Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Shapeshifter

4,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
So I was reading the raw for one of my favorite manga series, and I really wanted to know what this meant. I've been looking on Wikipedia among other sites for about 4 hours now, and can't find it typed out anywhere (or anywhere at all) so I have no idea what it means! Please help if possible, it would be very appreciated!

http://manhua.dmzj.com/bloodcoverd/23032-47.shtml
http://kanji.sljfaq.org/

good ******** luck trying to draw that symbol correctly, but hey, you might get lucky with the predictive text.

Interesting Shapeshifter

4,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Albinus of Angers
http://kanji.sljfaq.org/

good ******** luck trying to draw that symbol correctly, but hey, you might get lucky with the predictive text.

Well, this will surely be a challenge to figure out the exact stroke order, but that you very much for helping 3nodding
Mango Sweetsplash

np, I love that site. xD I've wasted so many hours trying to do exactly the same thing with horrible results.

closest I've got so far is which has something to do with choking, apparently, and which comes up as grace/kindness/favor. If only I could get them all in the same character...

Interesting Shapeshifter

4,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Albinus of Angers
Mango Sweetsplash

np, I love that site. xD I've wasted so many hours trying to do exactly the same thing with horrible results.

closest I've got so far is which has something to do with choking, apparently, and which comes up as grace/kindness/favor. If only I could get them all in the same character...

Yeah, I have gotten the same results, unfortunately. You would think that if you see kanji typed in manga, it would be something learned in school, but it wasn't on the official list anywhere.... Anyways, I'm assuming for now that it is the latter, as about 2 pages before the scene where the character says that, somebody saved her from killing herself.

Questionable Conversationalist

Going off what you two were talking about, I found this one which comes up as a scold?
喝 [JIS] 3365 [Uni] 559d [部首] 30 [教育] 8 [画数] 11 [音] カツ [英] hoarse; scold

Maybe it's like a gentle scolding combining what you were discussing earlier? Like in a situation where a friend who is down says something self-depreciating and you're like "Dude no, that's dumb" but you mean it in a supportive sense?

Interesting Shapeshifter

4,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Milady Alluca
Going off what you two were talking about, I found this one which comes up as a scold?
喝 [JIS] 3365 [Uni] 559d [部首] 30 [教育] 8 [画数] 11 [音] カツ [英] hoarse; scold

Maybe it's like a gentle scolding combining what you were discussing earlier? Like in a situation where a friend who is down says something self-depreciating and you're like "Dude no, that's dumb" but you mean it in a supportive sense?

Of course, that is also a possibility as well.

mv 's Bestie

Punk

17,325 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Who cares about stroke order?
google translate tells me it's just "Ah"

and is apparently pronounced ń

Interesting Shapeshifter

4,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Ryumance
Who cares about stroke order?

When writing Kanji, since it is very specific, the stroke order can make a big difference. Also, the website only regonizes Kanji in the proper stroke order.

Interesting Shapeshifter

4,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
president_shitface

Though Google Translate isn't exactly the first place I like to go to, that would also make sense in the context it is used in. Thank you~! Oh, and by the way, I like your username rofl
Mango Sweetsplash
president_shitface

Though Google Translate isn't exactly the first place I like to go to, that would also make sense in the context it is used in. Thank you~! Oh, and by the way, I like your username rofl
it's easier for me to just draw in a character on my phone than to find one of the websites for it
it seemed to make sense because the radical relates to the mouth and the strokes at the bottom by themselves refer to the heart, so it would make sense in an emotional scene

and ty <3

Interesting Shapeshifter

4,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
president_shitface
Mango Sweetsplash
president_shitface

it's easier for me to just draw in a character on my phone than to find one of the websites for it
it seemed to make sense because the radical relates to the mouth and the strokes at the bottom by themselves refer to the heart, so it would make sense in an emotional scene

and ty <3

Yeah. Also, I was reading a different page of the same manga (a previous chapter) and it had one of the characters using that same kanji, and when I was looking through some website I saw that somebody had translated the page where it was said, and it had it as "Hmmm....." I don't know how that would work in the dramatic last 3 pages of a horror manga, but that's my newest lead on what it may be.
Hey, so your page won't load for me. I've tried a couple times. I don't know if you're still looking for it or if I'd be any help (probably not), but I'm super curious... so... could you maybe clip it and put it somewhere else so I can see please?

Interesting Shapeshifter

4,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Nettaiya
Hey, so your page won't load for me. I've tried a couple times. I don't know if you're still looking for it or if I'd be any help (probably not), but I'm super curious... so... could you maybe clip it and put it somewhere else so I can see please?

Ah, I'm sorry that it won't load for you. I hope this link will work for you instead. And yes, I am still looking for it, though it doesn't matter to me if you can help or not.
http://mangosweetsplash.tumblr.com/image/82514847762
There you go, you can just tell me if that doesn't work either biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas