• Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
my.
s**t.
= 3=b
i'm totally advocatinggg.

Fanatical Codger

Just heard everything. Spreading news where I can, glad to see an official thread biggrin

Ordering my bracelets soon!

Omnipresent Lunatic

31,000 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200

TTxTT why do I have to not have money?! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Divine Bookworm

10,225 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Timid 100
I'm going to try to get my college involved/informed about this insanity. I've gone to my cultural group and I'm going to tell everyone in my classes about it. Any tips where else I should go/what I should do?

Aged Survivor

I wear my bracelets daily. IC is my favorite non-profit organization, and I share my DVD of the film as often as possible. I'm hoping we can air it at the homeschool group for the older kids.

Obsessive Lover

YAY I found it the official thread :3
SPREADING THE WORD O3O

7,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Hey guys. I know with the recent KONY 2012 campaign, many people have been introduced to Invisible Children. I believe I created this thread a 2-3 years ago. Sadly, I haven't been active on Gaia in about 1 1/2 years. I myself am not apart of IC, nor is this an "official thread." I just created it hoping to spread the word. I can't say I'll become as active I once was, nor can I say this thread will be updated, but I will try! #KONY2012
<3
I've signed the petition earlier today, and plan on donating to the cause in the near future.
Official or not, glad it's getting recognition on Gaia.

Aged Regular

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
tinyurl.com/konykrazy

important facebook discussions.

Consumer

75% of these funds go to the actual organization just for the purpose of getting cash. The other 25% goes to the Ugandan government to help "stop" Kony, although they're more corrupt than Kony himself.

Questionable Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Timid 100
  • Megathread 100
Criticism.

Quote:
Last year, the organization spent $8,676,614. Only 32% went to direct services (page 6), with much of the rest going to staff salaries, travel and transport, and film production.

Quote:
Both the Ugandan army and Sudan People's Liberation Army are riddled with accusations of rape and looting, but Invisible Children defends them, arguing that the Ugandan army is "better equipped than that of any of the other affected countries", although Kony is no longer active in Uganda and hasn't been since 2006 by their own admission.

Consumer

eden-of-mine

Thank you. You, ma'am, have a brain.

SadDoggo's King

Check out my guild supporting the kids! http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/stop-kony-2012-a-discussion-guild/g.381417/

Dangerous Lunatic

2011, 2 billion barrels of oil found in Uganda, suddenly AMERICA is all interested and wants to help. The goverment never cared before even though it's been going on for years. wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff