Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has anyone used rosetta stone and knows if it is worth the absolutely exorbitant price they charge for it?
I'd have to say no just because my uncle is into computer stuff and doesn't like but that is my opinion.
It worth IMHO, I used it and I learned so quickly!
Sure. Just don't expect to become fluent in the language you're trying to learn.

x.x

Not worth the money. I'm glad I didn't buy it. You're better off on free resources you can get online.
anapires
Sure. Just don't expect to become fluent in the language you're trying to learn.

x.x

Not worth the money. I'm glad I didn't buy it. You're better off on free resources you can get online.

I don't expect to become fluent using a computer program, don't worry lol. I'm studying abroad next year for 10 months and wanted to try and get a head start.

Thanks for the opinions everyone!
I'd expect the Rosetta Stone to be worth a penny, it's one-of-a-kind you know. Isn't it in a museum somewhere? dramallama
I trust in the all-mighty word of Michael Phelps.
Nearis
I trust in the all-mighty word of Michael Phelps.
I sure didnt help me in Japanese!
You are, as mentioned earlier, better off with free online resources. If you search well you can find amazing ones.
What language are you trying to learn?
Summoner Aven
You are, as mentioned earlier, better off with free online resources. If you search well you can find amazing ones.
What language are you trying to learn?

I'm majoring in Japanese at university. I have a lot of friends who are interested in going to Japan for study abroad along with me and thought we could go in on it together and add it to the study library. I actually have amassed a rather large list of links and such to send to people who need them, along with a private photobucket account with scanned materials from classes.
Oh ok good! Before I got into highschool (which offered a Japanese language course) I used a book called "Japanese for Busy People" you can order it at any Barnes and Noble, and is most likely in any library, especially in University libraries. Its very very good and comes in 3-4 volumes I believe. That will help you learn the language and culture from a visitors perspective.
Japanese is starting to become quite popular among the younger audience. Including me xd I sound like a pro at the language but I'm not, I'm still in high school actually
Summoner Aven
Oh ok good! Before I got into highschool (which offered a Japanese language course) I used a book called "Japanese for Busy People" you can order it at any Barnes and Noble, and is most likely in any library, especially in University libraries. Its very very good and comes in 3-4 volumes I believe. That will help you learn the language and culture from a visitors perspective.
Japanese is starting to become quite popular among the younger audience. Including me xd I sound like a pro at the language but I'm not, I'm still in high school actually

I'm a sophomore Japanese major at my university, and we are using the Genki system. It's pretty easy to understand as textbooks go. If you ever get bored and want to be amused and learn something at the same time (this is for anyone of course) check out these videos: "Let's Learn Japanese" It's from the seventies and it is absolutely hilarious!
Oh wow thats amazing. So different from lessons nowadays
New Tokyo International Airport? That must be Narita

5,500 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
anapires

x.x

I can never find good online rescources for free! I want to learn Spanish, Italian and maybe Russian. can anyone help?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff