Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will you follow Invisible Children?

Yes 0.6504854368932 65.0% [ 67 ]
No 0.3495145631068 35.0% [ 36 ]
Total Votes:[ 103 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19
Montferer - Maestro's avatar

Aged Regular

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
my.
s**t.
= 3=b
i'm totally advocatinggg.
Chartreusethewaterdemon's avatar

Fanatical Codger

Just heard everything. Spreading news where I can, glad to see an official thread biggrin

Ordering my bracelets soon!
D Zonatai's avatar

Omnipresent Lunatic

15,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Flatterer 200

TTxTT why do I have to not have money?! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Deadre's avatar

Unsealed Bibliophile

5,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Brandisher 100
I'm going to try to get my college involved/informed about this insanity. I've gone to my cultural group and I'm going to tell everyone in my classes about it. Any tips where else I should go/what I should do?
I wear my bracelets daily. IC is my favorite non-profit organization, and I share my DVD of the film as often as possible. I'm hoping we can air it at the homeschool group for the older kids.
CRYPTID CAT's avatar

Obsessive Lover

YAY I found it the official thread :3
SPREADING THE WORD O3O
Saintsaholic's avatar

7,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Hey guys. I know with the recent KONY 2012 campaign, many people have been introduced to Invisible Children. I believe I created this thread a 2-3 years ago. Sadly, I haven't been active on Gaia in about 1 1/2 years. I myself am not apart of IC, nor is this an "official thread." I just created it hoping to spread the word. I can't say I'll become as active I once was, nor can I say this thread will be updated, but I will try! #KONY2012
<3
I've signed the petition earlier today, and plan on donating to the cause in the near future.
Official or not, glad it's getting recognition on Gaia.
Montferer - Maestro's avatar

Aged Regular

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
tinyurl.com/konykrazy

important facebook discussions.
Nevermore Ozkavosh's avatar

Consumer

75% of these funds go to the actual organization just for the purpose of getting cash. The other 25% goes to the Ugandan government to help "stop" Kony, although they're more corrupt than Kony himself.
eden-of-mine's avatar

Questionable Prophet

7,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Timid 100
  • Megathread 100
Criticism.

Quote:
Last year, the organization spent $8,676,614. Only 32% went to direct services (page 6), with much of the rest going to staff salaries, travel and transport, and film production.


Quote:
Both the Ugandan army and Sudan People's Liberation Army are riddled with accusations of rape and looting, but Invisible Children defends them, arguing that the Ugandan army is "better equipped than that of any of the other affected countries", although Kony is no longer active in Uganda and hasn't been since 2006 by their own admission.
Nevermore Ozkavosh's avatar

Consumer

eden-of-mine


Thank you. You, ma'am, have a brain.
BuddhasSon's avatar

Blessed Friend

Check out my guild supporting the kids! http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/stop-kony-2012-a-discussion-guild/g.381417/
A 7V G E L x's avatar

Dangerous Lunatic

2011, 2 billion barrels of oil found in Uganda, suddenly AMERICA is all interested and wants to help. The goverment never cared before even though it's been going on for years. wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games