Welcome to Gaia! ::

{ looking for a penpal }

a small discussion..
have you ever had a penpal?
how was your experience?
if not, what's keeping you from it?

Shopper

Briefly in Elementary school and middle school. We lost touch, But it was a fun experience.
I'm from the US. I have had numerous penpals throughout my life. Many of them are from Europe.

I had a penpal in England, and we talked nonstop for almost 2 years. It just so happened that I also have family in London, who convinced me tostudy abroad in England. I met my penpal there and after about a month of getting to know each other IRL we started dating, and we travelled around continental Europe together.

Best. Penpal. Ever.

Friendly Shapeshifter

i have never ever had a pen pal and im so jellous because it seems like a normal thing to have in american primary schools ; n;

Peaceful Browser

I'll be your pen pal

Garbage Blob

I have one current pen pal whom I met on Gaia in this forum. I also had two other people who were interested in exchanging letters but didn't work out. One never responded back to my pm and the other never sent a letter back. cry so far I'm liking the experience. It's a nice surprise to see a letter waiting for you especially if you're having a bad day. surprised

Krampus

I've had a great penpal a few years back, but unfortunately we lost touch ; v;
It's really great to have someone to write to and who writes back to you, but the only reason I don't really have a penpal anymore is that I'm a bit scared/paranoid to give out my address to someone who I'm not sure I can trust over the internet. :c

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
In 7th grade I had a Japanese penpal in middle school. We exchanged a couple of letters over some years but then we stopped. I sometimes wonder what ever became of her. I have gaia pen pals and it's fun when they respond. A snail mail pen pal was fun but I'm too paranoid now. I'm shocked my parents let me start writing her at all.

Unstoppable Shopper

I've had quite a few from all around the world....
we somehow lost in touch ; o ;
It was a really fun experience,writing letters to someone whom you never met but share the same interests,talking about random things from makeup to school to boys...
ahhh those days ; w ;
I do wish to look for new penpals again whee

Vampire

I had a penpal back when I was in high school. I'm from the Philippines and s he was from Spain. I would help her with English and she taught me how to speak Spanish. We often sent holiday cards to each other. We still keep in touch to this day. smile

Interstellar Fairy

10,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I've never had a pen pal. I would like to i just never felt comfortable about giving out my address.

Regular

9,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Market Browser 100
Yes, I have a few of them actually.

But one in particular I knew since 07'. We still chat once in a while and I sent her a postcard a month or two ago.

Its pretty fun, especially when you get to mail each other different things.
ya i did in school cuz it was for an assignment
it was p cool

i sent a few letters to my cousins a few times too when they lived in another country, and i sent them a bunch of things from canada
it was fun exclaim

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
I have never had one D:
But it sounds like a fun thing to do. ^^
How do you know how many stamps to use for international mail?
I think I might look into doing this...
I'm so awkward though. D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas