Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tranh Ly
i can speak viet and understand it by hearing it directly to my ears

but i get very confused if i read it with tonal letters and im working on it

i have southern accent

I have a southern accent as well... I think... but yea, it's all practice so just keep at it. A lot better than my sister, she can speak it fluently, much better than me, but she doesn't know how to read or write

Timid Informer

8,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I think the majority are the Southern accent people in the U.S. It's really rare for me to hear central and north accents.

I, on the other hand, can speak and write Vietnamese. The only problem are the accent marks. I hate them with a passion.

Chao cac ban o tren thread nay. C:
Z E E M O N S T E R
I think the majority are the Southern accent people in the U.S. It's really rare for me to hear central and north accents.

I, on the other hand, can speak and write Vietnamese. The only problem are the accent marks. I hate them with a passion.

Chao ban.

You get use to the accent marks slowly by reading more and more of them. I need more practice with them....

Visiting Visitor

46,065 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Summer Philanthropist 500
  • Torii Gatekeeper 500
Xin chao tat ca cac ban

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Z E E M O N S T E R

Recently within the past decades, there have been central and northern Vietnamese coming to the U.S. One of my uncles' wife is from northern Vietnam (my grandmother didn't like her because she's extremely prejudiced against northern Viets due to personal experience and even temporarily disowned said uncle because of it), and I've heard a mix of northern, central, and southern Viet accents from international Vietnamese people at my university.

@ thread: if any of you liked the Disney movie Frozen and the song Let It Go, here's the Vietnamese language dub version of the song. c:

Timid Informer

8,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
KuroX_o

Chao ban.

You get use to the accent marks slowly by reading more and more of them. I need more practice with them....

I always get scolded by my mother over it. :/
She's like "it's easy!"

.__. lolnoope

Sakura Parfait

True, not many our family like the Northern Vietnamese at all. We're from the South.
I am assuming it was because of the Vietnam War that cause them to dislike each other.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Z E E M O N S T E R

With my grandmother, it's rather ironic because she originated from the North (she was born in Hanoi), but then became associated with the South when the war happened.

Desirable Lover

9,700 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Xin Chao ~ ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers