Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Dude, I'm freaked out....that place is pretty close to Naples, Italy...>_< and i friend of mind says that applebees felt a recent earth quakes >_<

What you you people think of it? do you think there is going to be another eruption of the volcano? you know the one that destroyed Pompeii?
I know this is horrible I mean I didn't hear about it untill I watched the news on saturday and the death toll kept rising through out the day. Should we blame globle warming?

I hope nothing else happens.
Not only Italy but a number of places in the world are have serious quakes...even here in the Caribbean.
I am so thankful I've never been in a earthquake
Arteasia
I am so thankful I've never been in a earthquake
The smaller ones are ind of fun if you ask me
It doesn't have to do with global warming. Italy has been known to have earthquakes before (though not for many decades.) Earthquakes happen because of the tectonic plates shifting. It's completely natural.

I was terribly saddened to hear that it happened. I had heard about it, but I read about it on the bus this morning and started crying. It's horriby tragic to hear about.
The earthquake had nothing to do with mount vesuvius, so this tragic event shouldn't cause any kind of eruption.

4,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
I know the earth quakes have nothing to do with it. but, it still freaks me out >_<

Like i feel like any day now Vesuvius will go up, A friend of mine told me it's over due for an eruption...so yeah... i
It's so scary. My heart goes out to all who have lost or been lost in those earthquakes. sad The Vesuvius thing is also frightening.
Yet, in a way these thing are due to keep us in check, you know? Population and such... it probably comes out the wrong way though when I say it.
I am so sorry to hear about this occurrence. It is truly saddening and I pray for all of those that lot loved ones in the tragedy.

About the whole Mt. Vesuvius thing.. I would look into it and see if it really i due for another eruption. A good sign that it may erupt soon is if there are other earthquakes and tremors around its surrounding areas. If there is increased seismic activity around the volcano, then that is a great possibility. Other than that, however, it was probably a shift in the tectonic plates that lie under Italy. If that is the case, then there is no need to worry about the volcano at this present moment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff