polo shirts that i was allergic too! I ended up just wearing my trainers the last two years anyway....

From what I could remember. if you where a good student the teachers weren't so bad but if you where a little s**t then they could come down hard on you. I remember being shouted down in front of my whole form because I told my form tutor I was going to apologies for her (some stupid thing of going on her computer...not my fault /b/ wasn't locked)....She told me I was an awdul little liar and that I was banned from the form room. That only seemed to amuse the "bad" kids in my form and they where allot nicer to me afterward when I told y teacher if she wasn't a bloody mind reader then how the hell could she decided what I was and wasn't going to do. More shouting and sent to my head of year. He taught my mum and she was a little cow bag and so it was only time before I followed in her foots steps...

Primary: Numeracy, Literacy, Science, Art, P.E....and play time...XD a long time ago.

High school: Maths, English Lit, English Language, Science, Religious Studys, Computer study, Art, Drama, Music, Geography, History, Child Care, Graphics, Fashion, resistant materials, cooking, PE, Dance. I think that it...bolded are the ones I took in the last two years for my GCSE's

-Rules? Policies?
Lulz...we had an isolation room. You where a little s**t, you where sent to this room and sat in a boothe like in a call center and the door was locked behind you. Kids wanted to be sent there so they could sleep and not do any work. We also had prefects in the aslt year -.-...I remember jumping out a 2 story window to avoid one of the bastards.

We had 5 lessons a day...3 in he morning and 2 in the after noon. 9-3:20...45 minutes for lunch an a 20 minute break in the morning...

"Food glorious food, cold sausage and mustard" -.-....half the time I didn't eat lunch because I had no money for it and no food at home to take.

0 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
dude im her from the philippines to answer these questions

-Do you have school uniforms?Yes,we have school uniforms w/ some badges of our school.

-How strict are the teachers? Some teachers are very strict like from an /10 scale:9.9.others are kind and not so strict on the scale? 6.

-What classes do you take in elementary/secondary schooling?In elementary only have one class with all the subjects like math,english,history,science,filipino(language class),PE,music class,Basic computer education.in high school we have english,math,computer,history,language,chemistry,and lots more

-Rules? Policies? there are some rules but we do not break them cuz theres no fun breaking rules in the school here.

-What is a typical day of school like? its hell man!i hate school!(opinion) its pretty typical all school are exept that school end on 4:00 to 5:00.

Lunch is great here!! usually we just bring our own lunch but others buy from our cafeteria.

Lonely Phantom

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
I'm in Australia

-Do you have school uniforms? Yes. Grey pants, white shirt, blue tie (optional) blue or maroon wool jumper (maroon for VCE students), and black leather lace up shoes. We also have school blazers but they're only for the school council reps so they cane look like we're a better school than we are.
-How strict are the teachers? Depends, we had some really nice teachers, lie my Legal Studies teacher who would let me sleep in class. Well not 'let' but he didn't yell at me or anything, he'd just wake me up if he noticed. And then there were teachers that gave you detention if you didn't agree with them even if what they said was so obviously flawed.
-What classes do you take in elementary/secondary schooling? We took elective from year 9 on, but in year 12 I took, English, Literature, Legal Studies, Theater Studies and Psychology.
-Rules? Policies? In recent year the dress code has become stricter because of all the Year 12 girls dressing like skanks, so now it's no makeup, no jewelry, except one watch, and one signet ring. You can wear crosses and other religious symbols but have to fill out a religion form that your parents sign to prove you're really religious. Also all the toilets are kept locked so you need to go to the front office f you wanna go to the toilet during class to get the key. There's also meant to be no eating in class but I've noticed some teacher ignore than and let us eat as long as we work as well. Bottles of water are always allowed so we don't dehydrate. Mobile phones are banned but seriously who listens to that rule?
-What is a typical day of school like? Get there between 8:30-9:00 depends on traffic, mum always drives me. Put bag away in locker. I got one of the schools limited supply of large lockers which I had to pay for. Seriously the other lockers are barely big enough to put your books in let alone your bag! Hunt down my friends cause they're all in lower year levels than I a Talk for a while until the warning musics starts. We have music that starts playing five minutes before the bell, to give us warning. Then first period which goes for 50 minutes then seconds period which goes for the same. Recess is 20, then 3rd and 4th period which are 50minutes each. Lunch is fifty minutes, but we sometimes have lunch times classes. Recess and lunch are usually spent in the VCE room, which has computes and stuff for the VCE students to use. Btw, VCE means Victorian Certificate of Education. If the room is full we tend to walk around the school grounds talking about whatever. 5th and 6th period are 50 minutes each, then school finished at 3:10.
-Is lunch as bad over there as it is here? I used to bring my lunch in year 7 and 8 but got sick of it and stopped eating. Instead of nagging me about it my mum just started giving me lunch money. Our canteen serves hot food at one window, drinks and ice-cream at another and lollies at another. For lunch order you can either pre-order order or time up at the time. Sandwiches and roll must be pre-ordered. Hot food is usually chips, fried dimsims poatato cakes, hotdogs etc. Though sometimes they'll get in something different for just the week like chicken wings to see if they'll sell well.
I live in Italy.

No,never had that.Some elementary schools have some sort of apron to cover children when they play or use paint,for the rest we are free to dress like we want...of course you cannot go naked at school.
It depends on the teachers.Some of them are really strict,some other are more friendly.
In primary school you take italian,math,english,history geography and one of two hours of fisical exercises..
Primary (elementary) school is 5 years long.Than we have 3 years of middle school with basically the same subjects but with also science,music,informatics,sometimes a second language (french or german).Then we have 5 years of high school.There are many different type of high schools with different subjects.They all have italian,math,history,english.My high school also had science,latin,philosophy,phisics,drawing lessons,history,geography.Some other schools have also ancient greek.Some other have informatics,electronics.If you want you can also study religion.It depends on the type of high school.There's also a particular high school for those who want to become chefs,waiters,maitres...
-Rules? Policies?
Rules...the common rules of good education.You have to stay quiet and follow the lessons.
We start at 8:00-8:30 and we basically have 5 hours of lesson with a break in the middle of the morning.High school usually finish after those 5 hours.Elementary school also have 3 hours in the afternoon with a lunch break.
In elementary school the food is average (for the italian perspective...that is to say,to some of you it may be very good).It depends on the school though.In middle and high school the school does not give you the food: you go back home to eat and than you have the afternoon in wich you have to study and do homework.

Friendly Gaian

America/State of Maine

Nope. I believe only private schools around here make you do that. But public schools in Maine, we can wear whatever we want as long as they are appropriate to wear out in public.

In High School, they were way too strict. None of them knew how to have a little fun. Which is why I'm glad I graduated last year and got the hell out of High School and much happier in College. The teachers are just as strict at times but most of the time they are laid back and show they have a sense of humor/know how to have fun with classes/assignments.

In Elementary school we just took our normal given classes. History, Math, English, Science, and a few "fun" classes. Like PE, Art, Library time, and Chorus/Band.
      In High School you only got a little bit of freedom of what you wanted to take. You still had to take certain number of years of English, Math, History, and Science and two years of either French/Spanish. If you had spots open, you had to fill them up, this is where you could've picked Chorus/Band, Cooking/Sewing, Study Hall, Computer Classes, Extra Writing Classes, Film Directing, and Art.

-Rules? Policies?
      In High School, some of the rules were fine but yet some I thought were really stupid. Like, not being able to listen to music during Study Halls. As long as the music was low enough for the one person to hear it, there's nothing wrong with it. Nope, even if you took your iPod or CD Player out of your bag to even just move it out of the way to get to a book, they took it away. The rules just seemed to have gotten worse since I left. My underclassmen friends told me that they all now have to go out and buy plastic see-through bags to avoid any of the students hiding stuff like drugs, porn, and guns in them when rarely did that happen at all at the school. It was always hearing about some other school having something bad that was miles and miles away from us and BAM! our High School would have to freak out about it and do something.

In College, as long as you don't act up in class and get kicked out or you know, come in saying you have a bomb or gun, you're fine.

In High School, it was boring. Started at 6 AM and ended at 2 PM. The classes were short and boring.

In College, I was so excited setting up my times for classes since you had different times to pick from.

In High School, lunch sucked. Not only was the food gross and plastic like, you only got 20 minutes to eat and by the time you got to the lunch room and got through the huge line, you have 10-5 minutes left.

Now in College, we have our own time to set and can eat real food from either the College or go out and buy stuff from stores/restaurants.
User Image
LOL HAY NEW FORUM!
I'm from the United Kingdom. :3

From the beginning of School til Year 11.
lol, not very
Elementary, the common classes. English, Maths, Science and such. Music too in the final years.
In my final years of Secondary we had to choose classes for GCSEs. I chose ICT (Computers), French, Art & Design & Graphics.
-Rules? Policies?
Don't chew gum in class, people did.
Don't listen to music in class, people did.
Don't swear, people did.
Have your uniform correct, people didn't. xDD

I get driven in late almost everyday and arrive at 8.30. I have 2 classes then a small boring break, then 2 more lessons and a 1 hour lunch break. Then a final class. Sometimes I'd stay afterschool for clubs or homework clubs n s**t.

THE FOOD IS MADE OF RUBBER ARGHHHH
so i bring my own lunch xD

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items