Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Businesswoman

7,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I just think it'd be cool to get to know someone from around the world.
I'm in Canada, so as long as you aren't in Canada or the USA, and can speak fluent English, I'd love to be your pen pal!
Skype is the easiest, but I can do e-mail and Gaia, too, although I'll reply slower.

Tipsy Businesswoman

7,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Alien Partier

18,725 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Skill Up 50
That would be me! smile

I'm Taiwanese (don't worry, my English is all right) and I'm currently residing in South Africa. My family and I moved to South Africa in 2003, when I was 9 years old.

I love to meet people from different parts of the world!

Tipsy Businesswoman

7,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
TheWarriorGirl
That would be me! smile

I'm Taiwanese (don't worry, my English is all right) and I'm currently residing in South Africa. My family and I moved to South Africa in 2003, when I was 9 years old.

Oh my gosh that's so cool!
Do you enjoy it there better than Taiwan?

Alien Partier

18,725 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Skill Up 50
FireBubbles3
TheWarriorGirl
That would be me! smile

Oh my gosh that's so cool!
Do you enjoy it there better than Taiwan?

Well every country has its "good's" and its "bad's". For example in South Africa, the crime is very bad, and they target foreign people (like Asians) more than anything else. What's really nice here is that people are generally friendly, (I live in what is known to South Africans the "Friendly City", Port Elizabeth), the streets are quite clean and wide, compared to the streets in Taiwan, which is often narrow and sometimes dirty.

In Taiwan, it's extremely easy to get around if you live in big cities like Taipei. There's far more options for public transport; the suburb that I stay in there's a free bus that comes around each hour, there's also the normal buses, taxis, MRT's, trains, High Speed Rail...so where ever you are, there's bound to be some sort of transport! The food there is amazing, quite different to what the South Africans have - the bread, cereal, milk, pasta...the usual Western stuff and you get tired of eating it day after day! There's such a variety of food in Taiwan - you'll never go hungry in Taiwan!
And the night life in Taiwan is amazing...shops open till late at night, there's night markets that operate until early morning...in South Africa you would be sending your life into death's hands if you're still walking around at 10pm...ok wait, I'm being a little extreme here sweatdrop
Although I've listed so many nice things about Taiwan, it's a lifestyle I wouldn't be suited to. I don't know how the kids handle their lives - everyday you get to school at 8, and school only ends at 4pm. There's no sport practices (I'm not a sporty person, so I'm not complaining) but you go straight to extra lessons for English, Maths, etc. By the time you get home, it will already be 7pm (sometimes even 9pm) and you still gotta do homework, shower, eat and so on.

So I enjoy both Taiwan and South Africa, but I might go back to Taiwan one day, it is where I was born. But we'll see...maybe I'll get a job here in South Africa...who knows? xd

Benevolent Reveler

"Don't need to be from a specific place!"
"As long as you aren't in Canada or the USA ... I'd love to be your pen pal!"
Something seems kind of off.

Tipsy Businesswoman

7,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
moon light dreamer11

Er..how?
Why would I want to talk to someone living in a place I live in or go to regularly..

Benevolent Reveler

FireBubbles3
moon light dreamer11

Er..how?
Why would I want to talk to someone living in a place I live in or go to regularly..

"Don't need to be from a specific place!" Kind of implies anyone from anywhere and then you tell people who are close to you that they aren't the kind of pen pal you would like to talk to. Which is fine. I can understand wanting pen pals from far away because different cultures are cool, but the title is kind of misleading.

Tipsy Businesswoman

7,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
moon light dreamer11
FireBubbles3
moon light dreamer11

Er..how?

"Don't need to be from a specific place!" Kind of implies anyone from anywhere and then you tell people who are close to you that they aren't the kind of pen pal you would like to talk to. Which is fine. I can understand wanting pen pals from far away because different cultures are cool, but the title is kind of misleading.

Not really. I'm not asking for one or two specific places. I'm just excluding one or two.
._.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces